I am:
      Happy

Total Contributions For

Mokonzi Points (Total)      £ 215.00
      Total Downloaded
      Total Downloaded
      Main InfoStatus and ThingsPoints and CreditsOther
      Blog Entries

I've been playing Elite since early public beta, and I'm impressed generally. I think what I've noticed from that stage was that even then it was obvious they were going to struggle to make it offline. There was too much to be ported across. It's a shame tbh, but so far I'm not experiencing major difficulties with the game.

There have been some annoying bugs, but I expect that. Most games do. It is more technical than the X series, but then X is more tuned to almost arcade style gaming than ED is in design.

Regarding the funding, it's frustrating, but I've been on the otherside of this coin (or similar side).

Working with DBTech to develop mods I've had people purchase the product, download it, then submit a refund claim to PayPal. That get's costly and means a free copy has gone out. I can understand why Frontier have made that stance, though I utterly share your pain in feeling frustrated like this.

I was wondering how many more X players might have given ED a shot... there are a few over on the Frontier forums...

It's been one of the games I wanted to create a section for on the site (along with some other games I'm familiar with) to expand the community a bit.

Mokonzi

Credits
      is Quite Bonkers

I am:
      Crazy

Total Contributions For

ytene      £ 325.00
      Total Downloaded
      Total Downloaded

Here's a bit of a belated update.

After some further discussions with Frontier, I received a full refund, the entire 550. To be honest I was not expecting that, but, credit and kudos to Frontier for them for seeing reason and giving me my money back. For some reason they still have me on their mailing list, and I am still able to get into the Design Decision Forum, despite my asking to be removed. I am respecting the refund and not accessing or posting, since that would be wrong.

After some soul-searching [and bank-balance-checking] I eventually put the 550 towards a graphics card upgrade for my primary gaming machine, securing myself a water-cooled nVidia 980GTX [from Overclockers UK]. I am so very glad that I did...

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Happy

Total Contributions For

thetack - {M}      £ 130.00
      Total Downloaded
      Total Downloaded

its normaly not good to reserect an old thread but in this case i think your good news on the refund is worth a reserection