[MOD] Advanced Weapons Research Mod (AWRM) [v0.33 - Sa-02-Jul-2011]
by, 21-04-2010 at 10:34 PM (12882 Views)
Please see here on the Egosoft forums and here on this site for points of discussion. Please see here on the TXU Wiki for detailed information about this mod. Please also see here on this site for further information about EES.
The main changes for 0.34 will be: TBC
The main changes for 0.33 are: Fix for Kha'ak ownership of Kha'ak Sector; Update to hitboxes for ANC/CPBC/EPBC/PPBC; Update of CMOD Patch for CMOD v4.13
The main changes for 0.32 are: Replacement of Prototype PSP; Change to cargo classes of Enh/Adv IRE/PAC/HEPT; Update of Terran Repair Laser
The main changes for 0.31 are: Replacement of PNC class weapons with Phased Plasma Beam Cannon (PPBC - beam version of PNC with 50% damage); Update of bullet models for CPBC/EPBC class weapons; Update of missile model for Vanguard series missiles; Reduced refire rate of Prototype FBC in CMOD patch
The main changes for 0.30 are: Rebalance of Enh/Adv IRE/PAC/HEPT; Rebalance of PPC for CMOD patch
The main changes for 0.29 are: Change CPC and EPC weapons to beam type weapons (CPBC and EPBC respectively)
The main changes for 0.28 are: Addition of final AWRM weapon: Prototype FBC (SSC Mount, Terran/ATF availability, Same DPS as Std. FBC but with 33% range, 50% energy demand, and faster rate of fire)
The main changes for 0.27 are: Adjustment of all vanilla/CMOD and new beam weapons to ensure equal balance whether used by either AI or player; Altered Enhanced and Advanced beams to have a longer bullet life and lower refire rate; Altered "Terran Repair Laser" so that it will use ammo correctly.
The main changes for 0.26 are: Conversion of an Unknown Sector to a Kha'ak core sector; Addition of a Kha'ak shipyard; Addition of a Kha'ak equipment dock; Security of Xenon Sector 596 increased to core; Addition of a Xenon shipyard to Xenon Sector 596; Addition of a Xenon Equipment Dock to Xenon Sector 596; Addition of Prototype HEPT/FAA/PPC for the Xenon (balance c/f Prototype IRE/PAC); Addition of Enh/Adv Sting/Needle/Thorn; Changed ware class of Needle to M
The main changes for 0.25 are: MARS v4.95 Compatability (preliminary); Enh/Adv versions of Kha'ak lasers; New visuals for Kha'ak lasers; Better support for non-English language users
The main changes for 0.24 are: New visuals for AWRM bullets (APE/CPC/EPC/PNC); New visuals for beam weapons (Std/Enh/Adv PALC/PBC/TBC/FBC)
The main changes for 0.23 are: Increased charged damage for Adv. EMPC (1.5s charge time for quadruple damage); Addition of charged firing to Enh. EMPC (0.75s charge time for double damage); Modified Hitboxes for most AWRM weapons (Enh./Adv. variants will generally have bigger hit boxes); Upgraded EES Configuration (added laser/missile categorisation flags); CMOD Patch R3 (compatable with 4.6)
IMPORTANT NOTEThis mod adds entries to the TLaser, TBullets, and TMissiles files so may be incompatable as is with other mods that also change those files. If you wish to integrate this mod with another mod then I hear by permit the merging and redistribution of this mod with other mods providing that credit for my work is duely given and that you reference the appropriate revision of this mod that has been merged.
The old script based shop and retailers have now been replaced by the Spirit Industries HQ, Joint Commonwealth Research Agency (JCRA) HQ and THINK missions. The Spirit Industries HQ is located somewhere in Heretics End and the JCRA HQ is located somewhere in Grand Exchange.
The Marines added to both HQs will gradually gain in skill (and cost) over time, using a script of my own design that can be applied periodicly to any dock type station (as far as I am aware). No more buying a bunch of marines you will not use just to increase the chance of getting the marines you want.
Proposed Future Changes
- Formal release of 1.0 (pending finalisation of initial work and translations)
- Rebalancing of price/performance (if necessary)
- Rebalancing of marine skill gain (if necessary)
- Optimising/Improving bullets (low priority - may not be done till post 1.0)
- Finalise Text
- Additional Language Support (looking for human translators may use computer based translations in lieu of volunteers)
- Russian (L007)
- French (L033)
- Spanish (L034)
- Italian (L039)
- German (L049)
CMOD Compatability Patch InstructionsThis is a patch for an AWRM installation on a base installation of CMOD (exc. Add-on packs)
- Download the AWRM.SPK or AWRM.ZIP file from here.
- Install the mod:-For SPK - Install the mod with Cycrow's X-Universe Plugin Manager
For ZIP - Extract to your X3:TC game directory (e.g. C:\Program Files\EGOSOFT\X3 Terran Conflict)
- Load the game and have fun!
Known departures from CMOD v4.13 baseline:-
- Install the default configuration of CMOD v4.13, EES v2.6, and AWRM v0.33
- Download the CMOD_Patch_R13.ZIP file from here.
- Extract the CMOD_Patch_R13.ZIP file to your X3:TC game directory (e.g. C:\Program Files\EGOSOFT\X3 Terran Conflict)
- Load the game and have fun!
- Disables (Cargo Class of 6) the Gamma PPC from CMOD as this was not intended for player use and is simply a duplicate of the Vanilla PPC.
- Enables Quantum Repair Laser and removes "Beam" attribute so that it will use ammo appropriately
- Gamma Kyon Emitter still XL class
- All beam lasers have had their bullet life extended to match their refire rate0 Thanks, 0 Likes, 0 Dislikes, 0 Signs