PDA

View Full Version : Information Getting back into it after a LONG break - a few q's

Commander PJ
23-06-2012, 11:02 PM
Hi,

I've just got back into playing X and was glad to find that an Xtended mod had been made for TC (I logged a crazy amount of hours with XTM before losing my save game :cry:).

Anyway, I'm currently playing as the Split starting in a Jaguar Raider and am having great fun zipping around in M5 combat. My current aim is to get the OTAS Reaper (although on route I'll upgrade my ship as necessary). I've made my way into Argon space and am building up rep in preparation.

Two questions though:

1) Where can I buy the Otas Reaper?

2) Every time I try to go through the west gate in Sirius Prime I just end up back in the sector. Is this supposed to happen?

Thanks for any help!

H-K
24-06-2012, 12:44 AM
Asking a random OTAS ship for the "Nearest shipyard" when you are in the right sector should be a good start to make it easier to find the OTAS shipyard that sells the Reaper you want.

XTC works with an expanding universe system, it's all explained in the manual but safe to say that sectors open after a certain amount of time has passed so untill your universe enters the next expansion stage that west gate will keep throwing you back into the same sector.

Hope this helps a little but doesn't spoil your fun :)

Commander PJ
24-06-2012, 05:04 AM
Ah I see, just a case of being patient then - I still have to save up the money anyway.

Admittedly I only skipped through the manual - I was eager to get into it! I'll have a deeper read.

Thanks for the feedback!

Eliah
24-06-2012, 05:09 AM
Myep, right at the start each race only has about 4 or so sectors, before the expansion begins. Best recommendation would be to trade/operate in 2 or more races's area, don't confine yourself to just one - it is more to travel, but you then can build up rep with them both and simply see more stuff.

Vhyle
24-06-2012, 11:16 PM
PJ, you should be a pirate. There is a nice Skiron and two Reapers usually just sitting still in one spot, all next to each other, in Sirius 3 I believe. Be a pirate, jack them ships for yourself, and leave like you dunno what they are talking about :D. Neuro would say the same thing, and probably will when he catches wind of this thread right here. He doesn't play hardly at all anymore, shame really cuz his guides could use a fixer up, seriously Neuro.

Anyway, if you want em for free, fix the bailing to 70% for M6's and hull to 100% and 90% equipment, shoot it with ions until he bails out. Works every single time, at least for me it does. I've nabbed the Reaper and the Skiron like that, from the same place. I like the Skiron more because I like more turrets on my ships, and I feel it's pretty decent practice for an M7. Skiron's got a decent amount of turrets, too. It's my personal ship right now.

EDIT: You can highlight over the yellow spoiler box to see what I am talking about, it's real easy.