• Happy
  • Hungry
  • Sad
  • Shy
  • Tired
  • User Tag List

Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: X-Tended - Albion Prelude Experimental Version (hotfix 2.2a)

Credits
      is without status

I am:
      Hungry

Total Contributions For

K.J.      £ 0.00
      Main InfoStatus and ThingsPoints and CreditsOther

Default X-Tended - Albion Prelude Experimental Version (hotfix 2.2a)

X-Tended - Albion Prelude Experimental Version

The XTC:AP Experimental Version is a port of our X-Tended Terran Conflict mod, Version 2.2, to X3:Albion Prelude. The player benefits from several improvements brought with X3:AP, such as increased Menu size and better Out-of-Sector (OOS) Combat Simulation.

However, this version was not playtested by us - therefore we call it Experimental Version. So please bear in mind that the mod may be unstable, may have minor or even gamebreaking bugs, memory leaks etc - we don't know it.

If you prefer a playtested version of X-Tended, you can download XTC for X3:TC instead.

Download
      Download Albion Prelude Experimental Version 2.2
      Hotfix XTC:AP V2.2a
      You also need the normal XTC files for X3TC (2.0 full + 2.2 patch)

Hotfix for Reputation bugs with Aldrin/Terran
      Unofficial Hotfix for Sector Music (requires a savegame restart however) - made by merclord

Download XTC 2.1 Manual (still valid for 2.2)

Download XTC 2.1 Statistics Spreadsheet (still valid for 2.2)

Installation

We recommend to create a steam-less copy of your Albion Prelude, as steam has the tendency to break mods by replacing files without asking the user. It should work without, but better be safe then sorry. Additionally you can switch between X3:AP and XTC:AP if you want, as you can create multiple copies of the game on your PC.

To do this go into your steam folder (default: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\x3 terran conflict) and copy the X3 folder to another location (e.g. C:\games)

Now go to www.egosoft.com, into the downloads section-> X3:Albion Prelude-> Bonus Material, and download the "X3: Albion Prelude 3.0 - NoSteam executable". direct link

Put the X3AP_n.exe into the x3 terran conflict folder you just created. You can now use this .exe to start the game without steam. Next you need the original X-Tended Terran Conflict mod (Version 2.0). Use the installer and point it to the same folder you put the X3AP_n in. After that, download the X-Tended Terran Conflict patch 2.2 and extract it into the same folder.

Finally, extract the X-Tended Albion Prelude Experimental .zip file into the same folder
      Overwrite everything if asked. You can now play XTC:AP

Q: Is this Experimental version save-game compatible?
      A: No you can't use saves from XTC, or X3:AP

Last edited by K.J.; 29-04-2014 at 03:50 PM.

Credits
      is back from the dead.

I am:
      Cool

Total Contributions For

vukica      £ 5.00

1.) 00749 for AP missing.

original XTC 00749 needs to be extracted from 14.cat to objects/cat, otherwise, AP 00749 overwrites it.

2.) XTC startscreen missing.

3.) All ingame ships have laser level 0 and cannot fire.

Last edited by vukica; 06-09-2013 at 10:43 PM.
      Die Terraner. Eine starke Rasse, eine stolze Rasse, eine paranoide Rasse.

Credits
      is amazing

I am:
      Cool

Total Contributions For

Saber15      £ 0.00

Sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by K.J. View Post
      We recommend to create a steam-less copy of your Albion Prelude, as steam has the tendency to break mods by replacing files without asking the user. It should work without, but better be safe then sorry. Additionally you can switch between X3:AP and XTC:AP if you want, as you cfoiple copies of the game.
      I'm pretty sure you can stop STEAM from doing this by right-clicking on the game in your games list, hitting "Properties", going to the "Updates" tab, then select "Do not automatically update this game"
      Did it with X3TC and never had an issue with it overriding my fakepatch mods.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Steams update process is confusing, but I know from several instances that if Steam is online, and you execute a game that is set to "do not automatically update", it will update anyway at the time you run the game. Also, on many MANY occasions have I had games that I have run when Steam was online, and it decided to toggle that value from "do not update" to "always update", on its own. Heck, I've even had games set to "do not update" that, when an update was made available for a game, that game was then listed with an "update required" tag in my games list, which would even prevent me from running the game with Steam in offline mode until I actually update.

In any case, making a copy of this game is just plain good advice since XTC replaces so much, so now I have a Steam version for AP and a non-steam version for the XTC port to AP, so thank you, OP.

As for the port itself... is there any sort of roadmap for running playests of XTC in AP? I loved XTC, but I've felt issues in X3:TC really caused problems in the long run (namely, OOC combat). AP was supposed to fix that, but I never really played it for more than an hour; the "new" features added in AP such as the warzones, was a major turn-off. So XTC in AP would seem like the best of all possible situations, and I am very interested in trying it out. But... I'm not sure if I want to be the maverick to try it "first", and be the one to find the incompatibility issues. :P

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Loriel      £ 0.00

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarOfWar View Post
      As for the port itself... is there any sort of roadmap for running playests of XTC in AP? I loved XTC, but I've felt issues in X3:TC really caused problems in the long run (namely, OOC combat). AP was supposed to fix that, but I never really played it for more than an hour; the "new" features added in AP such as the warzones, was a major turn-off. So XTC in AP would seem like the best of all possible situations, and I am very interested in trying it out. But... I'm not sure if I want to be the maverick to try it "first", and be the one to find the incompatibility issues. :P
      I think it's probably best to regard this as an alpha software release. There has been minimal testing to date, so it's highly likely there will be bugs in it, probably some of them serious.

So don't use it if the possibility of encountering game-breaking bugs is a deal-breaker for you.

On the other hand, it's a volunteer project, so here is a chance for you to participate by testing and providing feedback. There's no commitment on the part of the developers to fix the bugs, but it's likely that either they or other users will address the most serious issues.

And you are unlikely to be the first - there's already three bugs reported in the thread...

UPDATE
      And as my modest contribution I will offer the following bug report(s):
      • IGNORE THIS ITEM - fixed now I have reinstalled correctly
        Cockpit displays are corrupt - difficult to explain, but it appears as if there is an incomplete fuselage being viewed from the wrong position - somewhere central inside the ship, rather than in the cockpit. This applies to the first five starts I have tried - including Mercury, Elite, Discoverer, Angel and Starburst (which I think is just an unarmed Discoverer).

• Universe Map appears incomplete. Using the Argon Emigrant start, initial sector on local map is Howard Asteroid Field. However, the Universe Map is blank when initially selected (though it gives title and description for Howard Asteroid Field). Using "Up" cursor key moves to Aldrin, at which point a relatively normal universe map is displayed - covering what I think are the explored Aldrian/Argon/Boron sectors of the Expansion Region. However, no gates/links are displayed, the Howard Asteroid Field is still not displayed, and using the "Down" cursor key moves to Sirius III instead of Howard.
        For comparison, in the TC version of XTC , in the Universe Map links are shown from Howard to north, east and west.
        UPDATE Sirius II, Entry Point and Waves of Ammonia are also missing from the Universe Map, even when discovered. Gordon appears to be displayed too far southeast of Conrad

• Some voice sounds are missing. I haven't progressed far enough to work out what the pattern is, but during passage through Aldrin and New Horizons:
        Some mission-giving NPCs are silent (Argons I think), others are normal (Argon/Terran/Paranid)
        "Welcome to this station" message is missing - not sure if it's all as I've only visited two or three so far.
        There was also a weird message on completion of a mission - something like "123,456" - but I've seen this before in AP (or XRM on AP, to be precise), so I don't think this is an "XTC on AP" bug.

Loriel

Last edited by Loriel; 13-09-2013 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Extended bugreport on Universe Map

Credits
      is back from the dead.

I am:
      Cool

Total Contributions For

vukica      £ 5.00

Quote Originally Posted by Loriel View Post
      somewhere central inside the ship, rather than in the cockpit. This applies to the first five starts I have tried - including Mercury, Elite, Discoverer, Angel and Starburst
      did you install original XTC in TC root directory?

Die Terraner. Eine starke Rasse, eine stolze Rasse, eine paranoide Rasse.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Loriel      £ 0.00

Quote Originally Posted by vukica View Post
      did you install original XTC in TC root directory?
      You are right - I failed to read that part of the installation instructions. Now to wipe clean and try to get it right next time.

Loriel

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Okay, I followed the directions not once, but twice, to the letter. My guns are bugged with apparently zero range, possibly for zero energy use too. I can audibly hear my guns fire, but nothing visible is on the screen. Any object I target shows an "out of range" crosshair, even if I bump the nose of my ship into it. Firing even at this point blank range does not result in any hits or warnings to cease fire.

Installation order:
      1. Copied steam XTC directory to a new location.
      2. Obtained the no-steam executable.
      3. Executed "X-Tended_-_Terran_Conflict_2.0.exe", and pointed it to the base directory (where the .exe files are located) where I made my new copy.
      4. Extracted contents of "X-Tended_-_Terran_Conflict_Patch_V2-2.zip" to base directory, and allowed it to overwrite any files it needed to overwrite.
      5. Extracted contents of "X-Tended_Albion_Prelude_Experimental_2.2.zip" to base directory, and allowed it to overwrite any files it needed to overwrite.
      6. Ran X3AP_n.exe.

I also noted the same problem with the universal map. Having only visited Howards Asteroid Field and then Collins, neither sector would show up (other than the name) in the universal map, but arrow keys would toggle between them. It was at this point when I tried shooting my first enemy that I noticed that my guns were bugged, so I exited, deleted the entire directory, and repeated the install directions from scratch. Same problems.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Loriel      £ 0.00

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarOfWar View Post
      My guns are bugged with apparently zero range, possibly for zero energy use too.
      Possibly caused by the problem reported earlier by Vukica:
      3.) All ingame ships have laser level 0 and cannot fire.
      Loriel

Credits
      is without status

I am:
      Hungry

Total Contributions For

K.J.      £ 0.00

Hotfix V2.2a AP Version available:
      Laserproblem fixed
      Galaxy map fixed
      Start scene fixed
      Pirate & Yaki appearance fixed

preliminary download (hint: if you dont use Adblock, the smallest download button is the real one )

Last edited by K.J.; 17-09-2013 at 12:38 AM.