PDA

View Full Version : Request M0 for Boron and Teladi?

Bertone
12-12-2010, 11:08 PM
Well' let's start greeting you all, you're probably the best team working to give us new gaming experiences with our favourite game. Thank you! :)

Now, let's go IT...

My question is the same since old X3R X-Tended mod: there will be an M0 for Boron and Teladi?

I know, for a large number of players Boron and Teladi suck, but I really LOVE their bio-tech (Boron) and garbage-like (Teladi) ships, and it would be a real pleasure to see gigantic M0s for these races...

Can you... Sorry, you can certainly do it. The real question is WOULD you do that for this new (TC) version? :o

Snowship
13-12-2010, 04:50 AM
unless I'm mistaken, the teladi & boron M0's are in the XTC trailer (after the levi & paranid m0... the split M0 is there too IIRC)

Xelonir
13-12-2010, 09:22 AM
There are no M0s in XTC ... only M1+ and M2+ :p

Frostbär
19-12-2010, 07:43 PM
Jep, these ships took the place of the M0s
And if u ask me, it is better so^^

The only "real" M0s that ES gave us were the Xenon M0 in X:BTF and the Khaak one at X2: the treat
(They both had a extremely overpowered gun rofl)

The M0s of XTM were in truth only much more powerful versions of the M2 or M1 ship class, same goes for the ES Valhalla (which I will never understand why ist is a M2 even though it has a huge hangar^^)

But yes, this new classes are better and "hit the point" better ;)

greez Frosti

Bertone
25-12-2010, 01:20 AM
Thanks for the answers. I'm sorry for this late reply, but in this period it's difficult to connect (damn' work!)...

I downloaded the trailer, but... There are MANY new ships, and some ones are difficult to cathegorize, because there aren't other ships to compare the size.

In the last trailer where do I see Boron and Teladi M2+s? And how big are they (in my imagination Boron and Teladi ones should be the bigger ships in space, compared to Shark, Orca, Ray, Phoenix and Albatross, probably the biggest ships in vanilla game)?
------
Oh, another little question (please tell me if I'm going OT and if it's better to open another thread):
is it possible to see (maybe in a spoiler section) screens of ALL the new ships in game? That's because I really think XTM modelers were better (please don't lynch me) than ES ones, and I loved new ships!
:D

**EDIT** Bertone, please use the edit button{the one on the bottom right of the screen that looks like a pencil} in future if no-one has posted a reply since your last comment and less then 24hrs have past since you last post. Thank you. NC **END EDIT**

stemardue
25-12-2010, 10:34 AM
That's because I really think XTM modelers were better

Hey there ;) - I'm no modeller myself so i'm not directly affected by that statement, but in a general context i'd say that is quite a stupid thing to say: first because you don't know if the modellers of XTM and XTC are the same, second because you obviously hadn't had the opportunity to analyze any of the models up close.

If it's a personal taste based comment, then please say 'XTC models were better' for you, not the modellers.

If it's a technical comment, then have a look at all the stray vertexes, crossed meshes and screwed up sections the actual modellers had to fix to keep the models a nice sight even with over boosted screen resolutions ;)

Legartius
26-12-2010, 06:58 PM
http://www.exogenesis.co.uk/XModels3DViewerInstaller_2.0.3.3_XTC_Test.exe

If you download that model viewer, you can find the Boron 'M0' under the name Megalodon, as well as all the other ships in the game.

Bertone
29-12-2010, 09:16 PM
Legartius: thank you very much!

:)

stemardue: about the model/modeler... I think it was understandable, it was only an innocent appreciation, not a technical opinion...

;)

@Forum Admin/Mod: sorry for the double-reply!

:)