PDA

View Full Version : Movie - Dogfighting

Nightwatch
05-05-2008, 04:03 AM
I intended this movie as a little tutorial of Dogfighting. I'm not sure its terribly good, but you can have a look at least.

And yes I know I could hop onto an M3+ and pwn them; thats why I didn't do that.

Hope you guys enjoy it anyway.

Dogfighting

Edit: Added the Youtube tags in so it shows up quicker in the page. :)

Mokonzi
05-05-2008, 06:26 AM
Nice work matey O0

Lovely little video and tutorial. O0

NovaCatt
05-05-2008, 09:28 AM
Hiya Peeps, :wave:

@ Nightwatch......
Hiya Mate,
As Moko says: Great vid! O0
However I do have one slight niggle with it...... The timing of your text on screen, at times it disappears off screen too fast to read it properly... I feel it needs another couple of seconds delay to allow complete reading in a reasonable amount of time...

Other then a couple of minor spelling errors & the above niggle, that was, all-in-all, an excellent vid!! O0 O0

Keep up the fantastic work! O0

Cheers & Thranx

Nightwatch
05-05-2008, 11:31 AM
Hmm.. I can see your point. I was trying not to interfere with the action, but I might redo it to fix those things.

I'm dyxlexic so I dont see text very well :shock:

Nightwatch
05-05-2008, 09:10 PM
Ok guys. I deleted the other video and replaced it with one with the text timing altered. It should be a lot better now. I already altered the youtube link above.

NovaCatt
06-05-2008, 03:04 AM
Hiya Peeps, :wave:

@ Nightwatch.....
Hiya Mate,
Just watched your updated version.... It's very good!!! O0

The text timing is just right! Not too long on screen & not so quick to go off screen! O0

Excellent work! O0 O0

Cheers & Thranx

Mapper484
06-05-2008, 11:27 AM
Really excellent work! O0

enenra
06-05-2008, 03:58 PM
Vid is looking good, I most likely wouldn't have the patience to keep shooting them with AIREs, tho. :D

Which programs did you use to do the vid and edit it?

ML
06-05-2008, 04:03 PM
Great stuff, nightwatch! O0

Makes me want to go fry some pirate... ;)

Nightwatch
07-05-2008, 12:50 AM
Vid is looking good, I most likely wouldn't have the patience to keep shooting them with AIREs, tho. :D

Which programs did you use to do the vid and edit it?

Well I did it to prove a point. Those Novas would have gone down quite a bit faster with BIREs and using them sparingly like I was doing would have meant I would not have much energy problems. Using them in the first fight would sadly have resulted in my guns going *click* fairly soonish. :grin: Hmm.. must do up a spreadsheet to figure out exactly how long guns will last per ship...

I filmed it with the registered version of Sony Fraps, and I edited it with Windows Movie Maker. WMM is very easy to use but it limits your options. Sadly I cant afford any other video editing software at the moment.

Nightwatch
07-05-2008, 08:39 PM
Hi. Just letting you know I just figured out how to upload videos to filefront, so heres the link to the file.

Link (http://files.filefront.com/Dogfighting+Tutorialwmv/;10151503;/fileinfo.html)

Its 64 megs in sise, 640 *480 resolution but still pretty good quality. I hope you guys enjoy it.