This is a small guide on the in-game building index. It covers the idea and usage of the index including benefits and risks.
- What is the sector building index?
- How to access the index?
- How/When does the index get an update?
- How to put a building on the index?
What is the sector building index?
- Public list of buildings within a sector
- Owners have to manually put their buildings to be listed
- Shows location and owner of a building
- Optionally shows a custom building message specified by the owner
- Optionally shows additional automatic information (value/amount of commodities, free capacity and ticks supplied)
How to access the index?
- Using the link View Sector Building Index in the Cargo box on the Nav screen to access the building index of the current sector
- Using a Map Pack (I or II; see Ship Equipment Reference) to access all sectors of the current cluster by following the links on the Map tab on the Overview screen
How/When does the index get an update?
- The index gets an update when it is accessed, but only...
- One hour after the last update
- Or after a building tick
How to put a building on the index?
- Go to Overview - Buildings
- Follow the link Building index on the left side under your building
- Check the box labelled Show building including custom info in sector-wide building index
- Press the Set button
- Optionally provide...
- Custom building message
- Additional automatic information by checking the box labelled Additionally display automatic info about your current prices and amount of resources
- Helps traders a lot
- Providing additional automatic information increases the chance a building is supplied regularly and helps with (inter) sector needs
- Custom message to further advertise a building or to provide addtional information like production level or required upkeep
- Pirates can pre-check a cluster for big amounts of valuable goods
Last edited by Darius Dornwell; 15-07-2011 at 10:52 AM.