I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Zurechial      £ 0.00
      Total Downloaded
      Total Downloaded
      Main InfoStatus and ThingsPoints and CreditsOther

Default ----Regenerative Hull Systems----[Updated v1.41: 24-07-06]

////////////////--Boron-Paranid Regenerative Hull Systems v1.41 for X3 - Reunion--/////////////////
      Version 1.41 - 24/July/2006

////////////////--Author: Zurechial

v1.41 now available:

Zip Format for manual installation:
      --
      Download Plugin -- Alternative Mirror

SPK format for use with Cycrow\'s X Script Manager:
      --
      Download Plugin -- Alternative Mirror

================
      ================

This Plugin uses the EMP Modpack and will not work without it being installed.

////////////////--Basic Concept:
      AHR-Extension: Automatically self-repairs whichever ship it\'s installed into, at a rate dependent on the ship-size.
      CMH-Extension: Mounted only on TL & M1 ships - Repairs all ships docked within the carrier automatically, but \'costs\' energy cells - Can also repair external ships (All ships, M5s to M2s) for a cost in energy cells dependent on the size of the ship to be repaired.

Tables of time-taken to repair and energy cell costs can be found below.

////////////////-------////////////////

Updated to work with and require the {EMP}
      Includes German translation by StarTrekMarc - Thanks Marc.

**Users of pre-EMP versions (anything before 1.3) will need to replace now-defunct \"ReadText\" wares from the last version in their ships\' inventories with wares from the new version.
      This is caused by the changeover to EMP since it involved changing to a new pair of ware-templates/slots in the game.

::
      Below is a link to a script that will place the 2 extensions into your ship, for those of you who already bought the extensions in a previous version.
      You need only run the script, and then eject the \"ReadText\" wares from your ship\'s freight bay.
      This should have no other affect on savegames.

Extension-replacement script

Instructions:
      1. Extract the .xml file from the zip to your X3 scripts folder
      2. Run the script from the in-game script editor by accessing it through your ship-commands menu and pressing the R key with the AAAZInstallAHRCMH script highlighted
      3. Select the ship you want to give the extensions to in both menus that come up
      4. Return to the game and eject the defunct \"ReadText\" wares from your ship\'s freight-bay

////////////////--Change log:
      v1.41
      --Changed race-check to use my z.lib.getshiprace.string script
      v1.40
      --Added race-specific bonuses and penalties to repair-efficiency.
      v1.31
      --Added distance-limitation to external-repair CMH command
      --Added extra feedback from CMH to player
      v1.3
      --Updated for use with {EMP}
      v1.21
      --Added German Translation by StarTrekMarc
      v1.2
      --Enabled CMH
      --Added CMH strings
      --Changed from Silicon & Teladianium to Energy cells for practicality.
      v1.1
      --Added CMH framework
      --Optimised CMH & AHR
      v1.0
      --Initial Release

////////////////--Known Issues/Bugs/Conflicts

Issues:
      --None to my knowledge.
      Bug-reports are welcome.

-----Concept-----

Boron-Paranid Autonomous Hull-Repair System (AHR):

-This is a system developed through collaborative research by Boron & Paranid scientists, based on their pre-existing semi-organic hull-designs.
      -The system works by embedding silicon/teladianium-based nano-organisms in the molecular gaps of the ship\'s existing hull upon installation, through surface-locomotion of particles.
      -The organisms store the structural information of the original hull-molecules they come in contact with and constantly relay this information back to the ship-computer through a network of electrical signals.
      -When sections of the hull are damaged, the ship-computer initiates the restoration protocol and the organisms use their stored information to chemically metamorphose into a substance similar to the original hull, to replace the damaged sections.
      -The system has 2 main limitations:
      ----It will only function when hull-integrity is above 50%, as too much molecular data is lost at any point below 50% integrity.
      ----The time taken to grow, regrow and metamorphose the nano-organisms is too long for combat-sustainability.
      (It takes approximately 100 seconds of real-time (10 seconds of 10x SETA) to fully restore the hull of an average M5-class ship. This length of time scales upwards with the hull-mass of the ship, thus it would take a considerable amount of time to restore 50% of the hull of a capital-class ship.)

Table of average time taken in seconds to restore hull from 50% to 100% integrity by ship-class:

Code:
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      ||       Ship-Class:          ||      Time taken (Real-time)     ||      Time taken (SETA 10x)
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      ||       M5                   ||       100s (1.7 Minutes)        ||       10s
      ||       M4                   ||       250s (4.2 Minutes)        ||       25s
      ||       M3                   ||       400s (6.7 Minutes)        ||       40s
      ||       TS                   ||       600s (10 Minutes)         ||       60s (1 Minute)           
      ||       TP                   ||       600s (10 Minutes)         ||       60s (1 Minute)           
      ||       M6                   ||       1200s (20 Minutes)        ||       120s (2 Minutes)           
      ||       TL                   ||       1500s (25 Minutes         ||       150s (2.5 Minutes)           
      ||       M1                   ||       2500s (42 Minutes)        ||       250s (4.2 Minutes)           
      ||       M2                   ||       3000s (50 Minutes)        ||       300s (5 Minutes)           
      The AHR system is subject to compatibility with the race/design of the ship that it is installed into.
      This issue of compatibility affects the efficiency of the repair procedure, ultimately changing how long a full repair (50% to 100%) takes.
      The differences in time taken to repair depending on ship-race are summed up below:

-Argon : 100% of Standard repair-time.
      -Boron : 70%% of Standard repair-time.
      -Paranid : 110% of Standard repair-time.
      -Split : 120% of Standard repair-time.
      -Teladi : 140% of Standard repair-time.
      -Terran : 70% of Standard repair-time.
      -Xenon : 50% of Standard repair-time.

The reasons for the differences are as follows:

-Argon : Argon ships are 100% compatible with the system, due to Boron collaboration, but the system is not fully optimised for use on Argon ships.
      -Boron : The system is 100% compatible with, and fully optimised for use on, the Boron ships, resulting in vastly improved efficiency.
      -Paranid : The system is 100% compatible with Paranid ships, but its efficiency is negatively affected by the rounded design of the Paranid ships and their greater surface area.
      -Split : Split refusal to co-operate with Boron researchers means that the system isn\'t 100% compatible with their ships, causing a significant negative effect on the efficiency of the system.
      -Teladi : Economy and cheap functionality come first for the Teladi, allowing for reduced costs in CMH repairs, but decreased efficiency for both the CMH and AHR.
      -Terran : Differences in materials & technology increase the cost of repairs, but Terran ingenuity of design allows for efficient repair speeds.
      -Xenon : Systematic & Efficient, the Xenon ships can be easily and automatically adapted for efficient use of the repair systems beyond any other race, even the Boron system-inventors.

Extension Cost: 9,110,822 Cr
      Available: In Boron & Paranid Equipment-docks

Boron-Paranid Carrier-Mounted Hull-Repair System (CMH):

-An adaptation of the Autonomous Hull-Repair system for use on TL & Carrier-Class ships which allows the Carrier-ship to repair other ships by similar nano-organic means to the AHR, without having to install the AHR system on each ship.
      -The CMH also incorporates some of the existing repair-technology from shipyards to allow it to perform repairs on a ship of any hull-integrity.
      -This extension has 3 functions and 1 primary limitation:
      ---1---The Carrier-ship\'s scanners are adapted by the CMH system to read data taken from a cut-down version of the AHR which the carrier installs automatically on all ships docked within it. It uses this data to build up profiles of any ship with the CMH-Client and later repair the ships singly, when commanded, by means of Nano-organisms in conjunction with technology similar to the Goner Transporter device.
      ---2---The Carrier will automatically repair any ships which are currently docked in it while the CMH is installed.
      This repair process is considerably faster and cheaper (in terms of energy cells) than the external process, as it utilises power from the ship\'s main reactor by placing the docked ships in a serial-array circuit-grid.

--Limitations:
      --1.The CMH system requires you to have a stock of energy cells in the Carrier-ship\'s cargo-bay to supplement the greater drain on the system than in the AHR system.
      --2.The CMH system may only repair external ships within 8km of the ship it is installed on.

The following are tables of the Energy cell costs for the various ship-types, per ship repaired:

Repair Procedure on external ships:

Code:
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------
      ||       Ship-Class:          ||       Energy Cells Required        ||
      ||       M5                   ||       1250                         ||
      ||       M4                   ||       5000                         ||
      ||       M3                   ||       7500                         ||
      ||       TS                   ||       40'00                        ||
      ||       TP                   ||       10'000                       ||
      ||       M6                   ||       25'000                       ||
      ||       TL                   ||       40'000                       ||
      ||       M1                   ||       55'000                       ||
      ||       M2                   ||       60'000                       ||

Repair Procedure on internal (docked/fleet) ships:
      Code:
      ||       Ship-Class:          ||       Energy Cells Required        ||
      ||       M5                   ||       20                           ||
      ||       M4                   ||       100                          ||
      ||       M3                   ||       140                          ||
      ||       TS                   ||       80                           ||
      ||       TP                   ||       180                          ||
      ||       M6                   ||       360                          ||

Extension Cost: 1,002,677 Cr
      Available: In Boron & Paranid Equipment-docks

-----Usage & Limitations-----

--Neither the AHR nor the CMH Systems are used by AI-Ships (NPCs) and the AHR should not be used on more than about 20 of the player ships at any one time.
      The reason for this is that, though I\'ve done my best to optimise it, the script probably doesn\'t scale well when used on large numbers of ships.
      --The CMH should only be installed on a small number of TLs or Carriers at any one time for the same reason, but the CMH can be used to repair just about any number of other ships without causing any problems, due to the ship-by-ship nature of its repair process.
      --The CMH will not repair the hull of the Carrier-ship it is installed-in.
      The AHR is required for self-repair of any ship.

-----Tech. Details-----

Uses the AL-engine to initiate the regeneration and place the wares in Paranid & Boron Equipment docks, instead of wasting a command-slot.

Wares used in {EMP} :
      101 : 28;0;0;0;0;101;10253;0;35014;1;1;0;35014;-100;0;0;SS_WARE_SW_CUSTOM1_2;
      115 : 28;0;0;0;0;115;10393;0;324115;1;1;0;324115;-100;0;0;SS_WARE_SW_CUSTOM15_2;

Text-file used:

Command-slot used:
      <t>COMMAND_TYPE_SPECIAL_58</t>

Script filenames:
      z.pregen.xml
      z.pregenCMH.xml
      z.targetedCMH.xml
      al.z.regen.main.xml
      al.plugin.z.pregen.xml

-----Progress-----

Check This thread

-----

Feedback & Suggestions Welcome.

0 0 0

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Nicky21      £ 0.00
      Total Downloaded
      Total Downloaded

Default Re: ----Regenerative Hull Systems----[Updated v1.31: 20-04-0

Fist of all you should know that i love the idea of self repairing hulls! I use this all the time but only on corvettes!

Now about the suggestions ( you should probabily make a separate version of the script for this )

- i dont like the idea of using energy cells for autorepairs. I hate the whole concept ! It sucks the whole fun out of the game!

CMH wise: the carriers should repair other
      &#160; &#160; &#160; &#160;&#160; - boron ships for free
      &#160; &#160; &#160; &#160;&#160; - paranid ships consuming crystals
      &#160; &#160; &#160; &#160;&#160; - argon ships consuming energy cells + ore
      &#160; &#160; &#160; &#160;&#160; - split ships consuming energy cells + massom powder
      &#160; &#160; &#160; &#160;&#160; - teladi ships consuming teladianium
      &#160; &#160; &#160; &#160;&#160; - terran ships: not possible (nobody understands their technology good enough)
      &#160; &#160; &#160; &#160;&#160; - xenon ships: silicon wafers + ore.

Why am i saying this? Becuse right now i have no feel that any other ship is different from another. A boron ship is the same as a split ship.... Doing this will add a little the their personality (if you understand what i mean). Also it will encourage the players to have more race specific fleets (for instance for an argon only fleet you just need energy and ore). However if you want to mix \'em up you have to pay the price....

CMH wise again: it should not repair any ship that is damaged <25>25% hull, all of these resources should be used. And of course, let\'s not forget microchips and/or computer components !!!!

Why am i saying this? It will ad the player the idea that a carrier ship fully equiped with repair facilities is actually a busy place! It\'s actually logistics challange to keep this ship funtioning. As is now i fing myself strapping the CMH on every TL or M1 i buy! Even ont the M7s!!! It should not be like that, you should BE AFRAID of losing one of these ships (not only because of the costs involved, but because of the time you took to set it up!)
      And besides that.... What\'s the point in having factories produce microchips if they are only used in 1-2 factories around the universe ? The same goes for quantum tubes, cloth, etc, etc.....

Also the CMH should take a lot of space on the carrier! I mean the CMH is in fact a repairing facility + tools +.....

Also the costs (just my opinion) should not be as low as they are now. 100`000 cr to fully repair a nova is too low.. As soon as i got my first TL i found myself never using the repair facility of a shipyard again! The difference between the CMH and the shipyars is that in the shipyard the repairs are instantaneous.

The costs (expressed in resource costs) in my opinion should be diferenciated by race:
      - borons ship are free. They have organic ships. And I mean they have the worse fighters in the game, at least they would get this in return.....
      - argon: you should get half the price you would get at a shipyard
      - paranid: 75% of the shipyard\'s cost.
      - split: 125% of the shipyard\'s costs ( yeah, actually make it more expensive to repair a split fleet on the spot!!!! - i mean they have the best fighters in the game they\'re designed to kill the enemy not be economic efficient)
      - teladi: 25% of the shipyard\'s cost (those clever teladi..... they make economic efficient fighters !!! )
      - xenon: 75%

About the repair speed: it should be much slower! Much much slower. I think to fully repair a fairly complex fighter like an m3 should take at least 10 minutes real time (assuming that just one fighter is repaired at one given moment inside a carrier).

Why? Beacuse when youre in the middle of a battle and your fighters become damaged you souldnt be able to repair them instantaleously. A damaged squadron should be missed on the battlefield for a good while, just to reminind you that you should be more carefull with getting your fighters damaged. Right now, on a battlefield, i simply dont care if a squadron takes some damage... i know i have 20 km away a mbile shipyard that can fix it i no time !

Another feature i\'d love to see (related to the one above) is to have a \"Turbo mode\" on the repair speed. It will cost you double in resource efficiency (so an argon fighter should be repaired with the same cost as the shipyard) but get the things done a lot faster (like 5 times faster). Of course if you use this you\'ll have to resupply your ship with resources frequently.

That\'s anough about the CMH. Now about the ACH.

This is actualy a very well done script. The idea with no repairs if over 50% hull damage is great!

There are a couple of things id like to see different though:

Fifferent versions of the ach:
      - S cargo type ACH - cost 50`000cr - space required 10 S type cargo units - it can repair a Argon Disco in about 3 minutes
      - M cargo type - cost 100`000cr: space required 20 M cargo units - it can repair an Argon Buster in about 4 minutes
      - L cargo type - 500\'000cr: space required 70 - it can repair a Nova in 5 minutes.
      - XL cargo type - 600 space required - it can repair an M6 in 6 minutes; it can repair an M2/TL/M1 in (give or take) half hour to one hour
      - ST cargo type - 2000 space required - it can repair a TL in 10 minutes

again, Why? Because to play a good game the player needs to make hard choices! After your account reached 100 mil credits (everybody noticed that) X3 becomes boring! Why because people dont have any hard choices to make! You can fly every ship, buy anything in the universe.......

If you do this the player will have the choice to place the XL cargo type on every M6 he buys. I\'m absolutely sure that 90% of the players that can afford at least 2 M6s will also afford the ACH, at whatever price you set it! However, if the player buys the XL ach for a corvette he wont have enough space for the biggest guns possible!

Think split dragon....... So if he wants firepower he\'ll have to do with the L type that can repair his M6 in 1/2 hour instead of a few minutes...... if he wants survivability he\'ll forget the dragon altogeter and buy that crappy Hydra or worse... the Osprey.... It\'s the same idea with the L type taking 70 cargo space. You should\'t be able to fit it on every M3 fighter....

Also here\'s a nice idea (if you play the Xtended mod)... you should talk to Moxy or AalarDb to place by default some ACH on teh AI\'s. It will do great to see the pirate ships installed with autorepair systems

I do hope you\'ll find my suggestions useful and I DO HOPE you didnt find what i said above offending. As i said, these are just my ideas, you dont have to share them!

0 0 0

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Zurechial      £ 0.00
      Total Downloaded
      Total Downloaded

You didn\'t say anything offensive and I appreciate the in-depth suggestions

I had originally designed the CMH so that it would use Teladianium, Ore, etc but I found that it made the usefulness of it severely limited because of the volume of space taken up by those items, whereas E. Cells only take up 1 freight-space each.
      The other problem with the other resources is that they\'re not always easy to get, making it frustrating to try and keep a carrier stocked.

Why am i saying this? Becuse right now i have no feel that any other ship is different from another. A boron ship is the same as a split ship.... Doing this will add a little the their personality (if you understand what i mean). Also it will encourage the players to have more race specific fleets (for instance for an argon only fleet you just need energy and ore). However if you want to mix \'em up you have to pay the price....
      I agree with the above, though, and it\'s a very nice idea. The difference in races beyond aesthetics and a few statistics is severely lacking and it\'d be a nice way to add something to that..
      I might re-include the use of other resources but I\'ll need to sort out exactly how many each should take to repair while also keeping the storage-limitations of the carriers and the ease of actually getting the resources in mind.
      For the sake of easing frustration with regards to acquiring the resources, I might make it so that the additional components will speed up the repair-rate but repairs can still be done without them, albeit more slowly because of the system having to synthesise the materials from energy.....or somesuch..
      I\'ll have to give it some thought.

Either way, I\'ll be slowing-down the speed of repair with the CMH, it\'s too fast in the current version ( as you mentioned) and it should offset the low costs of repair a bit more when I do that.
      I had planned to slow it down considerably, just haven\'t gotten around to it yet.

I think I\'d prefer to leave the AHR as a single extension for now rather than creating multiple versions of it for different ship-classes, but I might script it so that it reserves a certain percentage of the ship\'s freight-bay depending on a setting that the player could choose in the command-console, and that setting would affect the repair-times as you suggested.

Again, I\'ll have to think about it, since each change brings its own problems to deal with (such as needing a new command-slot for the above idea, or taking up extra ware-slots for your AHR-idea, etc).

We\'ll see what happens, anyway

Thanks for the input & suggestions - Greatly appreciated.

0 0 0

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Nicky21      £ 0.00
      Total Downloaded
      Total Downloaded

Hmmm, yes... cargo space, that\'s the problem....

How about this? a factory that produces hull repair kits for each race? Take energy + ore to produce a much more compact argon repair kit....

0 0 0

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Zurechial      £ 0.00
      Total Downloaded
      Total Downloaded

That\'s what I thought of myself, I already put it into the to-do list as a possiblity earlier today

0 0 0

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Nicky21      £ 0.00
      Total Downloaded
      Total Downloaded

Anyway im very happy youre considering this. it will add a lot of immersion to the x universe....

0 0 0

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

al_main      £ 0.00
      Total Downloaded
      Total Downloaded

What are you doing about the hull repair kits and such? As its also something that may possibly be being incorporated into Xtended. (http://www.thexuniverse.com/index.php/topic,521)

Also how exactly does your CMH system work (i aint had time to look at the scripts and such at the moment). If you want i can let you have a look at what i\'ve got aswell incase theres anything in mine you think might benefit being added to yours or the other way around.

Also prob best to sort something out with any hull repair kit ware, as otherwise people using Xtended and this will end up with two types of hull repair kits and that would be getting abit silly.

Drop me a PM/msn/e-mail when your about. (You still beta testing btw? ???)

0 0 0

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Zurechial      £ 0.00
      Total Downloaded
      Total Downloaded

Hmm, I hadn\'t read about that until now.. I\'m not sure what to do, but it looks like it\'s going to be useless to anyone using Xtended.. Oh well, nothing I can do there :-

The CMH repairs ships docked within the CMH-carrier one-by-one and subtracts certain amounts of Energy cells depending on the ship-size and repair time.
      It also adds a command in the command console for repairing a single player-owned ship that isn\'t docked within the carrier, within 8km.

I\'m not sure what to do about the ware... Since I haven\'t implemented it yet I suppose the best thing to do would be to simply not do so..

I think my plugin was the 3rd on the offical forums as of January which offered some sort of ship-repair system so I don\'t think anyone really uses it....the \'market\' is flooded.
      I guess I\'ll just put my plugin on hold indefinitely for that reason, especially if Xtended is also adding something similar. No point in developing something that only I (and Nicky21) use when my time is limited already..

I\'m supposed to be beta-testing but I have final exams this week so I haven\'t had time for anything like X3.

0 0 0

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

al_main      £ 0.00
      Total Downloaded
      Total Downloaded

Ok. hope your exams go well.

I\'ll keep you posted on any further developments within Xtended. If we do add a ware then you might aswell use the same station/ware setup. It\'ll prob have its own setup script so it wouldnt be a problem for me to send you a copy of that if you wanted to add and incorporate the ware into your script.

0 0 0

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

ouch      £ 0.00
      Total Downloaded
      Total Downloaded

I have tried your mod here and some comments:

I think the repairs done by this should be done over time...

I also think you need to charge more energy cells per damage percent.

anyway, just giveing some ideas...

0 0 0