Hungry

Total Contributions For

K.J.      £ 0.00
      Main InfoStatus and ThingsPoints and CreditsOther

Default XTC Statistics Spreadsheets

XTC Statistics Spreadsheets
      Download the combined file for V2.1 here

Ships

All ships where rebalanced compared to 1.2 and vanilla. If you would like to read about what effects/changes this brings, you can read that here. We suggest to try every ship that you can get your hands on yourself, because it is not unlikely that will perform a bit different then you are used from vanilla X3:TC, or XTC 1.2 Many 'useless' ships where improved.

Shields
      Basic shields have the following capacity
      Tiny - 1MJ
      Small S 5MJ
      Medium M 25MJ
      Large L 125MJ
      Extra Large XL 500MJ
      Colossal XXL 1500MJ
      All shields from Tiny to Colossal have several distinct varieties which affect their performance and price. Standard shields (those with no special designation) offer the baseline performance. Other variations are based on the standard models of the appropriate levels. Flux shields recharge more quickly, Hard shields have higher capacity, and Barrier shields are slightly better in both areas than a standard shield. You can always find out what any shield's capabilities are by simply examining it or reading its Encyclopedia entry in the game (under Personal -> Advanced -> Encyclopedia -> Shields).

If your ship description says it is able to mount a "Large Emitter" you can install every shield type of the "Large" class, and also of every smaller class (Medium, Small and Tiny).

Missiles

Weapons
      taken from the Laser section of the 2.0 manual:
      Weapons are categorized as either Standard or Power weapons. A Standard weapon can be mounted by all commonwealth races' ships. An example would be the Photon Pulse Cannon (PPC) or High Energy Plasma Thrower (HEPT). Power weapons, on the other hand, are unique to each race. Only the ships manufactured by a certain race can mount that race's Power weapons. Power weapons, as the name suggests, have a higher damage output than standard weapons of the same class. There are, however, a few drawbacks to using them. Compared to Standard weapons, Power weapons generally have shorter range, a lower rate of fire, and slower projectiles. Furthermore, they are less energy efficient, more expensive, and require more cargo space. The different racial Power weapons in one class are comparable in performance, with only slight variations.

Terrans don't follow this trend, as they have only one set of weapons. Their performance lies somewhere between the Commonwealth's Standard and Power categories, achieving a balance between the two.

Usage of the spreadsheets
      The spreadsheets define the as-is state (except for blatant errors^^). If you discover a major disparity with the stats ingame, you can open a bug report in the XTC Technical Support Forum Section. Note that the game rounds certain values, so the values won't match 100,0000% all the time.

If you want to help improve the spreadsheet (e.g. search/compare functions or making it easier to read), you can modify it and we'll upload it here. You'll get credits for that of course.

You can use this thread for questions/discussions about the spreadsheets and the stats.

Last edited by K.J.; 14-07-2013 at 05:26 PM.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Awesome

Total Contributions For

SNav      £ 0.00

Teladi Bolt AC and Split SC shown as energy consuming, it's wrong.

By the way... making all weapons completely similar inside their groups was a bad idea. I just lost a huge part of interest in this game, when I saw this.

Last edited by SNav; 15-01-2013 at 12:42 PM.

Credits
      is without status

I am:
      Hungry

Total Contributions For

K.J.      £ 0.00

The sheet is not wrong. They use energy, less then normal energy weapons however. But their ammo is cheap (compared to Mass drivers).

"Power weapons are unique to each race, but they are very similar if you compare them against each other. This was done because there is no choice in which weapon to pick from the big list, as a ship can only mount the standard weapon plus the power weapon belonging to the race. If you want another power weapon you would have to switch ships, which already have their unique traits. " etc

Ships now available in the combined chart (ships+laser+shields). Note that it already contains a hand full of bugfixes for the upcoming patch.

Last edited by 2Blackhawk; 15-01-2013 at 10:03 PM.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Awesome

Total Contributions For

SNav      £ 0.00

Spreadsheet (ingame) info for hangar on M7 dronefrigates are:
      Griffon 24 (24)
      Guppy 26 (30)
      Ariadne 24 (32)
      Panther 30 (34)
      Cormorant 34 (38 )
      Macana 28 (32)

Who is right?

Credits
      is without status

I am:
      Hungry

Total Contributions For

K.J.      £ 0.00

Note that it already contains a hand full of bugfixes for the upcoming patch.
      it will be like that in the upcoming patch, didn't seem usefull to make a spreadsheet that will be outdated in a couple of days

Last edited by K.J.; 17-01-2013 at 12:12 PM.

Spammy the (spacefl)Eye in the sky... stemardue's Avatar
      Credits
      is watching you! ῼ

I am:
      Cool

Total Contributions For

stemardue Points for Social Group Discussions      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

OK let's get back to constructive discussion. @SNav - KJ is the developer who effectively wrote those specs, so he knows what he is talking about. Please try to keep a less 'challenging' stance, there is no need to get bully, ok?

♪♫♫♪♪
      Here is XTC 2.0 FAQ. <<<--- Go read it!
      See my XTM gameplay tips here
      Do the X-Hop!
      Relax and dance to the Deep X
      I don't know well what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it well.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Crellion22      £ 0.00

KJ you know I lurv you - you must by now- but I kinda think that could have, might have, maybee should have kept some racial differences.

They could have been balanced in different departments. Like one race gets M4 weapons with more oomph making them good drones for larger craft killing whereas an other race's M4 weapons have less dps but faster bullets making them more useful for M4 v M4/M5 combat. A third race could have M4s that are inrerior both in dps and speed but with 2x the range thus making them better for anti fighter work on M7s or for attcking M7s and staying out of alpha flak range. The fourth race could have ammo / cap free M4 weapons. The khaak have frigging beams and the terran could have heavy damage projectiles with very slow rof forcing you to pick your shots wisely...

Anyway I realise this would be TOO MUCH given everything else that has changed in this mod but in the far far away future I d love the chance to work with you guys towards devising a system like this... perhaps as an optional add on...

Spammy the (spacefl)Eye in the sky... stemardue's Avatar
      Credits
      is watching you! ῼ

I am:
      Cool

Total Contributions For

stemardue Points for Social Group Discussions      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Crellion22 View Post
      They could have been balanced in different departments.
      What you say makes sense and was our initial goal. Then, during the loooooong time of developing and testing, we observed that there were more drawbacks than advantages in having big differences in weapons stats (big differences are the only differences that could be really noticed in gameplay by players... not so big differences are not noticeable in the casual dogfight or in a standard mission or battle, but the results are visible statistically in repeated similar battles...).
      So, big differences would have made some weapons really useless for the AI, other weapons to cause massive lag and FPS drop (and not because of graphical issues, but for the enormous number of bullets that the CPU would have to track during combat), others simply become 'TeH roxxorz pwn weponz" that everyone want.

We don't think we made the best weapons system in absolute, and every player would probably like something different... We <<know>> we made our best to ensure a wide array of possibilities that maintain high the interest of players and offer different choices of actions, while ensuring that also the poor AI keep some chances of representing a challenge for most players (without needing to 'cheat' in terms of AI ships specs).

There is one thing that few think about: in X-games the player and the AI have the same arsenal and same ships. In all other games that i know, when you fight agains AI, the AI is bigger, stronger and badder, and that's the only way most developers use to challenge the player. In X-games, moreover, you have another advantage: you can strafe to avoid shots! AI cannot strafe. And these are limitations of the hardcoded core that we could not change...

So, whenever players find it 'not optimal' what is in game, it would be nice that they give us as a benefit of doubt the consideration "maybe this is all the best they could do", instead of going straight to "i could have done better"

♪♫♫♪♪
      Here is XTC 2.0 FAQ. <<<--- Go read it!
      See my XTM gameplay tips here
      Do the X-Hop!
      Relax and dance to the Deep X
      I don't know well what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it well.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Crellion22      £ 0.00

I definately do not believe I would have or could have done it better. I think if anyone can do it better (if this is possible) then it is definately the same team. However if you ever decide you want to try this I put my self up as a person who would like to help. I have spent years in EvE working at the balance of things and my view is that 1% here and 3% there does make a noticeable difference if you know your equipment and enemy equipment real well.

I thought perhaps you considered that there was a theoretical way to get balance and diversity but decided it would delay things for a couple of years so not really worth it. I did not realise you did go for it and in the long run found there was no way for it to work in which case appologies.

Credits
      is without status

I am:
      Hungry

Total Contributions For

K.J.      £ 0.00

They could have been balanced in different departments. Like one race gets M4 weapons with more oomph making them good drones for larger craft killing whereas an other race's M4 weapons have less dps but faster bullets making them more useful for M4 v M4/M5 combat.
      The only chance here for making better diversity without penalizing a certain race too much is to group racial weapons together in a logical manner. For example Argon and Boron, or Paranid and Split, Teladi and (?) Pirates. Terran and (???) Xenon... very questionable.
      Adding even more weapons was out of question, there are not enough factories ingame to produce all the lasers. Even now there are only 2 factories per race lasers in the entire universe at maximum. And then you have to test everything if it is fair. Because much dps on paper doesn't mean much ingame if all of those bullets miss. Giving +5% speed doesn't give you +5% accuracy etc. Testing is the most timeconsuming and hardest thing. I basically worked for 2.5 weeks almost full time on this balance set, during my vacation. Sometimes 12h a day. I won't do that ever again. If you like to get into this, lasersettings are very easy to tweak with X3Editor2 from doubleshadow. You can start your own balance mod if you like and upload it to the User mods section here on TXU. There is always room for improvement, but we already worked several years on this mod and at some point you just burn out and lose the will to go on.