• Happy
  • Hungry
  • Sad
  • Shy
  • Tired
  • User Tag List

Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: X-Tended - Albion Prelude Experimental Version (hotfix 2.2a)

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Loriel      £ 0.00
      Main InfoStatus and ThingsPoints and CreditsOther

Quote Originally Posted by K.J. View Post
      Hotfix V2.2a AP Version available:
      Laserproblem fixed
      Confirmed fixed, but only for new games. Presumably fixing it for an ongoing game would require a process like this - I will just start a new game.

UPDATE - Looks like I was too hasty in saying the fix doesn't work for ongoing games. I was relying on the fact there should have been combats in my current sector, with a Xenon P and a Bonehead Pirate Dragon (offering mission) as well as substantial sector defence forces, but I think they were just out of range of each other. I had sold off the weapons from my own ship, so lack of laser energy proved nothing. Testing again for a longer period I saw some gunfire, so it does appear to work on saved games.

Galaxy map fixed
      Confirmed fixed.

Start scene fixed
      Hadn't really noticed it as a major problem, but appears fine now.

Pirate & Yaki appearance fixed
      I presume this is for the complaint "There's no pirates in my game", covered in the TC hotfix? Haven't got far enough to meet any yet.

Loriel

Last edited by Loriel; 17-09-2013 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Update on laser energy / saved games

Credits
      is without status

I am:
      Hungry

Total Contributions For

K.J.      £ 0.00

Quote Originally Posted by Loriel View Post
      Confirmed fixed, but only for new games. Presumably fixing it for an ongoing game would require a process like this - I will just start a new game.
      No i doubt it, it was not fault of the Ships file, it was the Bullets file. The bullets are "global" in a savegame, so if they are saved broken nothing can fix them.

Quote Originally Posted by Loriel View Post
      I presume this is for the complaint "There's no pirates in my game", covered in the TC hotfix? Haven't got far enough to meet any yet.
      Yes indeed. Piratebases take some time to spawn, then they build up Lasertowers and after that they will start sending out patrols

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Interestingly enough, I first loaded up my savegame from the first experimental version, and both the galaxy map and weapons fire worked. I still scrapped that (it was only 10 minutes of play time anyway) and have a new version thats been running smoothly for a few hours. Thanks! And I even saw a Yaki M6 cruising around Entry Point, which is definitely a plus considering my previous XTC game in Terran Conflict never had Yaki outside their hidden star system.

As for modding, I included the Albion Prelude Bonus Pack, and it seems to play nice with it. We'll see how this goes, and thanks for all the hard work!

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Loriel      £ 0.00

Current testing strongly suggests that the "silent speech" problem is associated with npcs using the same image that Novacatt uses for his avatar.

This applies both to pilots and to npcs on stations - all those using the Novacatt avatar image are silent, all those using other images speak normally (based on a wander around Sirius II and trying all ships/stations in range).

UPDATE
      Continued testing shows occasional exceptions, in both directions, but it still seems to cover most cases - Novacatt-style npcs speak silently (nearly always).

UPDATE: POSSIBLE WARE BUG
      Encyclopedia entry in Other Wares:
      ZA_EMP_10063_WARE_CUSTOM2_1_476cr

I have just accepted a mission "Fetch me some entertainment chips from Pirate Base in xxx" and Entertainment Chips aren't showing in the Encyclopedia, so this may be how they display until I actually pick them up.
      UPDATE 2: Still there after completing the delivery, and entertainment chips now showing in the Encyclopedia, so that theory seems to be wrong.

No other mods, apart from AP, de-steamed .exe, and the various Extended packs/patches.

UPDATE: Pirates
      Now appear to be fully functional, with various patrols seen, abandoned ships and loot, as well as mission-giving pirate ships. From two + hours into the game.

Loriel

Last edited by Loriel; 18-09-2013 at 08:09 AM. Reason: Updated Possible WARE bug

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Any idea what SS_WARE_SW_NEW4 is? Its being sold by the Argon Equipment Dock in Sirius Prime for 1572, directly under Special Command Software MK1. I previously, installed the Cheat Collection Package, and looking through a list of wares I can see several starting with SS_WARE_SW_NEW equipment (1, 10, 15, 17, 19, 20, 4, 5, 9) as well as SS_WARE_SW_X3TC_2 through _6. I'm wondering if one of the mods I installed is causing some kind of conflict, and if so, how I should go about correcting it. However, I didn't see this glitch yesterday, and I haven't installed any new mods today. Exiting and restarting the game didn't fix this.

*Edit: I just finished a mission to deliver 86 Entertainment Chips. Two prior missions for the exact same item (but different locations) worked fine, but this one had a glitched "job well done" message at the end. The message contents were " ,910 ,842". Maybe its a riddle of some kind. :P

Last edited by AvatarOfWar; 18-09-2013 at 05:30 AM.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Loriel      £ 0.00

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarOfWar View Post
      Any idea what SS_WARE_SW_NEW4 is? Its being sold by the Argon Equipment Dock in Sirius Prime for 1572, directly under Special Command Software MK1.
      Supply Command Software there in my game at present, priced at 2,948. I don't see anything listed with a price of 1,572.

I just finished a mission to deliver 86 Entertainment Chips. Two prior missions for the exact same item (but different locations) worked fine, but this one had a glitched "job well done" message at the end. The message contents were " ,910 ,842". Maybe its a riddle of some kind.
      I have seen similar messages in XRM on AP at the conclusion of delivery missions, so I suspect it's an AP problem rather than an Xtended one.

Loriel

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

*Edit: I take it all back, I did NOT fix the problem. Despite a reinstall fixing it temporarily, as soon as I saved then reloaded that very same save, the names were glitched again. Even though I JETTISONED the wares that previously had glitched names prior to saving, they're back! I'm going to run through another thorough reinstall since it at least fixed things temporarily, but I'm not hopeful.

Last edited by AvatarOfWar; 18-09-2013 at 10:36 AM.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Dillpickle      £ 0.00

Any idea what SS_WARE_SW_NEW4 is?
      Cargo Transporter Extension.

The message contents were " ,910 ,842".
      This is an AP bug, and has been reported in the relevant Egosoft forums...

Credits
      is without status

I am:
      Hungry

Total Contributions For

K.J.      £ 0.00

*Edit: I take it all back, I did NOT fix the problem. Despite a reinstall fixing it temporarily, as soon as I saved then reloaded that very same save, the names were glitched again. Even though I JETTISONED the wares that previously had glitched names prior to saving, they're back! I'm going to run through another thorough reinstall since it at least fixed things temporarily, but I'm not hopeful.
      Do not install the Albion Prelude Bonus Pack. The TC version was incompatible with the original XTC so this will behave the same way

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Tired

Total Contributions For

Scoob      £ 0.00

Hi all,

Just to mirror what I posted on the Egosoft Forums thread:

1. A Pirate Panther has lots of M3 & M4 support ships, but ALL the M4's are shown as "Boneheads Drone" even though they are actually, various M4's and voiced as M4's. Pilot listed as Computer Components. The M3's also have Computer Components for pilots, but have their proper ship names. Guess this might be deliberate as these are "drone" ships?

2. All above M3/M4 ships have no lasers installed - laser energy reported as 0% - so a Kha'ak group took out the Panther in no time, as it's support fighters could do nothing. Other ships, the non "drones" are fine.

Other than this, things are looking ok so far - nice job. Must admit, love Xtended with AP's interface improvements. Oh, performance seems great so far, though my universe has yet to expand.

Additionally, having done a Pirate Start this time around, I'm getting LOTS of red pirates spawning from Pirate Bases. They often make a bee line for me, despite my high (4) rep with the pirates. Does anyone know of any working scripts that will auto-kill such spawns?

Finally, roleplaying as a pirate I find that pirate bases don't stock certain things I need early-game. For example, the Trading System Extension isn't sold on any docks I have access to. It's so very frustrating not being able to remote command ships to trade with stations...it's a long trip to Teladi space! It'd be good if pirate stations stocked more varied items from all the races inventories. Just IMHO.

I did have some other weird issues initially, but a reinstall of all files sorted it, so I guess something got overwritten somewhere.

Btw: I'm sure many know this, but pointing the Plugin Manager at your XTC game will kill it...I was testing and had lots of weird sh1t going on lol.

Cheers,

Scoob.