This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Milkshakefiend      £ 0.00
      Main InfoStatus and ThingsPoints and CreditsOther

Default Bug in 'Enemy At The Gates' [SPOILER]

Hi all,

First off, congratz on the great mod, I appreciate the effort put into it.

I've encountered an annoying bug in 'Enemy At The Gates - Behind Enemy Lines'. The mission proceeds fine every time until I get to spoiler: Serroco Prime, where upon my boron friend starts singing. (Queen..?) The first time I did the mission I flew around for a bit, until i noticed there was a quest marker near my guide. The mission proceeded as directed until I accidentally got myself blown up. Every time I retry the mission now, I get to the part in spoiler: Serroco Prime with the singing, but no quest marker is added to the ship - ever. I stayed in SETA for an hour to make sure. This bug occurs every time I retry the mission. EDIT: When I do try to comm him, I get the standard 'Where's the shipyard/nearest takeaway/surrender' options.

I am running XTC with no other mods/scripts. I used a clean installed of X3:TC, which was patched to latest version prior to installing XTC.

Last edited by Milkshakefiend; 26-03-2013 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Addition

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Askar      £ 0.00

I've got another bug with this same mission. For whatever reason, the mission never appears in the Mission Logbook, no matter how many times I reload before I received it and try again. But that's not the worst part. I'm unable to progress in this mission, because spoiler: when the guy you're supposed to follow leaves the wreckage of the KE Tidehunter and approaches the West gate in the sector, he just sits there. He never moves, and I've waited up to three in-game days for this. I've restarted the mission about two dozen times trying to figure out what's wrong. All of the "Unknown" sectors except 1716, 1718, and the Xenon core & border sectors are empty as they should be. I've tried going through the gate alone, leaving the sector and coming back a few game-days later, and even luring pirates to the sector to attack the guy you're supposed to follow!

Please help me! I was really looking forward to this plot when it popped up in my messages, but it's currently impossible for me to do. How do I fix this?

Edit: This issue seems to have resolved itself. I waited extra long before beginning the mission this time, and this time around the spoiler: Xenon already owned the sector where the Tidehunter is. This supposedly breaks the plot according to another post, but it seems to have actually fixed it for me. I'm not beyond that step, and working on the rest of the plot now. I'll make a new post if any new issues arise!

Last edited by Askar; 04-05-2013 at 09:51 PM.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Loriel      £ 0.00

Quote Originally Posted by Askar View Post
      For whatever reason, the mission never appears in the Mission Logbook, no matter how many times I reload before I received it and try again.
      I think that you will find most missions don't appear there - the only one I have seen there is the Argon/Leviathan one.

Loriel

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Dillpickle      £ 0.00

Quote Originally Posted by Milkshakefiend View Post
      I get to the part in Serroco Prime with the singing, but no quest marker is added to the ship
      If you're getting the singing, then there is no reason for the conversation not to show up as the singing and conversation are created at the same time, unless you have something overwriting th conversations file.
      Failing this, you shouldn't get the singing or conversation unless you are both in Serocco Prime, and you are flying an M5.

when the guy you're supposed to follow leaves the wreckage of the KE Tidehunter and approaches the West gate in the sector, he just sits there. He never moves
      He won't until you get within 6km of the Tidejumper, you will then a message pop up, after which he will fly to the gate. All the ships in the search group are set to move to the gate, and it only needs one of these to get in range for the mission to continue.

For whatever reason, the mission never appears in the Mission Logbook, no matter how many times I reload before I received it and try again.
      You won't. The mission log book involves writing a lot of new text, then entering and formatting it in a text file, spell checking, and finally a lot of extra code written for the mission to use it, which takes an awful lot of time.
      You could have either had one or two extra missions with te mission logbook. or four without it... (This one wouldn't hve been written if I bothered with the logbook...)

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Askar      £ 0.00

Quote Originally Posted by Dillpickle View Post
      He won't until you get within 6km of the Tidejumper, you will then a message pop up, after which he will fly to the gate. All the ships in the search group are set to move to the gate, and it only needs one of these to get in range for the mission to continue.
      You misunderstand me. The bug was that the other ships wouldn't move with the flight leader. The leader alone would fly to the gate and sit there forever, while the rest of the group sat at the wreckage. It didn't matter how close I got to the wreckage, this kept happening until I tried the entire mission again a day later or so. It's fixed now, but the bug was that none of the ships except the leader would move, and the cinematic wouldn't play.

I was unaware of how the Logbook worked, so I suppose that's not a bug after all. The only one I've had appear in it was the Leviathan plot, which was also the first one I did so it made me think that all of the plot missions were supposed to go there. I'm glad my game isn't bugged though, it was really bothering me!

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

da23      £ 0.00

After the first mission Enemy At The Gates - Behind Enemy Lines does never start during my plot. Is is correct that the Xenon destroy the freeport station after the first mission or should I protect it? All unknown sectors are not taken by the xenon and I am using V.2.2-r of the xtended mod.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Ac3s      £ 0.00

Yes the station is supposed to blow up, its coded that way.
      And yes the plot is stuck after mission 1, mission 2 never starts (for Xtended v2.2 at least), but I believe I found a fix for that, read my posts here:
      http://www.thexuniverse.com/threads/...spoilers/page8

Last edited by Ac3s; 25-11-2016 at 01:03 PM.