PDA

View Full Version : Ulfius' list of pure evil.

ulfius
12-02-2008, 06:23 PM
Things to try today:

Tow that competing solar power plant into xenon sector 101.
Deploying Ollerus jumpgates linking pirate sectors to argon prime.
Plug a xenon/yaki sector jumpgate up with an asteroid. Laugh, collect free loot.
Assign a shield of wingmen to a teladi faunus and see if it flips out trying to avoid them.
Hire all the TL's I can find, send them to xenon/pirate sectors, collect any resulting loot/bailed ships

Xenon187
12-02-2008, 06:30 PM
That's too evil if you ask me but that will be lots and lots fun to look at pirate/xenon and yaki/xenon war and try link xenon core sectors with khaak sector and watch that will happen:lol::lol:.

D!S7RUG@7OR
12-02-2008, 06:39 PM
Things to try today:

Tow that competing solar power plant into xenon sector 101.
Deploying Ollerus jumpgates linking pirate sectors to argon prime.
Plug a xenon/yaki sector jumpgate up with an asteroid. Laugh, collect free loot.
Assign a shield of wingmen to a teladi faunus and see if it flips out trying to avoid them.
Hire all the TL's I can find, send them to xenon/pirate sectors, collect any resulting loot/bailed ships

It will be only one problem...
What quarantees do you have that your Ollerus will not be attacked by pirates,xenon or kha'ak?

Cya ;)

Anon loyalist
12-02-2008, 09:31 PM
I've done that a couple of times :lol: >:D

MarcusX3
13-02-2008, 01:11 AM
hehehe id call that dare i say... blood thursty!

Droffy
13-02-2008, 07:31 AM
Well i have to admit ( taking off my halo for just a moment) to having done ( cough cough) the same thing to TL's..

I mean if the captains are stupid enough to fly into a Xenon sector, who am i to argue of the the loot left behind.... >:D.

Disclaimer. I/we the below mentioned here in. Declare no resposability or liability for the stupidity of the above mention TL crews and Captains.

Cheers

Droffy

Anon loyalist
13-02-2008, 09:00 AM
:lol: NDA, thanks Droffy ;)

Draxis
13-02-2008, 04:35 PM
Tow a station in front of a gate! I like that one

ulfius
14-02-2008, 12:43 AM
Obviously the tractor beam is a device of pure mischief..
Any other naughty ideas for the beam o' doom?

I've tried towing an extremely p*ssed off xenon k back to a friendly sector, fail.

Droffy
14-02-2008, 04:17 AM
I have always been tempted ( but never actually tried) to tow a space suit in the middle of a trade lane and see how many ships miss it before it gets splated.. It by some miracle it survives all they way through the space lane, that out of charity i would fire a pbe at it <G>

Cheers

Droffy

Anon loyalist
14-02-2008, 12:23 PM
Nasty :kapow:

I want to try towing an OWP into the Khaak sector near Kao's Retreat. >:D

ulfius
14-02-2008, 03:08 PM
No-one's tried making rude words out of asteroids? I'm disappointed.
Childish, yes - but I've yet to meet the person who wouldn't smile if confronted with the word 'Arse!' in mile high letters, complete with explanation mark.
:lol:

Draxis
14-02-2008, 05:08 PM
That'd be amusing, plus the fact that the word would rotate....

kevso101
14-02-2008, 09:06 PM
I've tried putting 'roids into patterns, but it takes way tooooo much effort and i lose interest :p

Kevso :)

rob1212
26-02-2008, 05:01 PM
How about:

Tow a very large asteroid in front of a jumpgate...eases pirate traffic a little for your ST's.

Tow an asteroid right in front of the docking clamps of a complex/station....that should definitely cut down on the competition.

And here's the best one yet...ready...mod the Britney Spears video on the "unknown object" billboard in Elysium of Light and then see if you can tow it to Maelstrom. That should surely clear out the sector and help those of you still doing the Bala Gi Hyperion mission.....lololololol!!!!

see what I mean: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3zLKWS91JE

Anon loyalist
26-02-2008, 05:53 PM
:lol: :lol: :( I happen to like, at lest the look, of Britany :kapow: come here you.

D!S7RUG@7OR
26-02-2008, 06:01 PM
:lol: :lol: :( I happen to like, at lest the look, of Britany :kapow: come here you.

:? :skeptic: :-\ Azn

In X2-The Threat in Dark Waters sector was an asteroids exactly in front of gate who leads to Depth of Silence sector.
Imagine my face when i've come out from Depths of Silence gate in Dark Waters with full speed(my ship was Boron Ray)...:shock:

Cya ;)

Anon loyalist
27-02-2008, 07:17 AM
:shock: :( :grin: one of them maybe :rolleyes:

Draxis
27-02-2008, 10:59 PM
yeah, you could tell that a dev had a really bad day when they throw that at you...

Vvrathian Defeat
27-02-2008, 11:14 PM
Remindes me of the Freespace 2 days.

In one mission the game starts with a Destroyer about 300 times your size heading into the gate where you just spawned and you have about zero seconds to dive or die

krm398
27-02-2008, 11:48 PM
Ooo,I have one no one mentioned...activate Unicap and take a medium fighter into any Xenon sector loaded full of moquito missiles...then just fly and drop them untill all the ships are disabled...it usually takes about an hour...but then you sit back and laugh at the mighty Xenon warships just sitting there, fireing as you go by...lol

Anon loyalist
28-02-2008, 04:57 PM
Evil man, Evil.... But wait... :think: Their evil.............

COOL!!! Gotta try that :jump:

Draxis
28-02-2008, 05:21 PM
using a tern to lay mines all over a sector and then setting that race to "hostile"....

gotta try that actually.... clear out a few sectors!

Anon loyalist
28-02-2008, 10:05 PM
:lol: cool. :yes:

krm398
05-03-2008, 12:52 PM
hmmm,not to change the subject, but Draxis...couldnt help but notice you have a Marauder there on your picture....you know some descreet little writer made a C class Marauder for in game thats a Cruiser now right?lol send me an email for a copy...lol.

krm398
22-03-2008, 12:25 AM
ok, I found a new one..Unicap works with the Boron Ion Disrupter, just one good blast and EVERYTHING stops dead..lol.

Aragon Speed
15-07-2008, 05:09 AM
Use a fighter wingman to fire on a galleon, then run away in your tern dropping mines behind you...

Make the Sohnen M7 follow you into earth sector.

Cap a Sohnen M7 and then send it on a rampage in the DS sector. (Doesn't last long, but it sure does surprise the sohnen!)

Spawn an Incubus (Fully kitted out) for yourself, and then sit in the middle of a Kha'ak sector doing nothing. (Bugs the hell out of them)

When you get bored of that, set it to kill all enemies, and turrets set to the same.

Fly around in circles in any enemy sector in an arrow or starburst. (They really hate not being able to kill you).

Fill in the gaps between the asteroids surrounding the Pirate base in Brennans Triumph with more asteroids and watch the confused AI pirates.

tpower1980
15-07-2008, 06:37 AM
i got a good one !!:)

use your ship to use-up all the dockable slots at a particular factory to decline it from any trading opportunity.:lol:

deus ex alpha
15-07-2008, 01:21 PM
i use my orca all the time to block gate's. a good one is to drop a OWP and about 100 laser towers in xenon/pirate sectors, i did this with XS101 just after sending a couple npc TL's in first>:D

ulfius
15-07-2008, 01:29 PM
Fill a small sector with about 90 laser towers, then set them to hostile.
Play conkers with your space station and a tractor beam.
Park your valhalla/m0 in front of a gate, collect the resulting cargo. (not my fault officer, honest.)

Haha, you beat me to it deus ex alpha.

deus ex alpha
18-07-2008, 01:08 AM
fill an orca with fighter drone and let them lose in a xenon sector and sit back and watch the chaos >:D:lol: it so funny seeing a XL be taken down by 100 fighter drones it nearly made me cry (with laughter)

Aragon Speed
18-07-2008, 05:05 AM
fill an orca with fighter drone and let them lose in a xenon sector and sit back and watch the chaos >:D:lol: it so funny seeing a XL be taken down by 100 fighter drones it nearly made me cry (with laughter)
:lol::mrgreen::lol:

Xenon187
18-07-2008, 11:32 AM
just imagine your FPS while doing this :lol::mrgreen::lol: my PC will explode of this. :(

Draxis
18-07-2008, 07:17 PM
Fly a TL filed with spacefuel through Argon Prime and watch the M5's try to "pull you over"

Xenon187
18-07-2008, 09:05 PM
put 1 or 2 OWP's near south gate of scale plate green and how those xenons dying :lol::mrgreen::lol:

tpower1980
18-07-2008, 09:51 PM
lure your foes near the two OWP guarding the gate of the Yaki sector :lol:

Xenon187
19-07-2008, 12:03 AM
that a good idea. :lol:

deus ex alpha
19-07-2008, 05:29 PM
M6/M7+tractor beam+ore mine+Xenon J/K=ROFL:mrgreen::lol::mrgreen::lol:

was playing with my friends the Xenon's when my shields got shot up by a J's AFAA so i had to bug out of there quick time. so i did a run for it to one of my mine's in sector. after docking at my mine i could see the J was still closing in on me so i thought about a playing a game of baseball the result was not all in my favour and i dont think i will be doing it again but hell was it funny.:lol:>:D

Xenon187
19-07-2008, 06:49 PM
so what happened?? J splatted in your mine?? or what?? :lol::mrgreen::lol:

deus ex alpha
19-07-2008, 07:34 PM
so what happened?? J splatted in your mine?? or what?? :lol::mrgreen::lol:

the J went BOOM
while towing the mine i got hit a couple times by fire and by my mine. i did a kind of loop de loop to swing the mine in the path of the J an has i hit the J did a bit of a spin and hit the mine for a second time as it went and blow up. but by the end my Hyperion had about 25% hull lift and my mine was not much better off so i loaded a save

Draxis
20-07-2008, 02:55 AM
hmm, load a Otas ship with silkworms and hornets and send it into the trading lanes.
Set it to attack all and watch your new "Q- ship"! People that have read part of the Honor Harrington Series get the Q ship reference

Galder
06-08-2008, 12:25 AM
I'm a bit disappointed about the lack of Orbital Weapon Platforms in this thread :mrgreen:

Has nobody ever spotted that they are ships? They aren't tied to one position. They can use jumpdrives. This opens a very special feature....

How to turn your clumsy M6 into a destroyer.
Equip it with a tractor beam, get yourself an OWP and fill it with G-PPCs, BFAA and AFAA. Equip it also with a jump drive, navigation software and some e-cells. Then let it jump to your destination and tow it. You have to set it to "Destroy all enemies" and his turrets also. You can fly at least at a speed of 80 without loosing the tractor beam. Your six will have ultimate cover :mrgreen: VERY effective in pirate sectors :mrgreen: A decent M7, like the Cerberus, can do a lot of funny things with a towed OWP.... he's only slowed down a bit, but fully operational.

I think it is also possible to do the Khaak Invasion, which occurs after 2-3 ingame days. Since the Elephant trick doesn't work anymore, because he can't equip B-PPCs in the rear turret, this is an alternative approach :mrgreen:

Has anyone tried to tow the 2 Yaki OWPs to Paranid Prime (with yourself neutral or friendly rep with the Yaki)? :mrgreen: The Supertractor script should do a good job here :mrgreen:

/edit:
Or..... if you prefer just LV Cheats.... get yourself a full equipped OWP, jump it to a crowded race sector and tow it. THEN change the race to Yaki and tow it around a little bit... the tractor beam will not being released and it doesn't count as an attack. Your rep should be at least neutral to Yaki ;)

Badman76
15-09-2008, 02:47 PM
Even if my answer to this thread is a liiiittle bit late, i have to make some suggestions in addition to some of the posts here.

Most of them are related to the use of the Tractorbeam. After finishing the investigation for the TB-Review ( http://www.thexuniverse.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12800) (ger.) i must say, that most of the activities you suggest are only to be done with extra-scrips (like the SuperTractor (http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=204411&sid=8b4f309a3767d833e57d0f9bd00cc573) by GAZZ). The vanille/XTM-Version of the TB can not be used to move other objects than your own ships/stations/squash-mines/OWP’s or abandonned ships. Hostile or even neutral ships or stations are a little bit pi... off by the attempt to lock them up and give them a friendly free ride. So the use of the required scripts should at least be mentioned.

The use of mines as a trap for following enemies is great in theory but not in game-”reality”. I tried it several times when i revised the “Tern”. The mines were taken out by hostile fire immediately after being in their weapons range. No matter what the distance to enemy or the speed or even the kind of foe was. They always found the mines and destroyed them ASAP. Maybe it is a bug in my game or not. Can someone else confirm the one or the other side of the story?

But now it is enough with being a smart arse. Here is my suggestion for being ‘bad’.

OWP`s or big ships of a neutral race can be used as some kind of shield against all enemies. At the beginning of a new game you often have no capital ship to engage a Reaver or anything like that. But if you have a small fighter and you find yourself in a the situation that for example a Q with some M3 (must be enemy of the sector race) is in a sector were an OWP is stationed, you can use your higher speed to attack the Q and then retreat towards the OWP and hide yourself behind it. The Q will follow you and as soon as it is in range of the OWP it will be attacked. Now you need timing and good luck or a Goner ‘License’. Seconds before the Q is destroyed by the OWP you attack it as well and in one out of three attempts the Q will drop its cargo and the hit is on your counter. I often tried it in sector ‘Menelaus paradise’ with great profit.

You might ask now ‘And what is bad about this?’ – Answer: My mommy told me, letting the others do all the dirty work and just collect the profit, is amusing - and bad. And now go to bed, you little *******.

;)

@ Galder

great ideas with the OWP + jumpdrive and tow an OWP by TB to get a little M2 ...

Draxis
15-09-2008, 04:12 PM
Wow, the OWP idea is actually quite valid now that i think about it.... Whats the smallest ship that can tug it, the M6 right?

Badman76
15-09-2008, 05:11 PM
Most of the MTS ships can use a TB. They are the smallest to move the OWP's. The cheapest (?) is a M6L , the Earth fleet corvette IV. But to keep the OWP fully operational and make the best use of it, you should fly an AKUMA. The cargo space and class enables it to carry the platforms and its content. So you are completly independent from an TL-Transporter and triplicate your fire-power.

But the usage of the OWP is pretty tricky, even under 0.7.3. After deploying the platform, you need to re-equipt the OWP everytime. This is important for the shields, because the take their time to be fully reloaded. When you decide to pick up your OWP, the installed software is suddenly drifting through the space. Why? Don't know yet, but it sucks.

Here are the links for those who want to read the german reviews about the Akuma (http://www.thexuniverse.com/forum/showthread.php?p=133154#post133154) and OWP (http://www.thexuniverse.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12400). My German is much better than my English, though it need a bit improvement too.

Galder
15-09-2008, 08:01 PM
You don't need to get an Akuma ;) Equip your OWP with everything needed and add Jumpdrive and some e-cells. Jump through the gate, in question and order your OWP to do the same, after you arrived there. Voilŕ... your backup comes right through ;) You just need to tow it. Of course, you have to get your bastu out of the flying path before it jumps in and you have to tow it in a range under 2.5 km, because of the limited range of BFAA. Otherwise your protection isn't that great ;) Don't use PPC, or you will have to dodge and dance around the PPC bullets ;) If you want to get out of the setcor, jump out, order your OWP to the same gate and tow it again. Nice fire support for isolating pirate infested sectors... just jump 2 OWPs to every gate and clear everything, e.g for the Olympos/Leviathan Mission.

Draxis
15-09-2008, 08:48 PM
I can't believe i never thought of that... So simple... Wow, I hope that works in X3TC

borgrel
26-09-2008, 03:00 AM
Badman.....mines dont work for me either: the only time i ever got one to work was by flying a small ship into the cavity at the back of a Kaak destroyer but it took 1000's of attempts to fly in fast enough not to die from weapons fire, stop quickly enough not to crash into the ship, order the jump out of system without the ship turning through you, placing the mine and activating it just as u jump so that u dont get damaged.

plus u need a bigger ship to carry the m3 close enough so it wont die and its in no way practical

DRAGON
29-09-2008, 06:10 PM
surpised none has mentioned this one
HCF a ship with the name taxi service or passenger shuttle
acquire hand weapons and give them a lift to the local pirate base;)
(or make them cyborgs at the paranid augmentation centre)