dworak13
26-02-2008, 01:53 AM
asteroid mover
make it big it should be its own MO

slow say 10-20 kps

Point to point jump drive

almost no weapons only alpha hept only 4 turrets 2 weapons each

can only use on asteroids not mines

requires huge amount of money to be paid to the sector of goverment where asteroid is

high shield and hull 10g shield

1 ts docking slot

300-500 energy cells a sector and 50 eregy cells a kilometer while moving asteroids

huge cargo say 50000 space

well does it sound good?

cain'blood
26-02-2008, 02:06 AM
Sounds like a fantastic idea to me, not too sure about some of the stats though but as a concept i think it's brilliant.
I really hate jumping in an M6 and dragging asteroids around with a tractorbeam, it take ages is about as much fun as watching grass grow.

Droffy
26-02-2008, 04:20 AM
you have a good idea there. Not sure about some of your stats tho.. Like paying the sector owner money. IMO that is not warranted. Guns and shields could be open to discussion too. I think it should be able to tow an asteroid at about 50. ALso think it should burn lots of Ecells while towing asteroids to allow it to tow them at a respectable speed ie 50.
Also think it should have around 20k of cargo space and be able to dock 1 corvette and say 6(or 2 Ts and 4 fighters) fighters. Enough to protect it when its moving around. Also be capable of docking one TL externally and maybe in two TS internally. ( would have to be a big ship i feel as original post M0).
Just my thoughts on a good post.

Rep for the idea too.

Cheers

Droffy

Anon loyalist
26-02-2008, 11:24 AM
My observations from your stats: (the idea is nobel)

The speed would definatly have to be slightly more as it would just take forever other wise.

Increase the weapons a little, slightly more fire power.

The sector owner idea is a little complicated and maybe a little too far the wrong way. Maybe pay a merchent who owns the ship, but definatly pay a lot of money. :)

Cargo space size is a good idea. O0

Other than that the idea is great :grin: Do you have any scripting or modeling skills?

Draxis
26-02-2008, 01:56 PM
This is an interesting idea, do you want to put a picture of a sketch up? I could see about doing a rough model for you.