is Around here

I am:
      Shy

Total Contributions For

Anon loyalist      £ 0.00
      Main InfoStatus and ThingsPoints and CreditsOther
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AlbinoRhino05 View Post
      I have a question regarding the Military HUD Mk2 mod. Everything looks great, so props on that... but the issue that I'm having is that every time I load up the game with the new HUD installed, I can't see my mouse cursor. The mouse still functions and I'm able to target things... that is as soon as I can locate the cursor and move it to the place I need it. I'm running X3 Reunion 2.5 with XTM 7.5 and have no other issues then that. Any suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated.
      Could be it is installed wrong.
      Try installing the HUD again and see what that does.
      If not, I know of one or two users who can help

Fan Fiction Forum
      Friendly guide to TXU
      Cheats for TC

Something is hidden in this Signature, try to find it
      -CAREFUL WITH YOUR POSTS-

"Reputation system" Click the little Star *
      0 0 0

Mokonzi's slave.... :p NovaCatt's Avatar
      Credits
      is back to terrorize the forums
      once more... >:D

I am:
      Tired

Total Contributions For

NovaCatt Points for Visitor Messages (Given)      £ 0.00
      Top of the Great Dividing Range, Queensland, Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Anon loyalist View Post
      Could be it is installed wrong.
      Try installing the HUD again and see what that does.
      If not, I know of one or two users who can help
      Hiya Peeps,

The big question that nobody has asked is: Is he installing the proper version?.....
      I say that 'cause Ulfius made at least two (2) versions of his HUD Mod... 1 for X3:R & the other for TC...

To me, it sounds like he could be trying to install the TC version into X3:R.....
      So naturally it's not going to work properly in X3:R if it's the TC version.......

As far as I understand it, there are some minor differences between the two (2) versions of the HUD Mod...

Another thing that occurs to me is: What version of Cycrow's Plugin Manager is he using?

However, as Anon said, simply reinstalling the script/plugin should fix the problem...

Cheers & Thranx

Want to view some great screenshot's?
      -->> Click Here <<--
      Want to find some great info on various ships & stations in the X series? -->> Visit the TXU Wiki <<--

2 0 0

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

AlbinoRhino05      £ 0.00

Thanks to Anon and NovaCatt for the replies. I downloaded the HUD mod off of the X3:R CMOD II page and its states that it is for X3:R. And I'm using Plugin Manager 2.12. I have re-downloaded the mod thinking that maybe some error happened from downloading it the first time and tried reinstalling it. Same problem still occurs, the mouse is usable... but does not show up on screen.

1 0 0

Credits
      is Around here

I am:
      Shy

Total Contributions For

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AlbinoRhino05 View Post
      Thanks to Anon and NovaCatt for the replies. I downloaded the HUD mod off of the X3:R CMOD II page and its states that it is for X3:R. And I'm using Plugin Manager 2.12. I have re-downloaded the mod thinking that maybe some error happened from downloading it the first time and tried reinstalling it. Same problem still occurs, the mouse is usable... but does not show up on screen.
      Does that mean your problem is solved?
      Because you can use the cursor in-game anyway.

Fan Fiction Forum
      Friendly guide to TXU
      Cheats for TC

0 0 0

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Does that mean your problem is solved?
      Because you can use the cursor in-game anyway.
      The problem that I'm having doesn't have to do with the mouse functioning in-game... it has to do with the fact that with Military HUD Mk2 mod installed the mouse vanishes into the background or something and I can't find it without moving close to a building or gate and trying to click on it until I see the dock symbol come up... then I can actually figure out from there where to move the mouse to so that I can use it. The mouse is still available... just invisible. It's a rather large pain in the rear end.

0 0 0

Credits
      is Around here

I am:
      Shy

Total Contributions For

Blog Entries

Read the instructions again for the HUD on page 1

It says something important in there.
      See if you've done any of the things it advises against

Fan Fiction Forum
      Friendly guide to TXU
      Cheats for TC

2 0 0

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Read the instructions again for the HUD on page 1

It says something important in there.
      See if you've done any of the things it advises against
      The only thing that I can find about anyone else having issues is if they tried to use the XTM and the TXU versions together. I have downloaded only the XTM versions. And my mouse becomes visible again once I disable the HUD mod. Maybe it's just best that I uninstall the HUD mod because not being able to use my mouse in-game without 10 mins of searching for it is a real pain. And I can't seem to understand why it is that my mouse cursor vanishes into the background when the mod is running. Thanks again to Anon and NovaCatt for taking the time to try and help me out.

1 0 0

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

jumbled      £ 0.00

I just installed this today and giving it a try to see how I like it. I've heard about it quite a few times, along with some of the support scripts.

Anyway, first thing I notice it all the Ashley factories in my game now show up as "undefined" or "invalid"...whatever the word it is...it is NOT showing up as <factory> XL or XXL, etc. and the extended hub and complex bazare items also are mising. In fact, one Ashley shipyard I looked at had hardly anything listed in it other than "undefined" stuff.

I originally had Ashley's stuff installed as my first fake patch # after XTM, then I use the Complex Cleaner as the next one. Yours came in after that, just because that's how it landed. Should I put yours in first, THEN Ashley and the Complex Cleaner? What are you doing in Tfactories that I should maybe know about to see if it's even compatible, or if I should maybe try to merge them somehow?

I'll try moving things around a bit, but I don't want to break anything. I tried browsing through some of the 50+ pages in here, but it's just too much to read when you don't even know where to start (and my attention span ain't that good).

I'm actually a bit surprised this hasn't come up before, as Ashley is an almost NECESSITY if you're going to play X3, due to the fact that any respectable complex needs to have so many factories in it, and any serious gamer builds 'em big, that you need mostly XL and XXL stuff to keep FPS lag under control! I've also recently found the Complex Cleaner is a godsend at taking all the gazillions of Ashley XXL fabs and "crunching" them down into a single monsterous box, cutting IS lag considerably.

0 0 0

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

jumbled      £ 0.00

Ok, a follow-up the my previous post, plus a few comments on my experience with CMOD...

I've found that I need to install CMOD FIRST after XTM, and before Ashleys. My sequence goes as CMOD, then the HUD, then Ashleys and last the Complex Cleaner. (I doubt it makes a big difference where the HUD comes in, but I put it after CMOD because they sort of go together). This works and I don't get any errors from Ashley's factories or anything else.

As for my experiences, this thing makes a big change to the gaming experience from the original vanilla X3 methods. One thing I have to admit I'm not too happy with (you can't please ALL the people ALL the time, I guess), is the massively reduced missile longevity. I LIKED throwing out Thunderbolts and Tempests from half a sector away and killing stuff 100 km distant! It saved me the trouble of spending an hour flying over there myself. And I could also "tag" something that might otherwise do something I didn't want it to do so it'll come to me, instead. When you're flying around at best speed of maybe 130-140 m/s, just about everything this side of an M1 goes faster than you (and even a few M1's go faster than that!). I also liked lining up a rooster tail of Typhoons heading out towards a Xenon Q or similar from 50 km away, so by the time I got there, it's shields would be down, hull to 50% and I could kill it before getting killed BY it.

However, that's not true any more, as my favorite 190+ m/s missiles are now slower than I am, making ME arrive at my target before THEY do. And I'm terrible at dogfighting. Having long-lasting missiles chasing my target around for 10 minutes was sometimes the ONLY way for me to kill it. I could send out a dozen Silkworms after a dozen M4's as "fire and forget" so I could focus on a pesky M3 while all those M4's die. Now, the missiles don't even make it to the target before they self-destruct. So why bother filling up my cargo space with them?

Worse yet... (and I think this is from OCS, maybe?), the bad guys shoot my missiles down before they even get close, which makes my missiles even more useless. In the end, *I* make a better "missile" than the missiles, by aiming at the enemy, charging up to full speed, and ramming them (which is how at least half of my targets end up dying, since I'm such a bad pilot...heh).

All in all, I do like the mod...I just need to get used to not having some of the older conveniences and make an adjustment to the style with the new features. Like, for instance, rather than shoot missiles from the safety of the other side of the sector, instead launch them when I'm right on top of the enemy getting my butt handed back to me on a plate. And God help me if my target is a capital ship, cuz in XTM, they go BOOM, and take out everything close enough that made them go boom in the first place. (yes, I can turn that off, but I like the boom part...on OTHER ships!)

On the bright side, I suppose I can say I'm able to develop new methods, given enough save/reload cycles... I started wth a custom XTM Terran flight leader start-up, so I'm flying a Thor with several Valkyries. I was in Meneleus's Paradise (whatever it's called up by Getsu Fune) when a Q patrol came in. With only the start-up 4 AEMP's loaded in my front guns, I took out a couple P's and eventually took down the Q (using a Boron station as cover for the better shielding from the Q's APPC). So I'm pretty proud of myself for doing something I needed at least a Hyperion for in my last game.

By the way, I've been having a game crashing bug hit me on several occasions and I think it might be related to OCS. When I use the RRF scripts and *cough* -accidentally- start a war between 2 obviously hostile factions *cough*, once the fighting gets going, the game STOPS cold - locks up - or on a few occasions has a CTD. On one of these occasions, a ship of mine finished a command and was config'd to beep at me when done. The pop-up message also pulled up a few other previous "incoming messages" that I had to cancel, but I was ignoring up till then. One of these was an infinite loop detection message in one of the OCS scripts. It was pure chance I happened to get this, as most other times the game simply crashed on me.

Where do I find a support thread for the OCS scripts? I did a search, but only came up with a lot of odd unrelated stuff that probably came up only because the letters, or a brief reference, might have been inside somewhere.

0 0 0

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Hyperion01      £ 0.00

Please help! I am running X3 Reunion with Xtended, so I downloaded the XTM version, then HUD and speed boost. But it keeps saying that correct XTM files haven't been found, each time I load a savegame. I discovered that Speed boost addon is causing the message, so is it possible to get rid of that message even if using this addon?

0 0 0