Thread: Enemy at the Gate - Walkthrough = Massive spoilers

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

insolent1      £ 10.00
      Main InfoStatus and ThingsPoints and CreditsOther

spoiler: On my second playthrough his ship got destroyed while I was OOS, I picked him up and the mission continued as normal, I didn't pick up the CLS as I already had one installed

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Tired

Total Contributions For

Ben5993      £ 0.00

So, now I got a second problem. I have to talk to the engineer in Sudden Assault for repairing the Ray but the point is: Sudden Assault is a Khaak Core sector, nothing is there anymore so the mission doesnt show any guidance either, any suggest how to deal with this?

Third problem: Extended Drift is being attacked by the Xenon from the left and from an Khaak invasion fleet from right side, guess Borons wont hold themselves for a long time... -.-

Last edited by Ben5993; 27-01-2013 at 06:47 PM.

Spammy the (spacefl)Eye in the sky... stemardue's Avatar
      Credits
      is watching you! ῼ

I am:
      Cool

Total Contributions For

stemardue Points for Social Group Discussions      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ben5993 View Post
      Sudden Assault is a Khaak Core sector, nothing is there anymore so the mission doesnt show any guidance either, any suggest how to deal with this?
      This and also your second questions have been already mentioned as bugs/problems related to Khaak and Xenon AL settings. They should be fixed in the next patch.
      You may try to free the sector from invasion by destroying the Khaak hive, but i am not sure that can make the plot continue.

♪♫♫♪♪
      Here is XTC 2.0 FAQ. <<<--- Go read it!
      See my XTM gameplay tips here
      Do the X-Hop!
      Relax and dance to the Deep X
      I don't know well what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it well.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Tired

Total Contributions For

Ben5993      £ 0.00

Quote Originally Posted by stemardue View Post
      This and also your second questions have been already mentioned as bugs/problems related to Khaak and Xenon AL settings. They should be fixed in the next patch.
      You may try to free the sector from invasion by destroying the Khaak hive, but i am not sure that can make the plot continue.
      Ok, just cleaned Sudden Assault with my Ray and accidently blew up a Dreadnought which had bailed before, I love Hornets but right now I wish I wouldnt have had them -.-
      Gonna see if Borons place a new Trading station and if that Engineer's still there then...I hope so!

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Tired

Total Contributions For

Ben5993      £ 0.00

Ok, I report back to base - Borons placed a new Trading station but plot is still broken! I wanted to see the ATF ships in Xtended but guess they'll never be in my universe now I spent too much time for simply restarting so yeah . Hope the team may patch this kinda major bug in the future!

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

insolent1      £ 10.00

Have you got a save from before accepting the mission, because if you do you could remove the kha'ak before accepting the mission and this might allow the plot to continue.

Also if this works remove the Kha'ak from the Boron sectors as there is some more parts of the plot that require the boron to have stations and control over some of those sectors.

Last edited by insolent1; 28-01-2013 at 05:20 PM.

TXU Sr. Member Heteran Leticron's Avatar
      Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Heteran Leticron      £ 0.00

isnt it possible to simply restart a plot over the script editor? i thought to remember, it is. i think in XTM i did a certain otas mission several times until i got it right. but its so long ago, i could be mistaken and just reloaded

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Tired

Total Contributions For

Ben5993      £ 0.00

Quote Originally Posted by insolent1 View Post
      Have you got a save from before accepting the mission, because if you do you could remove the kha'ak before accepting the mission and this might allow the plot to continue.

Also if this works remove the Kha'ak from the Boron sectors as there is some more parts of the plot that require the boron to have stations and control over some of those sectors.
      I already thought about that but the problem is that Khaak took over this sector about 4 ingame days ago, I got no save left from before the takeover. Khaak control now about 60% of Boron sectors, I and RNB just cant hold the sectors, at beginning a standard invasion fleet consisted of 2 Khaak M2, 2 Frigates and a couple of M6 and fighters. Now I usually get about 4 Khaak M2, 2 Khaak M2+, 6 Frigates and maybe 14 M6 with at least 20 fighters, impossible for my poor Ray
      Maybe the devs should have thought about that problem before they decided put to such an important plot in Boron space, Extened Rift is now almost Khaak owned as well, only the trading station is still standing but when it falls I guess that the whole plot-mission will be aborted...
      I'm not even that interested in playing the missions but I want ATF ships in my universe. In 1.2a I was kinda disappointed that there werent any ATF (except Valhalla) in the game and I was happy that they're finally included now but guess that Khaak just destroyed my dream >.<

Ah and I may have another bug to report: I once wrote in this forum that the Xenon in my universe were staying all the time in their sector 611 and never tried to invade Argon space so I went there with my Ray and destroyed the shipyard. They respawned in sector 1718 and 1716. As I'm hostile with Paranid I wanted the Xenon somewhere where I could participate on fighting their invasions so i went to 1718/16 and destroyed the xenon stations. Now they respawned in sector 2013 which was even worse for me so went there. All I see is an empty sector with a Xenon shipyard which I could shoot down without any M2 or response fleet spawning but here is the problem - after I destroyed this shipyard and 2013 becomes "Unknown" again, the xenon dont respawn anymore! I tried to continue playing for about 30 ingame minutes but they didnt show up anymore in any sector, usually they respawned within 5 minutes after I had destroyed their last shipyard =/
      Sorry for off-topic but I dont want to spam all this in new posts....

Well mates, guess the only possibility is to restart now
      Khaak destroyed the only plot that would bring ATF ships into my space and Xenon decided to better not spawn anymore so there aren't any Xenon invasions either. Of course the game is still fun but much less compared to what it could be. I'm at 12 ingame days now, 5 of them are real life days, hope the devs think about some design problems of their mod in the future or at least inform the player somehow before it's actually too late!

Last edited by Ben5993; 28-01-2013 at 08:28 PM.

Credits
      is (-.(-.-).-).-)

I am:
      Happy

Total Contributions For

Starwolf931      £ 0.00

I wouldnt go as far to restart game cause of this , I finished Enemy at the Gate plot you wont get to see too much of ATF nor they will stay after plot things you get arespoiler: ATF Asgard some sort of super tuned TL and blueprints for Xenon I (which serve you no good since getting guns for it is too complicated) and possibly military outpost ,honestly you should try getting ATF ships to spawn some other way, but if u rly rly want to get em normal way be prepared to board that Tyr ,Odin.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Tired

Total Contributions For

Ben5993      £ 0.00

Well, I restarted now already, this time as a trader and got 10 ingame hours now....still thanks for your answer!
      The TL would have interested me but I didnt restart only cuz ATF were missing but as well because Xenon were bugged and didnt spawn anymore. Now I gonna try how good/bad I am in trading but kept a backup of my old savegame of course!