Welcome TXU Rojero
I wanna say this game is amazing. I been reading the forums for the past few months, just learning the game is daunting, but I gotta tell you this game is amazing. I have played the original Elite on my C64 in High School in the 80's, then Freelancer, then this game i picked up after reading several reviews, gotta say I love it. I can't wait to discover more! Anyway I wanna say hello to the community and say thank you for providing so much for us players who are new to such an amazing game. :-D
It sure is Rojero. I've played the game for some weeks,but is only recently that i've added the wonderful upgrades to the game(the patch,the bonus package and the XTM). The game is much more colorfull. Thanks to the XTM team.
@Rojero/@Light-in-Heaven, welcome to The X Universe forums.
If I understand correctly, you've loaded X3: Reunion (patched and bonus pack) and XTM.
Between X3:Reunion, X-Tended Mod, X3: Terran Conflict, and X-Tended Terran Conflict, you'll be happy for the next several thousand hours of play.
...and believe me, you can easily spend that time.
My first play-thru for X3:TC ran just short of 1500 hours of play time.
Anyway, this is the place to come for answers to all your X Universe questions.
You can run, but you'll just die tired.
Thank you! By the way I have quite a few questions so I hope you don't mind me asking, and this is open to anyone.
1. I bought the X3 Gold Edition, does X:TC contain the Reunion stuff as well?
2. Should I just play TC instead of Reunion?
3. I read a few things about scripts...what are they and what do they do?
4. A few times I have played, and done the auto pilot a few times in Reunion, my ship docks with a station and I am unable to access station menu (ie I want to trade but the panel does not show) any ideas what to do?
5. I also downloaded the XTM as well, is it only for reunion or does it also affect TC?
6. The bonus package, where is that located? Here as well? Or on the official site?
Thanks ahead of time guys :-D
1. Well X3:TC contains a lot of content of reunion, but to say you shouldn't play reunion I dunno. Of course if you're in it for the plot it's worth it (because obviously TC doesn't have the same plot), otherwise there are some changes but most of it is cosmetic and just more (ie more weapons, more ships, more sectors, etc). Maybe someone else can also share their opinion I think it's worth it, but that might be because I spend many more hours in reunion then I did in TC :P
2. See answer to question 1 :P
3. Scripts are things you can install into the game that add functionality. For example there are scripts that allow you to cheat in ship, money, weapons, etc. Scripts can do a huge variety of things, from adding more life to the universe to different turret routines to more effectively shoot down missiles and enemies. I advice you to check out the scripts and modding forums on the egosoft forums as most scripts are posted there.
4. I'm not sure on this one what the issue could be, but maybe someone else does
5. XTM is only for Reunion. XTC is only for TC.
6. The bonus package is a collection of scripts that have been signed by egosoft (which means you can use them without a *modified* tag and without activating the script editor, at least that's what I thought xD), installing the bonus package is a good idea if you want to get familiar with scripts because that shows you a bit what scripts can do It can be downloaded from the egosoft website (it should be in the download section in roughly the same place as you can download the patches).
Hope that helps you a bit
Thank you MadMac. Is good to be here.RojeroX3 Reunion is a wonderful game(at least from what i played so far). Don't know much about TC just what i "heard" but i bet is even better. My pc is slower so i am thankfull with Reunion for now. I think is better if we play Reunion first. That way we get used to the X-universe because TC has so much to offer like Jeff here said. More ships,more weapons,etc,etc.Talk to Jeff or MadMac for TC reviews as they play/ed the game. Also TC is way bigger than Reunion when installed and requires better hardware. I noticed is even more challanging with XTM installed. I think XTC will have the same affect on TC. You have come in the right place(just as I),amoung People with great tallent.
Dreams Dream The Dreamers
Last edited by Aragon Speed; 22-10-2011 at 05:34 AM.
Also thanks for everyone else, for the information. I just receieved a high end Alienware from my family for my BDAY, and its amazing! Close to 4k in added memory, etc...so X3 looks amazingling beautiful :-D I will check out the bonus patch and load that up. Thanks for everything.