• Happy
  • Hungry
  • Sad
  • Shy
  • Tired
  • User Tag List

Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: X-Tended - Terran Conflict Patch 2.2 (hotfix 2.2a)

Credits
      is without status

I am:
      Hungry

Total Contributions For

K.J.      £ 0.00
      Main InfoStatus and ThingsPoints and CreditsOther

Hotfix for pirate and yaki as attachment in the first post
      i can't promise that the change will work in a saved game. Disable Pirate AL, save&load, enable it, change difficulty settings.
      Remember that always if you start a new game, you have to save and reload once - only after that all scripts start to work correctly (this applies to all versions of XTC)

Last edited by K.J.; 16-09-2013 at 08:57 PM.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Makkenhoff      £ 0.00

Quote Originally Posted by Dillpickle View Post
      You'll need to upload it to a file hosting site, such as Mega or Mediafire, then post the link to it here.
      https://hotfile.com/dl/245961885/98d042b/X10.sav.html

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Pierre70      £ 0.00

I've applied the hotfix to TC 2.2, and the pirates are back! They're even building lasertowers on my existing save! Thanks K.J.! On a completely unrelated issue, I'm having real trouble docking with the Military Outpost in Entry Point. I don't think I attempted this in previous versions of the mod, and I'm not sure about other sectors and bases, but in Entry Point any attempt to dock with the Military Outpost causes the ship (I've tried a TM and an M5) to reduce to half speed and head in seemingly random directions. It seems to change the point it wants to dock at on the station and not make its mind up where to dock, just meandering around the sector. I'm sure its something to do with the huge size of Terran stations.

Credits
      is Happy family :)

I am:
      Crazy

Total Contributions For

Dazzard      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre70 View Post
      Thanks K.J.! On a completely unrelated issue, I'm having real trouble docking with the Military Outpost in Entry Point. I don't think I attempted this in previous versions of the mod, and I'm not sure about other sectors and bases, but in Entry Point any attempt to dock with the Military Outpost causes the ship (I've tried a TM and an M5) to reduce to half speed and head in seemingly random directions. It seems to change the point it wants to dock at on the station and not make its mind up where to dock, just meandering around the sector. I'm sure its something to do with the huge size of Terran stations.
      It may be that all the docking ports are taken? Try docking manually an see what is said. If it says some thing like "Negative, you cannot undergo docking procedure at the moment" then you'll have to wait for someone else to move

Last edited by Dazzard; 17-09-2013 at 03:27 PM.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Pierre70      £ 0.00

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzard View Post
      It may be that all the docking ports are taken? Try docking manually an see what is said. If it says some thing like "Negative, you cannot undergo docking procedure at the moment" then you'll have to wait for someone else to move
      I never thought of that! When I flew out of the system in my M5, the TM headed straight to the base. Would the docking ports issue still occur if I'm out of sector?

EDIT

I just flew back in. The number of docked ships at the outpost dropped from 6 to 3 but my autopilot still flew erratically at half speed. The TM had docked safely while I was out of system.

EDIT NUMBER TWO

I managed to dock! I had to leave SETA on for more than five minutes while the ship manouevred but it happened. The oddity here was really that my ships reduced to half speed when ordered to dock with the outpost, even when they were the other side of the sector from it. I haven't seen that behaviour before.

Last edited by Pierre70; 17-09-2013 at 03:40 PM.

Credits
      is feeling nostalgic

I am:
      Crazy

Total Contributions For

Solitas      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

I have had my share of problems with auto pilot docking when it came to Terran stations with ships of all sizes in a time when I used autopilot.
      Nowadays I dock manually, regardless of station or ship, I get a certain thrill when I do it manually....let`s just say that if someone would see how I dock, they might think I am a bit insane

"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum."-Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus
      (If you want peace, prepare for war.)
      Path to Profit Vol. I-The birth of Armacorp Alpha and The Nomadic Manufacturer(concept, flaws, potential solutions)

Path to Profit Vol. II-From Scout to Commander(as soon as I make an impression of 2.0)

The Paladin Order(still working on it,....got the ``writers block again``)

Credits
      is without status

I am:
      Hungry

Total Contributions For

K.J.      £ 0.00

Quote Originally Posted by Solitas View Post
      I have had my share of problems with auto pilot docking when it came to Terran stations with ships of all sizes in a time when I used autopilot.
      Nowadays I dock manually, regardless of station or ship, I get a certain thrill when I do it manually....let`s just say that if someone would see how I dock, they might think I am a bit insane
      Its like russian roulette, kind off. Approaching with max speed and figuring out the point where to hit the break button in order to achieve the correct speed in the remaining distance. Especially on internal hangars this often ends in a near death experience.

On a completely unrelated issue, I'm having real trouble docking with the Military Outpost in Entry Point.
      Vanilla Problem. The huge terran stations are to blame (they want to compensate something i guess).

Credits
      is Making Holiday baskets of
      Space Fuel Jugs and Roasted
      Space Fly Baskets as gifts....
      PFfft!!!

I am:
      Happy

Total Contributions For

Mangar - {M} Points for Shouts      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

When it comes to terran docks
      Quote Originally Posted by K.J. View Post
      Vanilla Problem. The huge terran stations are to blame (they want to compensate something i guess).
      LOL, for me over the years do to terran docks is where flying up close and using docking software

noticed about 7 times now....
      However in a blastclaw trying to dock and some terran food stations (around cinnia +1 sector out) my ship just kept spinning and tumbling over and over in auto dock where the approched lights end. I will have to download and install the 2.2a hotfix and check again. At that time there was only one NPC ship docked. I did not test other ships or it might only be in the blastclaw

Anyway guys awsome job!!! I enable corps.....Sweet !!!

Hmmm....there was something I wanted to mutter....must not be important after all
      [ Fluently verse in mutterings, babblings and ramblings ]

"Never confuse education with intelligence." - unknown

Credits
      is Happy family :)

I am:
      Crazy

Total Contributions For

Dazzard      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre70 View Post
      I never thought of that! When I flew out of the system in my M5, the TM headed straight to the base. Would the docking ports issue still occur if I'm out of sector?

EDIT

I just flew back in. The number of docked ships at the outpost dropped from 6 to 3 but my autopilot still flew erratically at half speed. The TM had docked safely while I was out of system.

EDIT NUMBER TWO

I managed to dock! I had to leave SETA on for more than five minutes while the ship manouevred but it happened. The oddity here was really that my ships reduced to half speed when ordered to dock with the outpost, even when they were the other side of the sector from it. I haven't seen that behaviour before.
      Then the issue is the insane size of the Terran stations. The auti-pillok cannot think how to get to the docking line without getting too close (relative to the size of the object) to it.

If you've tried to auto-pilot dock in the vanilla aldrin, you'd know how stupid this is

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

porrky      £ 0.00

How many Pirate Bases do you have. I Have 14, why??
      I instal new game --> patch 2.2 --> hotfix 2.2a
      Configuration -->7 Pirate Bases