PDA

View Full Version : Music XTC Soundtrack Virtual CD is here!

stemardue
24-01-2011, 11:35 AM
For all the people who would enjoy listening to XTC original music even out of game, here is a (first) selection of 16 Tracks, remastered and remixed for listening pleasure.

http://www.thexuniverse.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3728&stc=1&d=1295868607

Download as .zip archive (right click, save) here (http://downloads.thexuniverse.us/XTC_Release/Virtual_CD/XTC_Original_Soundtrack.zip)
or
Download torrent (open with a torrent app to download the archive) here (http://downloads.thexuniverse.us/XTC_Release/Virtual_CD/XTC_Original_Soundtrack.torrent)

or get the new lossless (flac) remastered version here (http://downloads.thexuniverse.us/For_fun/XtcOst.7z) (630Mb .7z archive)

Thank you for dl'ing and enjoy your flight!

Stemmy aka Stemardue aka MadMakine

Admiral Scoobing
24-01-2011, 11:41 AM
Nice work just DL it at work and had a quick listen

Kozaki
24-01-2011, 01:00 PM
I would give you some rep... but I cannot :(:lol:

Xenon187
24-01-2011, 02:37 PM
Kozaki seconded. i can't give stemmy some rep.

update just listened to some tracks. nice clear detailed sound but somewhat different from ingame version IMHO. anyway GREAT JOB STEMMY!!!!!!

Lucius Vantarius
24-01-2011, 03:09 PM
I would give you some rep... but I cannot
But I can - and done. ;)

Sniper101
25-01-2011, 06:50 AM
I would give you some rep... but I cannot

that makes three of us..:police:..killer track Stemmy,i already burned the hole Xtended audio file to a cd to listen on the drive to/from work.;) but this is even better
:arrow:O0:larrow:

give this man some rep :kapow:

iniochos
12-02-2011, 07:39 AM
...of course I will give him some rep. These kind of jobs should be rewarded without any hesitation. :)
Well done stemardue. O0

Sam Redstone
18-02-2011, 11:58 PM
It won't let me give him rep, either. Hmm.

But thanks, Stemmy!!!

iniochos
19-02-2011, 11:13 AM
what is the problem with rep ?

NovaCatt
19-02-2011, 11:43 AM
Hiya Peeps, :wave:

iniochos.....
Hiya mate,
It usually means you can't give the same person rep for a few days without also giving rep to someone else.. in other words, most of us here (aka the ones complaining... :p), have given stemmy rep fairly recently & can't give him anymore until we give some to other people first....

So guys, stop whinging about it (:p >:D :lol:) & go give someone else some rep as well, so you can then give signor spacefly his much needed rep.... ;)

Cheers & Thranx

PS Don't panic about it, I'm in the same boat.. I need to give someone else some rep b4 I can give signor spacefly some more as well... ;)

iniochos
19-02-2011, 01:14 PM
OK then.:)
Thanks NovaCatt. :)

stemardue
19-02-2011, 05:37 PM
So guys, stop whinging about it ( ) & go give someone else some rep as well

Ahaaa! I got ya, matey! You want your rep share as well eh? :D

Angryone
11-09-2011, 05:54 PM
Hi:
The music is great but i beleve you've missed a song, Don't know what the name of it is, but it has drums and a rather rock n roll feel to it, makes me think of a nightclub or something...

Aragon Speed
14-09-2011, 08:52 AM
Quite a few are missing as this was a hand-picked selection of only 16 of the tracks Stemmy did. I expect he may do a second selection after 2.0 is out, but that will be up to him.

stemardue
14-09-2011, 09:23 AM
Thanks for your appreciation Angryone :)

As Aragon Speed said, in the 'virtual CD' we picked 16 among all the new tracks i made for the mod, which in total are 46... so yes, i missed more than one ;)

It is possible that after 2.0 release we publish another selection: the CD tracks are slightly different from those used in the mod, having more a song feeling (with an intro and a finale), while the mod ones are optimized for looping.

H-K
14-11-2011, 11:36 AM
I like track 14 Distant Rumbles the most, thank you sir!

ApolloZani
15-11-2012, 02:39 AM
Much thanks are in order, Stemmy, both for creating such fitting music and for making it available to all who simply stumble upon it.

All these songs are fine additions to my playlists and I'm glad to enjoy them even when not playing.

Sam Redstone
15-11-2012, 06:16 AM
Wow, EXACTLY one year from the last post. :lol: Couldn't have timed it better.

Anyway, welcome to TXU, ApolloZani! Great to have you!

I just had to add that I was also listening to these tracks at work tonight, for hours on end. Great stuff.

ApolloZani
15-11-2012, 10:51 AM
Heh! I didn't even notice!

I'm glad for the welcome. I've been intermittently lurking for some time now and the apparently imminent release has made it impossible to remain silent.

Herocrafter
17-11-2012, 05:18 AM
Lovin' the tracks! DL'd 'em a few days ago and have been playing on since. Totally "siced" at the possibility of more from you! Good job. If it were a movie, Siskel and Ebert would pronounce: Two Thumbs up O0 O0

insolent1
20-11-2012, 07:39 PM
Great tunes only problem is after I listened to them, I want to install 1.2 again and I deleted all my old saves:o

Xenon187
13-01-2013, 10:02 PM
Somenecroposting from me. stemardue, can you upload uncompressed version of soundtrack. preferably FLAC in 24(16)/44.1(48 )??

stemardue
14-01-2013, 12:05 AM
can you upload uncompressed version of soundtrack. preferably FLAC in 24(16)/44.1(48 )??

Hi Xenon, welcome back! ^^

I'll see what i can do. I definitely must have the original mixdown in wav format and among my tools i'm sure i'll find one that can convert wav to flac with no loss.

King of the World
14-01-2013, 12:07 AM
Stemmy, I said this a long time ago, but still by entering of special sectors the background music is more than awesome. There are no words which can explain what you composed there. A single thanks is not enough.

Xenon187
14-01-2013, 07:09 AM
you can just upload original and i can convert it to desired format. i have tools for that (dBpoweramp for example).

stemardue
14-01-2013, 01:31 PM
No worries, @Xenon187 (http://www.thexuniverse.com/member.php?u=3184) - i'm re-mastering em directly to flac (originals were wav @96khz 32b and each file is over 120 Mb in size ;) ) - flac is still going to be huge, about 45Mb per file, but i guess i know where to post the whole zip for anyone to dl... i should have some free storage with my ISP - will post the link here as soon as i'm done.

Would it be better a single big zip (630Mb approx) or splitted in multipart zip/rar?
Edit:
The file is up and you can get it here (http://downloads.thexuniverse.us/For_fun/XtcOst.7z)(7z archive containing the 16 tracks of the OST remastered and saved in flac format 44.1 24bit signed - playable even by winamp)

It's on the TXU server so it will stay until Mokonzi (to whom go my big thanks) is willing to keeping it there ;)

Xenon187
15-01-2013, 05:42 AM
Thanks for files. mp3 on my new headphones sounds like [insert bad word here]. Rep for you.

phantomrock2
14-04-2013, 07:38 PM
there's some mighty fine music here in this MOD I find myself sitting in a sector just to hear it.:grin:
Being that I am also a musician I like the sector music in this MOD
it rocks!

I like the Ideals of Freedom a lot it has that analog feel very simple but very clever just LOVE IT!
The Widely Adrift track is also just soooo nice

However there are some missing... where are the battle music files & a few others that has some harp playing it.
There's another one with guitar sounds with lots of reverb
OMG I may be speaking Greek here now

I found the rest of them on the PC platform in ProgramFiles(x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/X3 Terran Conflict/soundtrack