• Happy
  • Hungry
  • Sad
  • Shy
  • Tired
  • User Tag List

Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Paranid Plot 'Divine Retribution' SPOILERS (Work in Progress)

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

phongvm90      £ 0.00
      Main InfoStatus and ThingsPoints and CreditsOther

Quote Originally Posted by phongvm90 View Post
      Part 5 spoiler: Diplomatic Solutions
      spoiler: You will be contacted by Tome in a new ship (he will jump to wherever you are and you will have to notice his ship with a book (indicate plot mission) notification by yourself. You then will be asked to fly to sector Mambaris and then follow him to sector 611. After that, he will ask you to take care of the Argon follower which will jump around a bit before you can kill him. Follow the assault will be a message from High Priest's private pilot, which tell you to rescue him from the argon secret service ships in sector Aldrin (hope I remember it right). Kill those suckers then the plot will process to another conversation (find out by yourself).
      After a while, Tom will contact you and you will head to the Gonner station in Bean to talk to his colleagues, only to find out that you will be lead to the hardest mission in the game (you will know why). Fly or jump to sector Sirius III, the entire sector will be hostile to you and you will have to follow an indicated ship (the trick for it and its followers not to attack you is to remain about 3-5km near to him, not further or closer). If your fail, you will start a fight and the mission will reset, Tome will jump to wherever you are again and asked you to fly to Mambaris. He will lead the way to a station where you will talk to an Asian Senator. The result of that talk will lead to the finding of the High Priest's best friend.

Part 6 spoiler: When Diplomacy Fails...
      spoiler: Return to Holy Pathway to talk to the High Priest's personal pilot, who is still scared for his creepy experience with the Argon agents. After a while, you will be told to meet a pirate leader (whose name will break your tongue) in a paramid sector. He will then put up a plan where you will kidnap the asian Senator. After some minutes of SETA he will find out there are 3 Argon Phantoms that may contain our beloved Senator. Your task is to pilot a spy drone near to those ships to scan and determine which ship has the Senator. You will have to do it 3 times eventually. When the location of the Senator is clear, the pirate will organize an attack and force her to bail out. Pick her up, do whatever your sexual desire want to do with her, then dock your ship at Vow of Allegiance's pirate base. The pirate will then contact the Argon. You will have to wait several minutes of SETA again. This time, you will pick up the Senator at that pirate base and move to Collin. Please dont panic when the Argon ships are hostile to you. Get near enough and they will jump, leaving our High Priest floating in space. Pick him up and move to Holy Pathway. Then wait.

Part 7 spoiler: Counterpoint
      spoiler: This time you will be contacted by an Argon Fleet Admiral who've just came to the Expansion Universe. Talk to him and then take his words to the High Priest. He will take some time to organize a fleet in Sector 611 and wait for our Senator. The he will contact you again to send his words to the Argon Fleet Admiral. After done talking with the Fleet Admiral, move your self to sector 611 and move close to the paramid's capital ships. Our Senator will bring her own fleet to confront the High Priest. The Argon Fleet Admiral will come in and attack both sides (dont know why). This battle is big and it is your chance to increase your fight skill..or not, your choice. In the end, the senator will try to run away in a small m3 ship that will be destroyed by you. Pick the bailed out Senator and do whatever you want to her (this will be your last time with her, I'm afraid) then send her to the Argon Fleet. After this, the High Priest will promise to contact you after he reach back to Holy Pathway.
      In my game, I've never heard from him again... (may be it is up to some one who is lucky enough to complete this plot without any bug)
      Part 8 spoiler:
      Okay, I figured out the reason why the mission stuck after the battle in Sector 611. The High Priest Ship moved to Mambaris and stop right there waiting for a miracle I guess. I decided to use Cheat to warp him to sector Holy Pathway. And surprisingly, the plot continued after several minute of SETA. Below is the last piece of the plot and the reward:

Part 8: Final Reckoning:
      spoiler: You will be asked to talk to the High Priest in Holy Pathway. BOOM, he asked you to do nothing, absolutely nothing. And he will give you the Blueprint of the Paramid Olympus! So that is our final prize huh.

The plot ends here. Below is my advises for people who is dealing with the bugs:
      1- If your plot seem to stuck at one point, make sure that sector 611, sector 1716 and 1718 remain unknown. In case Xenon or Khaak took them, you will have 2 options:
      a. If you are running XTC 2.0, clear the sectors and they will be unknown again.
      b. If you are running XTC 2.1, just save and exit game, upon the next time you load you save, the Xenon and Khaak will be automatically wiped out and the sectors remain unknown.
      => The plot will resume after several minutes of SETA.
      2- If the entire sector or race is hostile to you in the negotiation mission, dont worry. Turn off your turret, check if you are setting enemy to the race or not. IF yes then set them to friend. If they still remain hostile, just fly in a tank ship and dont fire at them. Your mission will eventually end successfully.
      3- If the High Priest decided to rest forever at some place instead of flying home after the battle in sector 611, you must use Cheat Package to warp him to Holy Path way to end your mission.

Hope this help

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Dillpickle      £ 0.00

Quote Originally Posted by phongvm90 View Post
      Okay, I figured out the reason why the mission stuck after the battle in Sector 611. The High Priest Ship moved to Mambaris and stop right there waiting for a miracle I guess. I decided to use Cheat to warp him to sector Holy Pathway. And surprisingly, the plot continued after several minute of SETA.
      The mission wasn't stuck, it was just waiting for you to be a couple of sectors away from the High Priests ship, so it could clean up that part of the mission before continuing...

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

phongvm90      £ 0.00

Quote Originally Posted by Dillpickle View Post
      The mission wasn't stuck, it was just waiting for you to be a couple of sectors away from the High Priests ship, so it could clean up that part of the mission before continuing...
      That explains it. I was just sitting in 611 all the time. Thank a lot Dillpickle.

Credits
      is XBTF Vet :O

I am:
      Tired

Total Contributions For

ace_killer      £ 0.00

I seem to be getting a niggle where Tome keeps messaging me with the mission start.... il be mid way through chasing the spy and then he will hail me and tell me to go back to Mambaris and start over again :S

anyone else seen this behavior?

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Sorry for the necro, but this looks like the best place to ask this. I'm also stuck between steps 3 and 4, with the same status mentioned by insolent1.

Quote Originally Posted by insolent1 View Post
      spoiler: Sometime after completing that mission a medusa raider with the name "The Holy Light" is docked at the trading station in Holy Pathway, Tomes is the pilot so I assume its when this appears that the plot continues but theres some issues with it
      Has anyone figured out how to fix this? Is it a broken plot at this point, or do I really need to wait even longer? Its been a LONG time waiting so far. Alternately, if anyone knows how to run the script editor to trigger the next step in the mission, that would help too.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Makkenhoff      £ 0.00

It was marked fixed, because no one replied that it wasn't fixed after the 2.2 patch - I am also stuck at that point, and it is being looked into. But save games were asked for here http://www.thexuniverse.com/threads/23953-X-Tended-Terran-Conflict...

Last edited by Makkenhoff; 29-09-2013 at 06:29 PM. Reason: still waking up

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

insolent1      £ 10.00

Finished this plot last night it was very good.
      spoiler: When I had to pick up the Goner diplomat to go to Sirius 3, my Goner rep only reset a small amount I went from -4.55 to -4.85, I tried a few reloads but the result was similar. I reset the rep and the plot continued without problems.
      The distraction during the kidnapping was excellent, must have been one of Freedom's Reachs finest

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

keo      £ 0.00

In this post there is the fix for this plot: http://www.thexuniverse.com/threads/...ix-2-2a)/page4
      i was stucked here long time and it worked
      almost finished today

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Starman      £ 0.00

Can someone give me a little help please...

I'm at part 5, diplomatic solutions, where I have to follow that Argon Eclipse and kill him... He is finally jumping to sonora and then getting red.... Great.... I'm at highest terran level, and all sectors are already crawling with my transports because I have a rather big trade network...

When I kill the Eclipse, I loose 10% of my rank (ok, not a big deal after all), but also a f.... M2 or M1 in the Sector Sonora and a few fighters get red also because I killed one of them, and now they start attacking my transports.... WTF... Can I prevent this somehow ?

Thanks for helping

Credits
      is Quite Bonkers

I am:
      Crazy

Total Contributions For

ytene      £ 475.00

Default Quick Expansion on Part 5, Diplomatic Solutions:-

For anyone else who is still enjoying this game...

spoiler: When I jumped into Sirius III (the portion of the plot where all Argon vessels in that sector are hostile), I followed the advice of earlier contributors and followed the marked vessel. In my case this was a Cerberus Heavy, although I suspect that it could be different ships for different gaming sessions. The Cerberus sets off and makes a more-or-less straight course heading south. You will go past [south of] the South Gate in Sirius III, eventually locating the OTAS Shipyard and an OTAS Station in this sector. Once you draw close enough you will be asked to dock with the OTAS Station.

Here, you will be required to speak with Argon Senator Chianna Silsarne, who will continue with the explanation about the captured Paranid, thus bringing us back into the previously mentioned plot line.

So for anyone interested in following this section through, it is possible to survive what can be a tricky step in the process. The advice about staying "the right distance" from your lead ship is crucial. I took the advice and basically kept my range between 2km and 4km and found this worked without problems. The only issue for me was that I was unable to engage SETA for the whole duration of the flight, which does take a good 20-30 minutes to complete - and which will require your complete attention to maintain the right separation and to follow the slightly meandering lead craft.

I did manage to screw this up once before I was successful - although in my case I restored from an earlier save since I have a massive factory setup in Sirius III, and the Argon vessels in this sector attacked my factories the moment I let my range slip over 5km from the lead vessel... That caused so much damage I had no choice but to roll back and re-start...

Hope this helps!