• Happy
  • Hungry
  • Sad
  • Shy
  • Tired
  • User Tag List

Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: X-Tended - Albion Prelude Experimental Version (hotfix 2.2a)

Credits
      is without status

I am:
      Hungry

Total Contributions For

K.J.      £ 0.00
      Main InfoStatus and ThingsPoints and CreditsOther

Quote Originally Posted by Scoob View Post
      2. All above M3/M4 ships have no lasers installed - laser energy reported as 0% - so a Kha'ak group took out the Panther in no time, as it's support fighters could do nothing. Other ships, the non "drones" are fine.
      So you mean the m3 and m4 that spawned with the panther have no lasers?

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Tired

Total Contributions For

Scoob      £ 0.00

Quote Originally Posted by K.J. View Post
      So you mean the m3 and m4 that spawned with the panther have no lasers?
      Yes K.J. all the M3/M4 ships associated with the Panther had no lasers installed, plus the M4's were all called "drones" and all ships had computer components as pilots. I've not seen this again since, but then I've not had any additional Panthers spawn.

All other ships I've encountered since have been fully equipped and working fine.

Cheers,

Scoob.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

I've got my copy working again. Even managed to get it working with an existing savegame. Its a little annoying that it can't work with the AP Bonus Pack, but I might play with that some more. The bonus pack is different than in X3TC, and includes scripts that I had working fine in X3TC's version of XTC. The Bonus Pack lets you pick and choose which parts of it to install, so we'll see how long it takes for me to break the installation again. There are scripts in the Bonus Pack as well as other scripts that I can't live without. :P

As for the drones, I did notice drones with a pilot of "computer components" before, but thought it was an XTC feature. I'll take a closer look at them next time I see some more.

*Edit: I think I finally found the source of the glitched wares. Its the Plugin Manager itself. Just by switching it from Vanilla to Modified then loading a game shows corrupted wares again. So if anyone has any ideas, let me know. I might be using the manager wrong, because it doesn't seem to "play nice" with AP as it is. Something to do with that "addon" directory.

Last edited by AvatarOfWar; 19-09-2013 at 05:29 AM.

Credits
      is without status

I am:
      Hungry

Total Contributions For

K.J.      £ 0.00

download the scripts seperately on the egosoft page, after all the bonus pack is only an (often outdated) compilation
      Lucikes scripts are the most wanted, there have been compatibility fixes for XTC - check this section

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Loriel      £ 0.00

A minor annoyance to report.

When using the "Move to Coordinates" command added by AP, there is no notification when the ship arrives at the specified coordinates, even when the "Notify me when orders completed" configuration option is selected.

Not sure if this is a vanilla AP bug - I haven't played vanilla AP enough to be familiar with this aspect.

Loriel

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Tired

Total Contributions For

Scoob      £ 0.00

Hi,

Some more observations from my current playtest...

I've finally had another Pirate Panther spawn and, once again, any ship associated with it has "Computer Components" for a pilot and has no weapons. I also saw another pirate ship (the Boron equivalent of the Panther, cannot recall the name) with the same issue.

Capital ships of M1 and M2 class and, to a lesser degree, M7's. There seems to be a problem with their turrets. From what I've seen they're all fully equipped, but only rarely fire. This could be that just one turret fires, but others do not. I'll often see the rear guns working, but I'm yet to see front and side guns engage a target. As a result, M1's and M2's reguarly fall quickly to M6's. Just watching an invasion of a Xenon sector now and the capital ships (several races + Xenon) are not firing. I think, though not 100% sure, it's the "Attack Enemies" turrets that are failing, but the "missile defence" ones are working.

No other issues to report so far.

Scoob.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Anyone using mods successfully with the XTC AP Experimental version? I only know how to mod via the Plugin Manager, but every time I enable 'modified' mode in it, it affects some wares like I mentioned above (showing the ID instead of the name). Fortunately, disabling them restores things to normal, so I can at least load up the Cheat Package to fix minor things (usually faction problems) then remove it again. Strangely, sometimes I enable mods and am able to play for a while before some random amount of time later the wares show up wrong again. But I'm really missing Cycrows Satellite Network and Universal Best Buy/Sell Locator. :P

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Loriel      £ 0.00

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarOfWar View Post
      But I'm really missing Cycrows Satellite Network
      I used it for a while in the Terran Conflict version of Xtended, but its criteria for identifying abandoned ships were apparently incompatible, and it appeared to be reporting freight drones, so I disabled it again. I suspect the AP version would have similar problems.

Loriel

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

It does, and it also has the drawback that the option to turn off detection of derelict ships won't save its setting, so it turns back on every time you restart the game. I mainly use it so I don't see message like "Xenon PX destroys your Mercury Scavenger" all the time. :P Anyways, it works well enough, its just the plugin manager thats glitching some wares.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Strange new problem, my relations to Terran keep dropping through the floor. I boosted it to rank 4/43% yesterday, and it strangely dropped into the red at rank -1/14%. But this didn't trigger hostility in all the core sectors like it previously was. So I fought some kha'ak in their sectors which boosted me up to rank 3 again. But about an hour later when I tried to have a ship trade with them, I noticed it had dropped again to -1/40%. And yet, I had a ship that was docked with one of their shipyards, despite being unable to issue a dock command to that same station. The relations drop must have happened after it docked.

After this, I tried using a cheat to boost my relations back to rank 4. Twice I did this, and twice shortly after it dropped back to rank -1. The only interaction I could find with Terrans were a couple of ships traveling through their space and docking with stations. But repeating that step didn't trigger another drop in rank. I'll keep trying to find out when/how it triggers.

*Edited a typo.

Last edited by AvatarOfWar; 21-09-2013 at 03:48 AM.