----

Total Contributions For

Loriel      £ 0.00
      Main InfoStatus and ThingsPoints and CreditsOther

Quote Originally Posted by Fighter 77 View Post
      Hi,
      Enemy at the Gate - spoiler:Behind Enemy Lines Part
      In Sector 203 I am unable to pick up Tama Bo - meaning I am not able
      to even get anywhere near him at all, ( I get killed long before that).
      I tried different approaches in my M5;tried M7 and even a M2+.
      The Sector rapidly fills up with Xenon of all types; meaning I have
      no chance, unless I had 50 M2+'s.
      insolent1 says he used the ship - Pirate kestrel.

Questions:
      1. What other Ship can I use/try?
      2. Any advice on Tactics to try?
      3. Apart from loading a previous Save Game how do I "Abort Mission"?
      Note: The "Abort Mission" is greyed out.
      I had a similar problem on one occasion.

My solution was to wait until he passed through a gate into a new sector, then pick him up before the Xenon followed him.

Another solution I have seen advocated is application of large numbers of drones and missiles to keep the Xenon occupied.

It may also be possible to simply wait until he makes his own way to safety - though in that case you might not get any credit for saving him.

I doubt that you can abandon the mission - that would probably terminate the plot.

Loriel

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Fighter 77      £ 0.00

Hi Loriel,
      I did try sending in Drones supported by a M2+; all were
      quickly killed.
      I tried 3 x Drone Frigrates (24 in each) plus my Red Wing of
      4 x Leviathan M2+ (Outfitteded - Ammo Charger, Weapons Charger,Shield Chager).
      All were overwhelmed by the vastly superior Xenon.

I did not think that Tama Bo could actually move in his Space Suit. His ship is
      destroyed long before I can get to him & he is just floating. Sometimes
      trying to "Target" him I get a reading of -4thousands of meters with
      out "Lock on" capabilities.

My Setting is "Easy" and while I enjoy a "Challenge" it seems to me that
      filling up the Sector with such an Armada makes this part very Hard.

I feel that I am missing something/Tactic to try.
      I do not think your solution of waiting for him to pass through a gate
      into another Sector still applies as he has to eject not long after I
      enter the Sector.

My last attempt will be to Deploy my Total Battle Group
      Consists of 5 Wings
      1 x Colossus - 5 x Leviathan - 1 x Castrum - 3 x Gladiator
      3 x Griffon - 1 x Ceberus & 1 Tiger plus a large number of
      mixed Races of Classes & Types of Fighters

If that fails; do I build a larger Battle Group?

<><><><><><><><><><><><>
      No matter what the cost - don't yield.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Fighter 77      £ 0.00

SOLVED

I simply outrun the Xenon in my Octopus Raider – M5 Speed 543 – around the
      edges of the sector.

Hope this tactic may help others.

<><><><><><><><><><><><>
      No matter what the cost - don't yield.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

da23      £ 0.00

Does anyone know which script to be copied from xtended 2.0 to start the second Mission of Enemy at the Gates?

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Ac3s      £ 0.00

Yeah I have the same problem with Extended 2.2, after the first mission ends (where I place a beacon so the boron fleet can jump in and they tell me to "get some rest and they will contact me later") nothing ever happens, second mission never starts, I even tried to do the mission once more from a previous save game but I got the same result.(FIXED, read posts below)

But its been like 2 years now since I played this game (and this mod) and since Extended never got past v2.2 in all this time I doubt anyone is still working on it

Though one thing I noticed is that the Kha'ak and Xenon stop sending invasion fleets and also stop conquering sectors (FIXED, read posts below) the moment you explore Extended Rift because this usually kickstarts the mission line, once this happens the game gets fundamentally broken as enemy invasion fleets never happen again.
      My guess is they put in a new script in 2.2 that stop these invasions to prevent the quest from getting broken from sectors getting under enemy control, and they probably intended to stop this script from running (and have invasions again) once this quest line was finished, but the quest is bugged and you cannot finish it no matter what you do, which leads to this script running forever and halting invasions indefinitely.

Quest don't work, and once quest starts game is broke...

For what its worth, does anyone know if I can copy some file or script from version 2.0 over into my game files to make this quest work again? I just want Xenon and Kha'ak to start attacking with invading fleets again!

Last edited by Ac3s; 24-11-2016 at 05:23 AM.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Ac3s      £ 0.00

Just an update on my last post, I made some progress in using the cheat script to make Xenon and Khaak send invasion fleets again, however I'm still not able to progress in the plot-line "Enemy at the gates" because its still stuck after the first mission.

Here is what I found out about the script so far:
      I'm having some success with the 'disable plot protection script' in making Khaak and Xenon behave like they did in 2.0, as in they are now starting to inhabit other sectors and sending some invasion fleets to attack the other races in their systems.

The 'cheat' script code in question is called "plugin.XTC.Cheat.ChangePlotProtection" and it came included with version 2.2, however you can only use this with the Script Editor which will only activate ingame if you rename yourself to "Thereshallbewings", then go to Advanced -> Global Commands -> Script Editor.
      Once that is done search in that list of scripts for the one I just mentioned and run it (you need to assign a hotkey for this 'run' command), then just select "null" and then disable it.
      HOWEVER, you will need to activate this script EVERY SINGLE TIME you load a save game because it only works for as long as you don't close the game or don't load any save-game.

So in short: plot protection is always active and this "cheat" is only a temporary fix which you will need to repeat over and over again, always.

Hopefully someone can make something that turns off plot protection for good though, just like it was in 2.0, because honestly I really wish this "plot protection" was an option that was integrated into the Xtended menu and not some script that needs to be re-activated all the time

Though I'm grateful I at least have something that now makes Khaak and Xenon badasses again, my game just got a while lot better and hopefully this info will be helpful to others, even though the forum seems completely dead.

EDIT: Okay, seems I have found another issue, once you load a save-game the 'plot protection' is active for a short time until I disable it manually by running this script, however in this short time Xenon and Khaak that are in any sectors that fell under this 'plot protection' are completely eliminated.
      So even if Khaak or Xenon conquered sectors in my past save-game, they still get wiped out once I load that save-game.

So now I'm trying to find a way to have this script run automatically every time I load a save-game and hopefully this will prevent the Xenon/Khaak from being wiped out, I made a reddit post asking for assistance so hopefully someone there can help me out with it, because I have no clue how to edit scripts myself:
      https://www.reddit.com/r/X3TC/commen...y_each_time_i/

Or if anyone else can come forward with a way to permanently disable this plot protection for good, well that would be a dream come true for me.

LAST AND FINAL EDIT:
      I found a way to permanently delete the entire 'plot protection' out of version 2.2, here is how you do it:
      -Enable the 'script editor' ingame by changing your name to "Thereshallbewings", a new command prompt will appear in Advanced->Global Commands->Script editor.
      -Open the Scrit Editor ingame and search for the folloing 4 scripts and delete them (DEL key):
      -plugin.XTC.Lib.PlotProtectedSectors.xml
      -plugin.XTC.Lib.PlotProtectCheck.xml
      -plugin.XTC.Lib.EnforcePlotProtect.xml
      -plugin.XTC.Cheat.ChangePlotProtection
      Now the 'plot protection' is gone for good, you can enjoy having Khaak/Xenon be active and send invasion fleets, though without this 'plot protection' they can take over sectors and possibly break certain mission plots.
      But I rather have an engaging game with real and active enemies as opposed to a boring game.

Last edited by Ac3s; 24-11-2016 at 05:25 AM.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Ac3s      £ 0.00

Okay so more good news, I found a fix for the 'Enemy at the Gates' mission plot for Xtended version 2.2, this plot was stuck after mission 1, basically nothing happened after you dropped the Jump Beacon and the Boron fleet jumps in to protect that Goner station, they tell you to take rest and they will contact you later, but this never happens and mission 2 never starts.
      Download link:
      https://www.dropbox.com/s/cd914whyip...0Plot.xml?dl=0
      Place this 'XTC Xenon Plot.xml' file inside your game 'director' folder, if you don't have that folder then create it (X3 Terran Conflict\director).
      Also important to note is that mission 2 only seems to start when I am inside the 'Serroco Prime' sector, so make sure you enter that sector if you want mission 2 to begin!

I remember how awesome this plot was back in Xtended version 2.0, however in 2.2 it was broken and I tried my best to make it work but it was stuck on several missions.
      In the end I completed all missions, but boy was it a roller-coaster ride, looking in the code for clues, changing tiny things in there as well and some good 'trial and error' methods in-game to see what worked and what didn't.

Stuck at Mission: Search Party
      At the end of mission 1 I found a strange thing, the code was saying to delete all remaining ships, station and jump beacon, which all seemed to be working as intended except that jump beacon never seemed to get deleted...
      So I removed that one tiny piece of code stating the jump beacon had to be deleted, and for good measures I also changed the time for mission 2 to begin to 0 seconds.(though it still takes a short while for mission 2 to begin regardless because mission 1 only ends after that battle is over)
      After I made these changes to the code along with making sure I was inside sector 'Serroco Prime' the problem is gone and mission 2 begins.

Stuck at Mission: Prophecy
      After I visit that "Boron Archeological station" and do that one little mission where the Argon Nova Raider(Winters) escapes and explodes some bomb on the station, well this mission ends just fine but the next mission in line never started.(I waited for over an hour in SETA)
      So again I lowered the time to kickstart the mission to 0 seconds in the code and for some reason this did the trick...don't ask me why that works, I have no clue, I'm just glad it does.
      (but just FYI, you need to jump away at least two sectors from the Ancient Settlement sector for the next mission to even begin, so don't just sit and wait there in front of the station after this mission ends)

Stuck at Mission: Winters Discontent
      Here I had another issue, once you find out where the Pirate base is (where Winters is hiding) in Xenon Sector 301 you get the task to clear all Xenon forces so two transport ships can jump in and dock with this Pirate base, however in my game only one transport was able to dock, the second was unable to dock and just kept going in tiny circles like an idiot and the mission plot was stuck.
      The only way I got around this was to reload a previous save, then wait until those two transports jumped into the sector after I cleared the Xenon forces, and then I immediately jumped out of the sector so that the two transports could dock OOS (out of sector) on the Pirate base without me being present in the same sector.
      Mission guidance went a bit crazy because it kept pointing towards a wrong sector after I went back to the Pirate base, but once I got closer to the Pirate base the plot line eventually went on...thank God.

So I hope this info will be helpful to others with the same issue.

-XTC Xenon Plot.xml was extracted from one of the .CAT files with the 'X3 Editor 2' program.
      -XTC Xenon Plot.xml was edited with the 'Notepad++ v6.9.2' program.

(I don't guarantee this mission plot will work for you, but this was my own personal experience and my own solutions I did to eventually complete the entire plot, if you encounter other issues you might need to find some of your own solutions to it.)

Last edited by Ac3s; 09-12-2016 at 08:59 PM.