Thread: XTC Statistics Spreadsheets

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Crellion22      £ 0.00
      Main InfoStatus and ThingsPoints and CreditsOther

I am sorry you had to go through all this to be honest, even though I am enjoying the results...

I dont think its likely I will be messing with the files my programming knowledge is 0. Please refer to my last sentence from previous reply

Edit: Just because I am obnoxious like that I must that in a dreamworld where you had unlimited recources to throw on this project you would end up with different racial stats. You dont have to group them. You can just make some craft **** like Paranid M5, Teladi M4, Argon M3, Terran M8, Yaki M6, Boron M7, Split M7M, Khaak M1, Xenon M2, rinse repear... I can think of no player that has access to less than three races at any time other than pirate starts for which they can use all commonwealth or best commonwealth weapons... there fixed Since you did most clearly not have unlimited recources I am very greatful for what you managed to do in the end.

Last edited by Crellion22; 22-01-2013 at 03:44 PM.

Spammy the (spacefl)Eye in the sky... stemardue's Avatar
      Credits
      is watching you! ῼ

I am:
      Cool

Total Contributions For

stemardue Points for Social Group Discussions      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

Thanks Crellion - as a final personal note by me: i re-read my previous post and found it easy to be interpreted as a rant. I want you to know that it was not my intention to rant against your posts, and my last sentence was a general consideration, not aimed at anyone specifically

♪♫♫♪♪
      Here is XTC 2.0 FAQ. <<<--- Go read it!
      See my XTM gameplay tips here
      Do the X-Hop!
      Relax and dance to the Deep X
      I don't know well what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it well.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Eff.Kay      £ 0.00

Quote Originally Posted by SNav View Post
      By the way... making all weapons completely similar inside their groups was a bad idea. I just lost a huge part of interest in this game, when I saw this.
      No actually I respectively disagree with this comment for two reasons.

1. It's more realistic to have it this way. It's not called an "arms race" for nothing: All the factions are researching in order to find comparable or at least equivalent weapons to that used by the enemy and furthermore studying the enemy's weapons in order to develop defences against them.
      The result of an arm-race is a stalemate of factions all armed to the teeth with weapons which may be different but have a very similar and equivalent effect.

2. It's fairer to the player this way. Or put another way, although there would be no inherent advantage to using any specific race, there would also be no inherent disadvantage to it either.
      This way the player is more free to "role-play" or "immerse" themselves and not rigidly locked to a specific race for their preferred style of playing X-Tended.
      One COULD play a Teladi mercenary or a terran pirate or a Split Trader if you wanted it to be a challenge and not just bluntly impossible.

TXU Jr. Member shameless creature's Avatar
      Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

shameless creature      £ 0.00

Quote Originally Posted by K.J. View Post
      The sheet is not wrong. They use energy, less then normal energy weapons however. But their ammo is cheap (compared to Mass drivers).
      In XTC 2.0, they don't use any energy according to the encyclopedia (the same applies to all ammo-based weapons except of Mass Drivers).

However, according to the spreadsheet, they're going to use the same amount of energy as the purely energy-based weapons of their class in the next version. Not less (give and take 5%), though, so it looks like ammo-based weapons will have no advantage over energy-based ones, but you'll still have to carry ammo around with you to run them?

Last edited by shameless creature; 11-02-2013 at 01:07 PM.

Credits
      is without status

I am:
      Hungry

Total Contributions For

K.J.      £ 0.00

Compare the Argon Power M2 Cannon with the Teladi Power M2 Cannon... It uses less energy. As does Split. Not by a huge margin. But that's why ammo is cheap and isn't required in insane amounts of quantities (read the Ammunition table at the bottom).

Massdriver (normal and Heavy) are an exception and require more energy because they are special weapons with a specific bonus.
      Edit: You should also have seen that Ammo weapons require less cargo then energy variants. So this already compromises some of the ammo cargo requirements. A combat load for a M2 would be 20 crates, which is 140 cargounits. With that you can kill 15 military shielded M2.

Last edited by K.J.; 11-02-2013 at 01:18 PM.

TXU Jr. Member shameless creature's Avatar
      Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

shameless creature      £ 0.00

Right, I was mostly looking at the energy efficiency column in the spreadsheet (to factor in slight differences in damage output), which is the same for all weapons within each class, but appears to be inaccurate. So in fact, energy-based weapons will have about 5% less energy consumption for a given damage.

TXU Sr. Member Heteran Leticron's Avatar
      Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Heteran Leticron      £ 0.00

Hello, im right now trying to gain a deeper understanding of how shield recharging works. I regret the attempt, its crazzy complex and pretty much rediculous.
      According to your table of shield powers, "Shield Regen Rate = Ship Powergenerator * Shield Efficiency", is that ment serious or more as a joke? as i expect the code which is responsible for the recharging of shields is hard coded, the mod didnt change anything of that, thus vanilla rules apply.
      Before i try to put in words what i think i understood so far, does a xtc-member/-guru mind explaining it himself?

Credits
      is without status

I am:
      Hungry

Total Contributions For

K.J.      £ 0.00

Shields have a drain value. This represents the maximum power (reload) one shield can draw from the generator. Multiple shields power drain adds up. If the shield powerdrain is larger then your ships generator output, then every bit of output is used. If the powerdrain is lower then your generator, a part of your theoretical possible generator output is wasted / not used.

in XTC all shields have very high powerdrain, so that the shipgenerator will always be used at 100% (unless you install 1MJ shields on an M6 or something like that, or less then maximum shield amount) In Vanilla that's not the case and most of the time a higher generator has no benefit at all. The formula is not a joke. With the new settings it's that simple

Don't know what happens if you use a mix of shields, there could be a priority for first slot, followed by second etc, but i don't know how that works. The formula applies only if you use the same shieldtype in all slots.

Last edited by K.J.; 13-02-2013 at 01:53 AM.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Crellion22      £ 0.00

Quote Originally Posted by K.J. View Post
      Shields have a drain value. This represents the maximum power (reload) one shield can draw from the generator. Multiple shields power drain adds up. If the shield powerdrain is larger then your ships generator output, then every bit of output is used. If the powerdrain is lower then your generator, a part of your theoretical possible generator output is wasted / not used.

in XTC all shields have very high powerdrain, so that the shipgenerator will always be used at 100% (unless you install 1MJ shields on an M6 or something like that, or less then maximum shield amount) In Vanilla that's not the case and most of the time a higher generator has no benefit at all. The formula is not a joke. With the new settings it's that simple

Don't know what happens if you use a mix of shields, there could be a priority for first slot, followed by second etc, but i don't know how that works. The formula applies only if you use the same shieldtype in all slots.
      This seems to indicate that Flux shields are useless and hard shields are ace. However game usage seems to indicate otherwise. if shipgen will be used 100% always by a set of Hard shields what then is the niche advantage of Flux shields? I d hate to think that the only advantage of Colossal Military Flux Shields is that when they drop from npcs you sell them for more than 3 mill apiece...

Moderator Support King of the World's Avatar
      Credits
      is a quality planner <3

I am:
      Happy

Total Contributions For

King of the World      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

How about ...

In offensive gameplay you are sitting in a M3/ M6/ M7 or higher with Flux shields installed allows you to intervene directly in a combat. Your shields will recharge two times faster than normal shields. If you have a defensive gameplay you can choose the hard or barrier shields. With a surplus of capacity (hard) you can stay longer under fire and probably saving ships etc. or collecting loot. The Flux shields aren't so senseless. If I have enough Mil. Hard shields I would equip my freighters with them too. And the Kha'ak are offensive. So no wondering that they use the Flux shield variant.