• Happy
  • Hungry
  • Sad
  • Shy
  • Tired
  • User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
    Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Tell me your experience whit NH!

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

El Gordo      £ 0.00
      Main InfoStatus and ThingsPoints and CreditsOther

Default Tell me your experience whit NH!

Hello all ,

I am new here in this forum. I have been playing the XTM-Mode for long time. I recently found this site and the information about teh NH-Mod and I also watched the very formidable trailer and was really impressed. So I am thinking to try this mod. But before I will play it
      I want now something more, (because it takes a lot of time to reinstall X3 and install this NH-MOD) so I read the information and saw through the gallery which can be found here in this forum.
      I found information about new ships and new features but is there also a new additional storyline as it has XTM. If I see the download size it is quite bigger than the XTM-MOD
      So can I expect that this MOD has more storyline and different missions?

So please could you tell me your experience whit NH which you have made the pros and contra! Maybe there are somebody’s who have played both Mod and can give some comparative impressions.

Please be aware I don´t want start a discussion against one of the both MODs. I have a lot of respect for bothe MOD-Teams

So that was all for a stard and I look forward to your response.

Mokonzi's slave.... :p NovaCatt's Avatar
      Credits
      is back to terrorize the forums
      once more... >:D

I am:
      Tired

Total Contributions For

NovaCatt Points for Visitor Messages (Given)      £ 0.00
      Top of the Great Dividing Range, Queensland, Australia

Hiya Peeps,

@ El Gordo......
      Hiya Mate,
      Welcome to the forum!

I'd like to make a suggestion....
      When you've finished re-installing X3:R, I suggest you make a copy of the contents of the folder you install it into (IE: the CAT/DAT files), so that way you have an extra copy available in case, a) you wish to install another mod as well or b) you have too many problems with your game, in which case, you can simply copy the contents of the spare version straight over the top...

I personally have 4 separate installations of X3:R on my 'puter.... I have a completely "vanilla" installation (No Mods/scripts installed), an XTM Mod installation, a New Horizon's Mod installation & a Roguey's Mod installation (Only because I have a sector in it named after me... )... The last three all have a separate "user account" setup so I can tell which Mod I'm playing at the time...

Now onto your questions, which I shall answer as best I can....

I have thoroughly enjoyed playing the New Horizon's mod in it's many previous versions...

I will mention that in this Mod that the yaki are a bigger menace then the pirates are as the yaki will attack you if you have a fair bit of money.... (They are pirates after all & want more then their fair share... )

Another thing you will also notice in New Horizon's is the fact that the Xenon will now move between their own sectors & attack any ship in their way...

There is also a new race in the game called The Spectre who have some fantastic ships such as the M8 Anvil (which is a mini-carrier ship) & the M9 Axe (Which is a mini-destroyer that can also dock a few fighter ships) as well as the Scabbard Superfreighter TS which boasts an impressive 15k cargo hold & a quad cannon rear turret....

HTH & once again, Welcome to the forum!

Cheers & Thranx

Last edited by NovaCatt; 21-11-2008 at 04:26 AM. Reason: renamed a ship.........

Want to view some great screenshot's?
      -->> Click Here <<--
      Want to find some great info on various ships & stations in the X series? -->> Visit the TXU Wiki <<--

Credits
      is relieved to be back!

I am:
      Happy

Total Contributions For

Quasar - {SM} Points for Social Group Messages      £ 0.00

I have played and enjoyed both XTM and NH... both have interested me hugely, and both are great mods in their own right... imho they cannot be compared, as they are very different in their approach...

XTM is very much a fighting mod... the universe is dangerous from the off, and you need to keep your wits about you to answer the threats... and there are some great ships in it, especially the M0s, but you already know that!

NH is safer to begin with, and the Yaki play a far more important part in it... it is more complicated, with more races involved, and has more exploring and thinking in it... there are a lot of hidden goodies in it...

Ships in NH worthy of mention (in addition to what NC wrote):-
      My personal favourite, of all the ships in X, is the Mobile Fortress 2B, a huge ship, capable of docking 4 capital ships, something like 36 M6s, and over 200 fighters, this is a very serious ship, which is a real pleasure to use... imagine jumping into a threat with that lot, then calmly being the Admiral directing the ships, great fun!
      The Osprey M6+ is a very good intermediate ship, something rather lacking in vanilla... it's more manouverable and has good turret coverage, probably the best M6 in the game...
      The Pirate Falcon M3+ is the ship you start with in the Pirate Start... but it's nothing like a Falcon from vanilla, it's fast, with a huge cargo bay, and a good laser recharge, it's a really excellent M3+ comparable favourably to the LX... a must try!!

Help make this site even better! Donate >>here<< to TXU and become a TXU Chartered Member
      Please use the "reputation points system": (the star below left) so people can see who helps the most.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

El Gordo      £ 0.00

Thank you all for your response,

It sounds interesting and I think I will try this mod.
      This new race which calls spectre are they only supes or do they play an important role in this game and are there also some activities of them out of his own sector? What is about the Khaak? I could not see something of them in the trailer.

mfg

EL Gordo

Credits

I am:
      Tired

Total Contributions For

Hiya Peeps,

@ El Gordo.......
      Hiya Mate,

RE: Spectre.....
      Unfortunately they are a new race in name only, in NH Mod all their sector's are classed as teladi as the teladi were the 1st to make contact with them...
      The only major differences between Spectre sectors & normal teladi sectors is the Spectre have some differently named stations, such as Fruit famrs, fish farms, deuterium factories to name a few....

RE: Kha'ak.........
      Yep, they're still in the mod.... AFAIK, there's no way to remove them from the game apart from a complete rewrite of the game code.....

Unfortunately our illustrious Mod Leader, Phlt, isn't online much at the moment due to his work & family commitments, as he'd would know more about this bit then I do....

HTH,

Cheers & Thranx

Last edited by NovaCatt; 22-11-2008 at 11:36 AM. Reason: added extra info for clarification purposes.........

-->> Click Here <<--
      Want to find some great info on various ships & stations in the X series? -->> Visit the TXU Wiki <<--

Credits
      is relieved to be back!

I am:
      Happy

Total Contributions For

Quasar - {SM} Points for Social Group Messages      £ 0.00

yes, the Spectre sectors have a completely different "feel" to them, and the Spectre ships are like nothing else in the x-verse. Add to that different factories, and it is well worth a visit, IF you can find them!!

Oh, I forgot to mention another favourite of mine earlier, the Mech Mother... a very powerful, but quite small M1 that can hold it's own against most M2s... and is capable of using GKyons, GPPCs and GPSGs, a ship for a multitude of tasks!

Help make this site even better! Donate >>here<< to TXU and become a TXU Chartered Member
      Please use the "reputation points system": (the star below left) so people can see who helps the most.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Happy

Total Contributions For

Phlt      £ 0.00

I could not reply more than that!

I just would like to add the followwing: Spectre is a VERY hidden race, which allows you to trade different goods well rewarded, and buy great sfips that you cannot find somewhere else.

TXU info: Please use "reputation points system": so people can see who helps the most.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

RedEyedRaven      £ 0.00

Hi there.
      I really enjoy playing the NH mod.
      But there are two things I want to ask about.
      1. What about the Deliverance from the Transcend mod? Why is that ship not included?

2. Did someone think of adding the repel weapon from transcend to NH? Would be a great special feature for some of the ships from M6 to M1, for example the Paranid Hyperion or the evader corvette.

All in all, the mod is good. I like the idea of an ITF, and I like the many new sectors.

greets RER

Credits
      is Returning to the X Universe

I am:
      Cool

Total Contributions For

Kosh Vorlontay      £ 0.00

Started the Janus mission again in order to say yes to the Yaki, in Profit Center Alpha near the SG, who selling his services to lead you to.....

I say yes and then he engages my autopilot so that we head north towards Two Grand.

He is attacked by fellow Yaki who do not like his betrayal. They jump in and kill him then jump out.

I have gone through this twice, with me killing all the Yaki who attack him and letting him die.

If I save him then he just sits in his ship and does nothing.

If I do not save him the attacking Yaki warn me to stay out of their sectors and jump away.

I let him die and after the warning, continue north to Two Grand. In Two Grand there is a new gate to the north going to a Yaki sector called Janus' Revenge. While in sector no Yaki attack but in the extreme north of sector is a gate to Janus' Sanctuary along with a Teladi ED. Between the ED and the gate are about 6 LX's and Xenon M6.

Once through the gate and in Janus' Revenge you find a Teladi ED, Yaki & Pirate base, SPP, and a Yaki shipyard called the Marauder.

The Marauder keeps warning you away but after 3 time it sends out ships to attack you. I destroyed them and nothing happens. No reprisal from the other Yaki in the system, nothing.

What happens now, or did I screw something up?

KOSH

"Ah, you seek meaning? Then listen to the music, not the song."

Credits

I am:
      Tired

Total Contributions For

Hiya Peeps,

@ Kosh.....
      Hiya mate,
      From what I can tell, you haven't screwed anything up....
      It sounds like you don't quite have enough rep to land at that station... Exactly what rep lvl you should have I'm not sure...

As for the Yaki not attacking you for shooting those ships... I dare say as far as the Yaki are concerned, those ships weren't Yaki ships, so they couldn't care less what happens to them....

Glad your enjoying playing NH!

Cheers & Thranx

-->> Click Here <<--