PDA

View Full Version : A pirate start

nbolo
12-05-2012, 10:23 AM
Hi guys,

Firstly i'd like to say thank you for this fantastic mod! It feels like a new game, great work!

I am wondering however if there're any pirate game starts knocking about? Or failing that any tips on starting/living the pirate life in X-tended?

I'm currently running:
Ankaris defense system, pirate guild and yaki armada

I'd really love to start in a pirate sector in an m5 or m4 with nothing more than my ship a few PACs and some shields and live a life of scavanging (as inspired by a certain dead is dead squid i read about a few years ago).

Is there anything to this end about? or even a tutorial on how to do it myself?

Thanks for any and all help.
Nbolo

lich+ich
12-05-2012, 12:08 PM
Hi nbolo,

iirc, I read somewhere that there is supposed to be a pirate start in 2.0. Couldn't find the exact post, though. Could be my own wishful thinking ;)
If you want to follow the pirate's way in the current version, I advice you to read Neurotoxins guides.
http://www.thexuniverse.com/threads/21833-Building-an-Empire-the-Pirate-s-Way
Very good advice in there.

Hope I could be of help

Lich

Nemoricus
12-05-2012, 12:24 PM
Neurotoxin's guide seems to be really useful for the aspiring pirate, so like lich-lich I suggest reading it.

Also, if you'll tell me which race you'd like to start in, which ship (M4/M5/whatever you'd like), and how hostile you'd like your universe to start off as, I can set you up with a 1.2 pirate start. An M5 will be harder, because you have to bail fighters until you can buy an M4 of your own, at which point you can begin the lucrative business of raiding shipping. I suggest going after the Paranids for that.

nbolo
12-05-2012, 01:57 PM
That is a v useful guide, thank you!

@ Nemoricus - If you'd be willing to do that i'd be very grateful! paranid sounds good, an M5, a vanguard model maybe? Usual pirate equipment so a full compliment of weapons and shields, engine and rudder tuning as well as a freight scanner, transporter device, and the standard softwares etc.

As for hotility.. disliked by all but pirates yaki and teladi (though not quite so disliked as i'll be shot on sight.. yet)

Thank you so much for this!

Nemoricus
19-05-2012, 04:22 PM
Okay, my finals are finally over and I've had the time to work on this.

So, you were one of the Commonwealth's most feared pirates, and then it all came crashing down around your ears when the empires finally tracked you down. You managed to flee into the expansion region, but you've got nothing more than a scout fighter and a pittance in credits. Well, you did say you love challenge.

As for your standings with each of the races, well, I'll let you find those out as you play. *evil grin*

Just copy the L and director files into your game directory and you'll be good to go.

nbolo
20-05-2012, 11:34 AM
Awesome! not at an X capable computer atm but can't wait to try this out!

Bring on the challange! Finally got my bail settings about right for my game style and now with this start we're ready!

A few question though: universe expansion, how can i set it at fully expanded (being a pirate is tricky with only 1 pirate sector) i've tried running the setexpansion script (enter script editor select the script press L to load it then enter 8 as the input) and it changes nothing, save and reload still nothing...

TMs... my usual procedure is to grab a TP then use it to steal a TM to transport my wingmen around but i don't see ANY flying around do the NPCs use them?

Space fuel and low yield sidearms... I use the passenger > marine script (forgot the auther sorry) but i need space fuel and sidearms... do pirate bases keep a regular supply of these by chance? Only i'm trying to not buy anything from the races (from what you've hinted i wont be able to anyway.

Anyway sorry for all the questions and thank you for everything!

Neurotoxin
20-05-2012, 03:36 PM
If you run Pirate Guild 3, you should be able to acquire space fuel and sidearms from bases (from what I can recall), and pirates should fly Caraval-class military transports. Just pitching in with what I do know after having not played much XTC in about a year.

Nice work on the start, Nemoricus. ;)

nbolo
20-05-2012, 07:36 PM
Hi Neurotoxin, thanks for the tips.

So just the universe expansion then... going to try playing with the script abit more but what i've done so far has had no noticable effect, am i missing something?

H-K
20-05-2012, 11:28 PM
Gosh I thought I could help but just tried setting plugin.XTC.Lib.SetExpansionStage myself and it didnt seem to work either.

Somehow I did it in my game but that was a while back, I selected the plugin.XTC.Lib.SetExpansionStage so it would light up then pressed "L" and it asks for "String Input" where I typed "8" then pressed "Enter".

I remember it was something truly logical and simple that I missed but now forgot what it was and am not sure I can figure it out again quickly so maybe somebody else can point out what we are doing wrong.

Goodluck with your tailormade start!

K.J.
21-05-2012, 02:00 AM
I selected the plugin.XTC.Lib.SetExpansionStage so it would light up then pressed "L" and it asks for "String Input" where I typed "8" then pressed "Enter".
You have to press R to execute the script, not L

H-K
21-05-2012, 08:23 AM
Ofcourse that was it, so logical to not "Load" the script but "Run" it!

nbolo
21-05-2012, 01:43 PM
Right tried that, i hit R to run the script and i get two options for input, "null" or "select ship/station" i can't for the life of me work out when i can manually input "8".

I've no doubt i'm mising something very obvious here...

Cheers
Nbolo

H-K
21-05-2012, 11:02 PM
Select "null" hit enter, another screen pops up, hit enter then in the next screen it asks for input, put 8 there and hit "enter"again

nbolo
22-05-2012, 03:01 PM
I knew i'd be missing something obvious, all sorted now and working perfectly, thank you so much for your help everyone!