PDA

View Full Version : the goner Aran and the unfocused jumpdrive

Jefardi
13-04-2012, 01:10 PM
I keep on hearing that the Goner Aran can only be acquired by doing unfocused jumps, with the unfocused jumpdrive, however the only way I know how to get the unfocused jumpdrive is through the Goner plot line in Vanilla....so how do you get it in XTC?

Thank you for your time!

Solitas
13-04-2012, 01:25 PM
I don`t think you can get it in XTC at least not in 1.2. as I don`t recall seeing the unfocused jumpdrive being sold anywhere....
Perhaps it will be available in 2.0. but don`t take my word for it....

Aragon Speed
13-04-2012, 01:56 PM
The Aran isn't currently in XTC. Apart from being ugly, the only real benefit is the ability to build ships with it, as we now have player owned SY's and EQD's there is little point in it.

Dillpickle
13-04-2012, 02:28 PM
The UFJD sector is basically a horrible sector do anything with. Everything gets destroyed when the player leaves the sector (hard coded), so apart from use as an Aran 'farming' sector fairly pointless.
Albion Prelude now has code to stop the Aran spawns once the player owns one, so I can see it getting even less use than TC.

That said, it is possible to 'force' the player to another more 'useful' sector via the UFJD. I've been playing around a bit with this, and have a few ideas bubbling around, so you never know...

Jefardi
13-04-2012, 05:19 PM
wait so you got the unfocused drive in XTC 1.2?

Dillpickle
13-04-2012, 07:17 PM
wait so you got the unfocused drive in XTC 1.2?

Not unless they cheated themselves one, and the only place it would take them is an empty sector.

The only way to get one in 2.0 will be via cheating one in, though I wouldn't recommend using it... >:D

Mangar
13-04-2012, 08:19 PM
That said, it is possible to 'force' the player to another more 'useful' sector via the UFJD. I've been playing around a bit with this, and have a few ideas bubbling around, so you never know...

Pissss..... I have a few ideas.>:D within simple respect of exisiting scripts. But I not gonna post here :angel:.

wwdragon
16-05-2012, 03:31 PM
I never found an Aran in vanilla. :x I think it looks awsome. It's a giant glowing dildo, which is hilarious.:lol: It also glows!

That drive would be a hundred times more valuable if they'd made it goto a set of 9 static locations, so that we could have a secret base, of sorts. I used the Ka'ak sectors somewhat like that after operation Final Fury. ;)