• X-Tended - Terran Conflict 2.0 [Released : 22/12/12]


    X-Tended - Terran Conflict is a complete overhaul of Egosoft's game, X³: Terran Conflict. Featuring a completely new ship & weapon balance, numerous gameplay enhancements, streamlined ways to manage your assets, dozens of new weapons, wares, missiles, ships, new missions, a completely new map and a setting that is faithful to the official lore laid out by the books and games.

    X-Tended - Terran Conflict 2.0

    Welcome to X-Tended – Terran Conflict 2.0, probably one of the most extensive modifications to ever be made for an Egosoft game. XTC 2.0 has been in the making for 4 years and in that time has seen many different team members blood, sweat and tears. It has sent more testers running for the hills in a panic than we can count. It even broke a number of PC's along the way. Not to mention the office coffee machine... But that's a different story... She was a consenting adult!... What?!...

    We would like to thank the community for it's patience and support. Even the 5 times a week questions “Is it done yet? When will it be ready?” which at times became annoying are, in the end, appreciated, as it showed that people were still looking forward to the mod and gave us the will power to continue.

    And finally we would like to thank Egosoft, who created the original game that made all of this possible. Without the game and without their additional support at times, this mod would not have been possible.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: X-Tended - Terran Conflict 2.0 [Released : 22/12/12] started by Aragon Speed View original post
    Comments 140 Comments
    1. pulzarokkit's Avatar
      pulzarokkit -
    1. Sniper101's Avatar
      Sniper101 -
      a huge THANKS to the crew . now how to hide for the holidays?


    1. Xydonus's Avatar
      Xydonus -
      Yep, same here... Huge thanks to everyone who worked on the mod. You guys truly deserve a holiday after all the work that has been put into it!

      Also looking forward to the Manual, can't wait to sink my teeth into that beast!

      Awesome mod, well done all!
    1. Ambientus's Avatar
      Ambientus -
      And so it will be a marry Christmas indeed.

      Thank you guys! I have been waiting for more then a year for this, checking the site almost daily!

      Happy holidays to all!
    1. Vhyle's Avatar
      Vhyle -
      I was doing WoW heroic dungeoun runs with my brother and guild, and nearly quit in the middle of it, lol.

      Had to explain my excitement to my brother, then explain what the game was, then explain what the mod was.

      Good times, thanks to all you guys that were involved in making this mod! You guys worked so hard and it was very appreciated!
    1. eidolad's Avatar
      eidolad -
      thanksss bunchesss for the holiday releassse!
    1. Nomad_Soul's Avatar
      Nomad_Soul -
      Thanks for all your hard work, folks. Have a great holiday!
    1. Seion's Avatar
      Seion -
      Truly awesome guys, thank you for continuing the hard work, and putting this out finally. Downloaded and seeding.
      My legs will now begin to atrophy, I'll send you the physical therapy bill! :P
    1. Bergiel's Avatar
      Bergiel -
      Ah well there goes christmas, my wife will be pleased Great job to all involved and enjoy the holidays everyone (well as much of it that is possible from the room your computer is in anyway) Merry Christmas
    1. SNav's Avatar
      SNav -
      When it says "Difficulty: Hard" it means only starting conditions or entire game... like bigger enemy spawns or something?
    1. Resheph's Avatar
      Resheph -
      It seems like Santa visited us earlier this year I've been checking on a rergular basis here and I am glad I kept on checking Thank You guys for all the effort, sweat and tears that You put into creating this mod and I just can't wait till I get back to my battlestation and put myself into social oblivion for next weeks
    1. Hoast's Avatar
      Hoast -
      at first, thanks 2 all u guys working on 2.0! it was a brilliant mod already before and now.... *hope* :>
      but i do have a question, before i start enjoying 2.0
      do u guys edited from 1.2a to 2.0 any autopilot movements and especially the avoiding-script of the autopilot?! because it's one of the most sobering things in x3 =/ for example: recent boarded ship is told to dock at shipyard.. and its first movement is "avoiding" towards my ship till it collides... xD well done!
      so far far future and the autopilot of my ship is a dumb misfortune for every space "commander", too bad
      so, are there any improvements? *hope*
    1. Solitas's Avatar
      Solitas -
      At last (sniff)......after all these years(sniff, sniff)it is here, thank you.....
    1. insolent1's Avatar
      insolent1 -
      Downloading now, good stuff Xtended team
    1. Godlike's Avatar
      Godlike -
      Waiting for manual because otherwise i will sink inside the x-tended universe
    1. K.J.'s Avatar
      K.J. -
      Quote Originally Posted by SNav View Post
      When it says "Difficulty: Hard" it means only starting conditions or entire game... like bigger enemy spawns or something?
      Only the starting conditions. The ingame difficulty can still be changed to whatever you like. Note that the gamestart difficulty can be a bit vague - some people may struggle with "normal" while other still find "hard" relatively easy.
    1. Spikebhaal's Avatar
      Spikebhaal -
      First thank you guys nice xmas gift So i have a little questions someone knows whats with this Ships with turquoise names? Cant communicate with them.
    1. Jack08's Avatar
      Jack08 -
      Quote Originally Posted by Hoast View Post
      at first, thanks 2 all u guys working on 2.0! it was a brilliant mod already before and now.... *hope* :>
      but i do have a question, before i start enjoying 2.0
      do u guys edited from 1.2a to 2.0 any autopilot movements and especially the avoiding-script of the autopilot?! because it's one of the most sobering things in x3 =/ for example: recent boarded ship is told to dock at shipyard.. and its first movement is "avoiding" towards my ship till it collides... xD well done!
      so far far future and the autopilot of my ship is a dumb misfortune for every space "commander", too bad
      so, are there any improvements? *hope*
      The behavior of the autopilot itself cant be improved, its hard-coded into the game unfortunately.
    1. Dillpickle's Avatar
      Dillpickle -
      Quote Originally Posted by K.J. View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by SNav View Post
      When it says "Difficulty: Hard" it means only starting conditions or entire game... like bigger enemy spawns or something?
      Only the starting conditions. The ingame difficulty can still be changed to whatever you like. Note that the gamestart difficulty can be a bit vague - some people may struggle with "normal" while other still find "hard" relatively easy.
      The gamestart difficulties are the same as what the in game difficulty is initially set at.


      Quote Originally Posted by Spikebhaal View Post
      So i have a little questions someone knows whats with this Ships with turquoise names? Cant communicate with them.
      They'll be ships that have bailed - abandoned - can be claimed.
    1. Ellond's Avatar
      Ellond -
      I just crashed my M5 into an asteroid while marveling the new station designs...
      Yes, they are that good.
  • Follow Us