PDA

View Full Version : Another idea for a Mod..lol.

krm398
29-02-2008, 02:21 PM
Called the Real Mod...we all know ego always replaces everything each game...for looks, but thats not reasonable in a real universe. So there Will be new stations in some sectors, because someone just bought them but also, you'll see old stations that have been around a while, and old ships from all the way to X2..so it would make things look more realistic by showing the way time and history passed. You can be in Argon Prime and see an old Orinoco going by at 90..and see a new Nove flying past. Also there would be some old TL's around from the first because lets face it, some guys would save a lifetime to get one, if its not destroyed, then it'll be then for his kids...lol. We would still have all the new ships, from XTM, so maybe a modded XTM Mod?? ok, its off the wall, but realistic.

kevso101
29-02-2008, 02:40 PM
Hmm i like it :) Perhaps pirate could use some of the older style stations.....

Sartorie
29-02-2008, 02:45 PM
I like the idea but imagine the loading time if every station in say Argon Prima had it's own model and another 10-20 different ship models too

you could drink or even make a coffee before you would enter that sector ^^

kevso101
29-02-2008, 02:47 PM
Hmm a fair point Sartorie, maybe with the new Terran Conflict they could have the game cache the station info....

Kevso :)

Eliah
29-02-2008, 02:49 PM
I think it would not be so much of a problem, as the game does not care if you load 2 identical same class ships or different, they still both have to be loaded top-to-bottom.

P.S. I like the idea ;)

Anon loyalist
29-02-2008, 10:24 PM
It is a good idea. :yes:
Wait until you see the X1 Pirates mod. You will like that :lol:

But the idea is good and by all means give it a go.

krm398
05-03-2008, 12:01 PM
Well I saw this as ...the main sectors like Argon Prime would be more modern, with maybe just 1 old station. The further away you go the more old stuff you see, and a few things like TL's would just be everywhere. I see some small , poorer pirate clans still using Bayomans and the old model Orinocos, but others using all new ships, even pirates arent all good businessmen, so some variation on what they make in equipment.Sectors hit hard by war would be less crowded, with newer stations, but not as many as safe sectors with more of an assortment. Things like that....not piling a lot in one sector, maybe even less in some, actually, definately less in hard hit areas.

Anyone who likes the idea can take it and run, I'm just an idea man myself...lol have fun.

krm398
13-04-2008, 10:11 AM
Well dont know if anyone had any plans to actually do this or not. I really dont know how, but also my vision had a big assortment of ships from the very first TL up to the modern era xtm ships, but thats really not posible as one xtm member told me they wont share their ships with other mods. So that would complicate the process if all new ships needed built or customized from the original sets, but still was a good idea, I thought. With assortments of ships and stations then reality would be added to the game, where only scifi fantacy is now. Every time a new mod or game is upgraded or ego brings out a new addon the entire universe changes, not posible,lol.