[Script] Carrier Power Link System (CPLS) [v0.12 - FINAL STANDALONE VERSION]
by, 23-03-2010 at 06:57 AM (3864 Views)
Please find attached the current formal release of the mod I am working on, see here on the ES Scripts & Modding forum and here in this site's scripting and modding forum for primary discussion areas. See here on the TXU Wiki for detailed information about this script.
The main changes for 0.12 are: A minor bug fix with the salesman script: Offering of installing CPLS on another ship when there is already an offer outstanding on a ship
The main changes for 0.11 are: Changed most (if not all) number formats to use the 3 digit grouping
The main changes for 0.10 are: Application of damage to CPLS when Emergency Shield Boost is used, modification to the way system damage is calculated (bigger damage should happen less frequently), replaced system damage voice messages with 3 beep alarms.
The main changes for 0.9 are: Text mapping fix for the Hot Key settings
The main changes for 0.8 are: Addition of initial translations for Spanish and Italian (CAVEAT: Translations were computer generated with some subtle ammendments by myself where deemed appropriate - my knowledge of other languages is rather limited)
The main changes for 0.7 are: further script recoding to make implementing balance adjustments even simpler, bug fix for Emergency Shutdown (now the link to affected ships is terminated as per design), incorporated Kozaki's German translations, added some missing translations for French and Russian languages.
The main changes for 0.6 are: workaround for MD failing to detect docking events for big ships, minor script recoding to make implementing anticipated balance adjustments simpler
The main changes for 0.5 are: addition of initial translations for Russian, German, and French (CAVEAT: Translations were computer generated with some subtle ammendments by myself where deemed appropriate - my knowledge of other languages is rather limited)
The main changes for 0.4 are: fix for critical problem with retailer script introduced in 0.3 and addition of variable shield drain/weapon transfer coefficients based on installed optional upgrades.
The main changes for 0.3 are: adopting a Mission Director driven trigger for the CPLS, and addition of a second selling location.
As a catch all I included the following checks to handle vessel classes other than M1, M2, M6, M7, M8, TL, TM.
Emergency Shutdown means that a connected ship's shields are drained and they are unable to connect to the CPLS again for 5 seconds. In addition the CPLS may sustain damage during an emergency shutdown, which can be repaired (at a price) via the CPLS Console while docked at any station.
- Carrier Power Link System - Other ships with 5 or less docking bays only need this
- CPLS Surge Protector - Other ships with more than 10 docking bays require this
- CPLS Link Guard - Other ships with 6-10 docking bays or more than 30 docking bays require this
- CPLS Power Coupling - Other ships with more than 15 docking bays require this
Proposed Changes for the future.
- Formal release of 1.0 (pending finalisation of balance and translations)
- Rebalancing of price/performance (if necessary - feedback to date has indicated no rebalance necessary)
- Finalise Translations (will require feedback to correct translations)
- Russian (L007)
- French (L033)
- Spanish (L034)
- Italian (L039)
- German (L049) - Thank you Kozaki for your translations
- Additional Language Support (will probably use computer generated translations initially)
- ??? (L???)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All the above is subject to rebalancing if necessary so your feed back is appreciated, thus far the feedback I have recieved has been quite positive with respect to the balance and pricing strategy. If YOU think any different please do comment either here or in the ES/TXU thread for this mod.
In case you are impatient and can't wait to find where the kit is available from:-
spoiler: You will be automatically contacted by Spirit Industries between 15s and 60s after docking in a carrier type vessel at either the Strong Arms HQ in Thyn's Excavation or the Orbital Defence Station in Asteroid Belt
- Download the CPLS.SPK or CPLS.ZIP file
- Install the mod
- For SPK - Install the mod with Cycrow's X-Universe Plugin Manager
- For ZIP - Extract to your X3:TC game directory (e.g. C:\Program Files\EGOSOFT\X3 Terran Conflict)
- Load the game and have fun!0 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes, 0 Signs