PDA

View Full Version : (Outdated) XTC needs a new sound track

Aragon Speed
02-11-2008, 11:42 AM
The 'X-Tended - Terran Conflict' team are looking for musicians to create a new sound track for the mod.

If you are interested please post in this thread and you will be contacted with details about creating a sample piece for us to hear.

Draakon
15-03-2009, 10:07 PM
Just wondering, what type of music is the XTC team looking for?

Aragon Speed
16-03-2009, 09:40 AM
Check your PM's. ;)

stemardue
16-03-2009, 09:58 AM
Hi!

...I can try to help as well if requirements, deadlines etc are ok. Please let me know the details.

Aragon Speed
16-03-2009, 10:18 AM
Hi!

...I can try to help as well if requirements, deadlines etc are ok. Please let me know the details.
Check your PM's. :)

Diemetius
16-03-2009, 04:02 PM
I want to make a thread in the German XTM-Forum! Is it Ok ?

G. Diemetius

Aragon Speed
16-03-2009, 08:51 PM
I want to make a thread in the German XTM-Forum! Is it Ok ?

G. Diemetius
O0

ReeverDrak
21-03-2009, 02:06 AM
Iv got a music track iv been working on that might be good to add, iv got a snippit of it but how do i submit it?

dont want to get into troble or anythin,

so anyhow i hope you all like this track and it has a place on XTC. feedback welcome =)

2Blackhawk
21-03-2009, 06:27 AM
Just upload it somewhere. Rapidshare.com, uploaded.to ....
If you want it to stay private just send the password of your zipped file to AS by PM

ReeverDrak
21-03-2009, 04:17 PM
iv chosen the following> Mediafire.com, Myspace.com/thesoundofreever and lastfm.com....

My Résumé

now the only one with my tracks on at the mommet is myspace and there my old old ones from when i first started out so there not all that good and i dont think there what your looking for (track list> Rame, Shivana and Everrya) but are a good indication of my starting music level when i started out 4 years ago, and rest ashored iv come along way from then...

Im having technical difficaltys with uploading anything from a basic pic to anything between, up to or over 1mb in size (if anything would upload at all)... this is dew to my dappy land lord using a Vigor 2800 modem shared between 6 rooms/house mates, so i can't get it replaces nor change any settings on the thing :furious: and i have no signal for moble internet as of yet... however i will go to a friends house as soon as i can to upload all my traks and update my site ASAP....

As iv said iv been produsing for over 4 years now and my styles have ranged from Ambent, Ambent D'n'B, Trance, progressive and lounge to name a few and have currently 9 to 10 compleated tracks under my belt, (not alot but considdering im unsighed and i do it with what little time i have i think iv done well lol)

To look for my work iv always come under the following co tags/signs> Reever, Reeverdark, Reeverdrak (a typo that cant be ammended :( ) and the Sound of Reever and i am the founder of a trance Heritage program called the Ministy of Trance (sadly its not taken off, and i dont want to passue it as of yet just incase it leads to problems)...

i love to produse music and i like to be part of a team, and to acheive something, and i hope that i can give something to the community here and for years to come.

any questions about me or my work im welcom to feed back =) thank you for reading and ill get my track up ASAP. 8)

2Blackhawk
21-03-2009, 07:33 PM
Would you please post a link to your myspace profile?

I allowed myself to spend you a COMPOSER badge - I hope you don´t mind:).

ReeverDrak
21-03-2009, 09:54 PM
:grin: (need smilly for jump for joy lol ) thank you so much dude. I got a badge =) yay!

shore but be warn as i said> The muisc on there has not been updated there for over 2-3 years or more and i dont think the tracks there are to the Style of X3 or XTC.

But as soon as i can upload it i have a track named Jagged Solice that i think would be good.

http://www.myspace.com/soundofreever <My Old Old tracks... Be warned there not that good....:( but i will try to update ASAP

stemardue
21-03-2009, 10:49 PM
Reever I hope you can upload soon! Just went to your site and checked your tracks and by what you say there's something good waiting to be heard ;)

PS I like the progressive/ambient sound of 'Shivana' and its beatloop. (And imo Shivana itself wouldn't sound out of place in X3 as chase/battle theme)

ReeverDrak
22-03-2009, 06:30 PM
All tracks and profiles updated> check me out @

http://www.myspace.com/soundofreever

http://www.last.fm/music/Reever/Rame+SE

But please request link for Download via PM.....

*Track to be submitted for XTC is maned> Jagged Solice.< however the current version has a glitch 4.02 min in but you get the idea of it and will give out better version to thoughts who request it.

if there is any of my tracks that you think if edited or modified would be good the PM with the modifications you wish done...

think of this as my portfolio so if you wish to commotion a track (for free as long as its added to the game if good enough) then PM me with the details like the mood, set the sean and so on...

all tracks can be edited, modified, changed, mutated to spec except for the ones listed below as the original data file is missing>

Everrya (Enhinced)
Shivana
Rame (Insrmental)

all that can be done to the above tracks is cutting and effects work...

but the rest are all ok to be edited or changed...

Thank you all, hope you like the tracks, PM me for requests, Feed back or support...

thanks for reading keep up the good work and thanks for your support :grin::);):lol:

stemardue
22-03-2009, 07:20 PM
:jump:

kool!

Man that's some creepy cool tune. I like the others as well... seems like you raped some Buddha Bar tunes and made em nightmarish - with a good result imo.

Only thing that might make em better is a final mastering tweaking (some multiband compression/pumping and maybe a stereo image widener to 'expand' dynamics and spatiality).

Btw gonna get myself a page in that place so I can share my creations as well (and welcome all the critics).

Keep on!

enenra
22-03-2009, 09:06 PM
Here some feedback for you, ReeverDrak:

1. Everrya
I like the first 20 seconds. The rest is too far paced for an ambient music - we couldn't use it as a battle music, either, because it doesn't feel enough like a battle music.

2. Shivana
I like the melody, but the track is far too long. It gets repetitive soon and when I first heard the guitar in about the middle of the track, I thought another one had started. Another problem is that there are quite fast-paced parts in this track - it might work but it's mostly safer to avoid these completely in ambient tracks. At least, that's what I think. ;)

3. Rame
Very good. It's the best of the three imho and suits our "theme" pretty well. A little creepy, darker, a little melancholic. O0
My only critique would be that it, too, can get repetitive at some points. But it's not that big of a problem. :)

Some advice:
The problem with adding new tracks to the game is that there can't be much variety. We can add as many ambient tracks as we want, but we can add only one to a sector - it will be played in an endless loop. That is one category - the ambient tracks.
The other category are the combat tracks of which we can only have four. This means that those four have to be very good and must suggest fast-paced action. They can't start slowly or have more peaceful periods in them.

So essentially this means that we can only use two types of tracks: tracks clearly defined as ambient tracks and tracks clearly defined as combat tracks.

Draakon
22-03-2009, 10:00 PM
Nice thing you have there Reever. keep it going :)

ReeverDrak
22-03-2009, 10:43 PM
thoughs 3 track were the old old ones, i listed them as there the uneditable ones, as i can't change them anymore as the .cpr file is back (and probably deleted after all these years) at my old college where i learned the wonders of Cubase 5 and then SX3.

check out me other tracks and see what you thing, i can change them as i have the .cpr files and some of which like >Zed, we have a bug< and >Jagged solice< i made this week 8)

now >jagged solice< i was thinking as a kinda dark ambiant track for like outer reach sectors like the ones that dont have much light and have heavy enimy activity.... so imagin your flyign around exploring, you cant see far and you get the feeling that you could get attacked at any minit....

now as i tryed to explain, the list online is not the final submition, but are to be considered my portfolio.

If there is an eliment of a "editable" track that you'd like or any specific changes made to tho's "editable" track then feel free to say and ill get right on to it.

like wise if there is a mood, or spcific sector you want a musical render made for then please explain it to me and ill do my best =)

to get the fall listings of my tracks and fall preview i think the best way would be via Lastfm as myspace only alows 6 tracks....

To stemardue>

Thanks =) and please expand on what you mean for the mastering, iv got a basic idea but even the wisest of men can have gaps in there understanding =P lol and thank you for your support i hope to cheack out your music at some point.

Edit> p.s, and id love to have your jump for joy smily ROLF :) lol

To DSE>

Thank you on your feed back =) sadly the tracks you'v listed as iv said are my realy really old ones... >Rame< being the first I ever prodused, with me playing the drums =P i was only 16 at the time, 17 for >Everrya< and is made almost entierly from rew audio samples but sadly got finalised and EQ'ed when a rock bad was playing so its more of an embarissment to me than an achevement and 18/19 for Shivana and was my first MIDI dominated track with only gitar added after....

To Draakon>

Thanks much i hope you like the tracks, which do you like tha most?:)......

Reposting links for ease of the reader...

http://www.myspace.com/soundofreever

http://www.last.fm/music/Reever/Rame+SE

Track list for all the tracks that can be edited>

Zed, We Have a Bug (21/03/2009 )
Jagged Solice (Mk1) (19/03/2009 )
Axis Of Evil (late 2008, early 2009 )
A love ended (09/2008 )
Betrayer (17/08/2008 ) August was a bad month for me that year....
Tellca (04-05/2008 )
I want to be Remembered (04-05/2008 )

stemardue
23-03-2009, 11:17 AM
hah first the easiest: the jumpy smiley is in the 'extended' smilies set... just click on the 'more' tab in the smilies panel, at the right of the message composer. (or... write : jump : without the spaces) :jump:

ok, about 'mastering'...
what i mean with that is the final effects/processing you apply to the mixdown. In many software sound-studio programs (Cakewalk, Cubase, Adobe Audition...) you can apply several effects to the tracks you are mixing as well as to the 'master' track. The tracks effects are used to tweak single parts (i.e. add echo to drums, add flangers to guitar, equalize, pan etc.) while the master effects are added to the whole mixdown 'after' the others. An example of a 'mastering' processor could be a compressor/expander, a stereo separation enhancer, to widen the sound 'image', and a subtle reverb to give depth and body, plus a graphic equalizer to level frequency ranges.

Hope this is a bit clearer ;)

feel free to PM me if you'd like to discuss more in depth, so we don't hog the forum thread :)

PS to moderators... SOWWY for the off topic stroll

enenra
23-03-2009, 12:37 PM
@ReeverDrak
Ah, sorry. I though those were the ones you newly created. :o
Will hear through the other ones - are there some I should especially pay attention to? (or some I should better ignore? :grin: ) :)

@stemardue
Well, it's not a big problem but if you want to discuss more about it - why not quote the important statements and discuss it further in another thread? It sounds interesting. :)

ReeverDrak
23-03-2009, 02:10 PM
i hope you like the stuff i made, im quite scared about my music being uninteresting and stuff, and as im still learning and that... when it comes to making music i know what sounds good but its the structure it takes i find the hardest to master... and it can affect my confidence a little but i know iv come long way and i hope i can give you what you need for the mod =)

listen to all my track and see what you think.

if there is something you like then say.

if it needs something adding/removing then say*

if there is nothing in my current list that fits the bill then im happy to make a track to specification.

i listed below a time line of my tracks to show my development as a produser> newest first....

Zed, We Have a Bug (21/03/2009 )
Jagged Solice (Mk1) (19/03/2009 )-- (my XTC Submistion)
Axis Of Evil (late 2008, early 2009 )
A love ended (09/2008 )
Betrayer (17/08/2008 ) August was a bad month for me that year....
Tellca (04-05/2008 )
I want to be Remembered (04-05/2008 )

all tracks from the above list are editable.

*the only tracks that can not be edited are the oldest ones listed below>

Everrya
Rame
Shivana

<hr>

i put effects into all my track, Check out my newst one >Zed we have a Bug<

however if you are sayin that maybe >jagged solice< could do with some more bits to it then ok, expand on it so i may change it.... (mod feed back on this aswell) as >jadded solice< is the only track iv made with X3TC:XTC in mind.

and thank for that =), been listening to soem stuff and maybe ill add a more dynamic fadein/out system to that track on some of the darker bits.. Feed back on that..

Thanks all for your support as wellas thanks to stemardue =)

falconsix
02-05-2009, 11:18 AM
Hello,

I have read you are search musicans, so...Here! :P

I currently made the Soundtrack for the Crysis - Mod "Aurora - Maximum Space" and work too as a concept artist at them. It would be Great, if i can help at this mod! I play Keyboard and Piano since i am 4 Years old and i work currently with FL - Studios.

I make movies with Games, too, for an Example, i can show my Youtube - Account: http://www.youtube.com/user/falconsix

greetings
F6

my icq . Number: 395005521

Nforcer_smc
10-05-2009, 07:48 PM
Hello,

i'm new here, to present my Soundtracks. This is my first time to make music.
Now, i have two tracks for you :)

I hope you liked the Soundtrack based Music.
Thanks to "kozaki" because he has advised me that i can present my songs here.

Here are the Tracks:

Tracks on Rapidshare:
Track 1 (http://rapidshare.com/files/231150240/The_real_Love.MP3)
and
Track 2 (http://rapidshare.com/files/231150693/The_Experience.MP3)
[Update]:
Track 3 (http://rapidshare.com/files/231498474/03._The_war.MP3)

and here the Tracks on Megaupload.com (when their don't like Rapidshare):
Track 1 (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NORK2BIS)
and
Track 2 (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5GQZOMCC)
[Update]
Track 3 (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IDPKIUL2)

stemardue
11-05-2009, 09:20 AM
Nforcer, check your PM :)

:xtmflag:

PS: i'd say (listening to The Experience) Mike Oldfield meets Jean Michel Jarre ;)

Nforcer_smc
11-05-2009, 09:28 PM
Thx for your PM. I have write back and i hope you can unterstand my bad english :o (I was in school, unfortunately, not good enough listen :cry:)

dit3456
18-05-2010, 04:42 PM
I picked up Terran Conflict after not playing it for a decade!!! I remembered how aweseome the X-tended was, so i thought: I want to be part of the new mod for TC!!! So hereby I want you guys to know that I'm willing to produce a kick-ass soundtrack for the most awesome mod for x3.

I really hope that i can produce something that exceeds all expectations

So count me in!!!

Xelonir
18-05-2010, 06:09 PM
Thanks for the offer, dit3456. But actually the last post before yours is more than a year old ;) and stemardue has been very active during that year on the music side, creating a great (at least IMO) soundtrack for XTC.

I'll close this thread for now.