PDA

View Full Version : Playing New Horizons untill 2.0 is ready!

H-K
21-06-2012, 01:05 PM
Hi guys,

Like many I am waiting for 2.0 but a while back realised waiting isn't cool, started to ask for updates in the various threads and noticed I wasn't the only one doing this.

No amount of updates will be enough to keep us who wait satisfied because what we really want is to play 2.0 so eventhough this New horizons mod isn't in the same league as XTC the makers still did a good job and created a universe with many new ships, sectors, missions etc.

A.S. at some point posted this link http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=285757 which is the New Horizons mod, if you are bored waiting for 2.0 please give it a try because in my case it made the waiting a whole lot easier.

Install it by a fresh X3TC with updates + bonus pack and then extracting the Mod into your TC folder, it's surely keeping me busy :)

One of the coolest things for me is that their Exchange Guild has a shipyard somewhere, it sells Terran ships that can mount commonwealth weapons and this is just great and very realistic because the common weapons shouldn't be impossible to mount on a Terran ship imo.

It took a long time to find this shipyard though but since the Exchange Guild works with Teladi faction it's not hard to get reputation up so soon I'll be flying around in a Terran M3+ full of HEPT's and PAC's.

Reason for this thread is that I think not everybody has seen A.S his post and it sure helps to kill time when we can explore, trade, build or fight while waiting!

thedada86
22-06-2012, 11:25 AM
Convinced!...and downloaded.

S-P
25-06-2012, 10:04 AM
Looks pretty cool, thanks for the link H-K. This will keep me busy till 2.0 is out.:grin: