This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Heme      £ 0.00
      Main InfoStatus and ThingsPoints and CreditsOther

Default Sector (Otana Prime) issue

Hi folks,

I have a reasonable belief that this question is a bad one but I could not find directly related information with search so I'll ask anyway.

My game is reasonably early, am around a week to the game and some time ago I found Otana Prime and it looked perfect for a small space fuel complex. I popped the small fleet of M7 + supporting pirates and spent all my money on the complex and it started to grind me money. The problem is that very shortly after I finished setting up the system the pirates started spawning there in mad volumes. M7's roll through the gates on constant basis with some bigger M2's to sweeten the deal. It's taking all my time to keep them in check and am running out of money as I don't get anything from popping the pirates and and business is bad when the whole sector is full of reds. The pirates are clearly spawning in the systems as I have scouts in the neighboring systems and they are clear, yet the enemy hordes somehow roll through the gates all the time.

The question is if I can expect these waves to end sometime soon (e.g, is it worth fighting for the system for a while still) or if am better off just forgetting about the whole sorry affair and self-destroy my complex because the sector is scripted to contain million pirates from this moment onwards?

Cheers

Credits
      is Making Holiday baskets of
      Space Fuel Jugs and Roasted
      Space Fly Baskets as gifts....
      PFfft!!!

I am:
      Happy

Total Contributions For

Mangar - {M} Points for Shouts      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

Hello Heme,

I believe the game engine does re-spawn sector ships like pirates. Say as if a fleet of xenon appeared the pirates could slowly re-spawn taking the sector back.

But if your friendly with them the space fuel stations does better with other races trading with it. the pirates may attack other races where you can collect wares as an extra income

Mod and scripts:
      If you are playing a Modded game, they have sector take over scripts where you place a trade station in that sector and there is a command from that station to claim the sector as long as there are no other enemy station from what I remember. However other ships may still respawn.

My game play most times is have my HQ stations with a fleet of ships. and I place regular station in the main race core sectors to let those races protect my stations when I can not get there fast enough.

Depending if your playing a clean game or a modded one?
      check this out best player sectors

Last edited by Mangar; 24-02-2015 at 01:31 AM.

Hmmm....there was something I wanted to mutter....must not be important after all
      [ Fluently verse in mutterings, babblings and ramblings ]

"Never confuse education with intelligence." - unknown

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Heme      £ 0.00

I don't have any additional mods other than XTC 2.2 so I guess am running what you consider unmodded game. I gave up with fighting the respawning after about an hour of constantly reappearing capitals and I luckily found a save that was made just before I set up my first station in that system. I'll abandon my plans for the sector but thanks for the response, it contained a lot of helpful info. I'll look into those systems and maybe consider grabbing that takeover script, even though I don't think I'll need it.