Credits
      is without status

I am:
      Hungry

Total Contributions For

K.J.      £ 0.00
      Main InfoStatus and ThingsPoints and CreditsOther

Quote Originally Posted by Crellion22 View Post
      This seems to indicate that Flux shields are useless and hard shields are ace. However game usage seems to indicate otherwise. if shipgen will be used 100% always by a set of Hard shields what then is the niche advantage of Flux shields? I d hate to think that the only advantage of Colossal Military Flux Shields is that when they drop from npcs you sell them for more than 3 mill apiece...
      they use the same power but they don't have the same efficiency... it's in the formula, matey.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Crellion22      £ 0.00
      Main InfoStatus and ThingsPoints and CreditsOther

Quote Originally Posted by K.J. View Post
      they use the same power but they don't have the same efficiency... it's in the formula, matey.
      ok thats helpful, where can I have a look at this formula? (sorry if super lazy)

Edit: Never mind, I ... ahem ... found it...
      That leaves the interesting question: what if I use enough Flux shields to use the shield gen and then use Hard shoelds for the rest? Practice again indicates this doesnt pay off but give us the scientific haxsplaining plix

Quote Originally Posted by King of the World View Post
      How about ...

In offensive gameplay you are sitting in a M3/ M6/ M7 or higher with Flux shields installed allows you to intervene directly in a combat. Your shields will recharge two times faster than normal shields. If you have a defensive gameplay you can choose the hard or barrier shields. With a surplus of capacity (hard) you can stay longer under fire and probably saving ships etc. or collecting loot. The Flux shields aren't so senseless. If I have enough Mil. Hard shields I would equip my freighters with them too. And the Kha'ak are offensive. So no wondering that they use the Flux shield variant.
      10 ponts for effort though answering a different point

Last edited by stemardue; 13-02-2013 at 10:38 PM. Reason: double posts - use edit function.