PDA

View Full Version : [GAMEPLAY]Less 'roids script & Xtended

alexdefelice
17-12-2006, 10:18 PM
Hey guys just started your mod today. So far, it looks amazing! You guys have fixed so many problems with X3. One question though? Do you know of a less 'roids mod that works with xtended? that's the only thing I really miss from my DDRS game. The other performance tweaks you guys have put in really help (like the PPC edits). Thanks a lot, I'm really looking forward to spending some time with this mod. - ASD

Windows XP Pro 32-bit SP2
AMD Athlon 64 3400+ (socket 754)
ASUS A8N Motherboard
2GB RAM
2x 160GB Samsung SATA's in RAID 0
nVidia GeForce 7800GS
Creative X-FI
LG L1970HR

Syklon
17-12-2006, 10:41 PM
bozeman montana!? GO ICE DOGS! (sorry, i go skiing up in Big Sky and have watched a couple ice dog games :D )

for your rock removing needs you can try this script by Bunny:
http://forum2.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=148622

Star_Raider15
18-12-2006, 12:16 PM
when u say roids what kind of roids do u refer to?
is it the small unimportant ones or is it the large collectibile ones?
but in my oppinion u dont need to feel sad ad the loss of the roids coz they were pretty much useles(assuming u arent an eye-candy kind of guy :lol: )
the extra FPS is much more important in my oppinion

ishmaeltheforsaken
18-12-2006, 08:44 PM
Oh, ASTEROIDS. I keep seeing 'roids and I think 'I can't believe Barry Bonds plays Xtended!'.
But less 'roids (heh, heh) would be fantastic, just 'cause I hate them, and I run into them when I'm flying a ship so effing overtuned that I'm pushing 6000m/s.

Mapper484
18-12-2006, 09:34 PM
I like these little (aste)roids, because they make a sector good looking and flying slalom with a starburst in Ghinns Escape is a lot of fun. And when they“re gone some sectors look empty :( and you can“t get nividium anymore.

alexdefelice
19-12-2006, 05:55 AM
Ok, maybe "asteroids" is the wrong term here. I'm refering to the tiny little frame-rate killing rocks that don't show up on the sector map. If I had a insanely fast machine I wouldn't worry about it. The script by Bunny that Syklon suggested worked wonders for me.

Star_Raider15
20-12-2006, 12:48 PM
im glad to hear it :lol:
truth os that roids r massive fps eaters and even i feel that when im with numerous ships in in a heavily roided sector

Jer
21-12-2006, 05:26 PM
bozeman montana!? GO ICE DOGS! (sorry, i go skiing up in Big Sky and have watched a couple ice dog games :D )

for your rock removing needs you can try this script by Bunny:
http://forum2.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=148622

Hehe, never thought I'd run into people on any forum from Bozeman, MT. That's where I'm at too. ;)

You come up to Big Sky from Texas eh? It's a happening place.

Ice-Dragon
01-01-2007, 09:44 PM
I like them but you guys are right there are to many of them so how about halfing the numbers instead of removing the altogether.

Bunny
09-01-2007, 03:28 PM
The problem is that whatever solution is put forward there will be some that don't like it. Better to just give people the tools at let them tweak things to their needs.

Mishra
09-01-2007, 03:55 PM
Hi Bunny! Good to see you again!! :)

DarkWrath
09-01-2007, 04:03 PM
The same here but let's keep this forum clean. I use the asteroid script too , but I have friends that like them so I doubt it would be a wise choice to just remove them all , because some will cry after them.

Star_Raider15
12-01-2007, 03:57 PM
like me :)
nothing is cooler than flying a scripted in arrow through a dense asteroid field(at full speed) thats just pure adrenaline for the auto-pilot :lol:

Mapper484
12-01-2007, 04:55 PM
like me :)
nothing is cooler than flying a scripted in arrow through a dense asteroid field(at full speed) thats just pure adrenaline for the auto-pilot :lol:

That is one of the reasons X³ is never getting boring. :wink:

Star_Raider15
12-01-2007, 06:23 PM
yeah u r right there
now going back on topic
roids r mainly placed there for estetical reasons(and killing ships IS) because the sectors in x3 were too empty and very dull without them

ezra-r
14-01-2007, 11:09 AM
Bunny has some awesome scripts concerning roid cleansing.. In fact you can erase all small roids (in those you cant use for mines) in one go with one of them..

Also have a script to make your ships shoot small roids too to make them dissapear.. Its good.