So, the guidance notes for this step of the plot read as follows:-

Part 6 spoiler: When Diplomacy Fails...
spoiler: Return to Holy Pathway to talk to the High Priest's personal pilot, who is still scared for his creepy experience with the Argon agents. After a while, you will be told to meet a pirate leader (whose name will break your tongue) in a paramid sector. He will then put up a plan where you will kidnap the asian Senator. After some minutes of SETA he will find out there are 3 Argon Phantoms that may contain our beloved Senator. Your task is to pilot a spy drone near to those ships to scan and determine which ship has the Senator. You will have to do it 3 times eventually. When the location of the Senator is clear, the pirate will organize an attack and force her to bail out. Pick her up, do whatever your sexual desire want to do with her, then dock your ship at Vow of Allegiance's pirate base. The pirate will then contact the Argon. You will have to wait several minutes of SETA again. This time, you will pick up the Senator at that pirate base and move to Collin. Please dont panic when the Argon ships are hostile to you. Get near enough and they will jump, leaving our High Priest floating in space. Pick him up and move to Holy Pathway. Then wait.

This step of the process "sorta" worked for me, in that,
spoiler: I found my way to the pirate leader, had the conversation, and was given instructions to go looking for the 3 Argon shuttles in three specific sectors: Melopomenia, Entry Point and Aldrin. I have visited each of the three sectors and I have located the three shuttles, but I have hit two problems.

Firstly, when I have attempted to scan the shuttles, I have ended up with the trashing of my reputation for the race assigned as the "owner" of that sector... To be honest... at this point I am not hugely bothered by this... There seems to be a requirement to only scan the specific ship - if you allow the drone to "scan everything" then you get the above result. However, if you do get this result and want to recover, you can use Cycrows Cheat Package to simply restore your reputation...

The second and currently insurmountable problem is that after successfully scanning all three shuttles, nothing happens. I've seen scan result messages showing me that the shuttles contain things like "furry dice", but I don't see anything happen after the last scan. I am not sure if this is because of a bug with the script or because I am doing something wrong.

I appreciate that it is unlikely we have the original script authors still reading this thread, but I'd be grateful if anyone can give me any advice. At this stage there are a couple of things I'd be willing to try:-

1. Disable the plot script so that I don't have the little "attention" arrows telling me that I need to fly somewhere in particular...
2. Skip to the next step in the plot so that I can continue it...
3. Skip all the way to the end of the plot so that it finishes safely.

Having read through the plot, I think I'm pretty close to the end and would just like to recover my game to a point where I can continue without this plot intruding all the time.

Any suggestions on how I might be able to do this would be very gratefully received.

Thank you...