PDA

View Full Version : (Outdated) Wanted: General Modder

Aragon Speed
28-11-2009, 02:55 PM
We are looking for someone who would like to get their teeth stuck into modding things in XTC.

This would be good for a person who would like to get into general modding that does not include scripting or modelling.

No experience is needed, but you must be able to work out how things operate within the game yourself. We can offer support with this, but sometimes you will need to investigate an area that we haven't looked at before and figure out what is going on.

A lot of the work will be detailed and meticulous.

spacefueladdict
28-11-2009, 06:22 PM
Hi A-S,

I'd like to put me name down, I have some experience with modding, specifically sector layout, station positioning and such. Also editing t-ship, t-laser, t-bullet & t-missiles so may be able to help with balancing etc.

Would like to get involved and help (in my small way) create another fantastic mod.:mrgreen:

kaffeebohne777
28-11-2009, 06:49 PM
Hi
wow , thats a great possibility to work for a great thing ! :lol:
it would be an honor for me to work with you and the xtc team !
and (also you said its not needed) i have some experience in modding with the X³editor 2. i never tried scripting or modelling but you said thets not nececarry
just tell me what to do !:)

[Pirat] Black Falcon [X]
28-11-2009, 10:08 PM
Well, ballancing of guns, watching out mistakes in T-Files (TShips, TBullets...)
Editing Particles3.pck, Effects.pck
Import/export with Gmax, binding objects to the game Maybe something like this:
EVE Avatar (http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/4241/x3screen00100.jpg) (just an Example)
Also reading Scene Files, creating Bullets... Creating new Guns from Egosofts one...

Well something from everywhere, but not Scripting.
And... I'm able to find mistakes in many entries very fast...

But I'm a bit limited in time, because of school and the final exams, but there will be enough time for that.

greetings
Falcon

Edit: And my engilsh is bad :-P

Diemetius
29-11-2009, 04:49 PM
Yes, [Pirat] Black Falcon [X] is good , i know him at the Seizewell-Forum.

My recommendation !

Greetings Diemetius

Aragon Speed
04-12-2009, 02:22 PM
The team would like to thank everyone who has responded to this job advert. The two positions have now been filled, but we will keep your names in mind for the future if anything else comes up. :)

AS.