PDA

View Full Version : Information aldrin sectors

rekryt
05-07-2012, 11:21 AM
are they supposed to be without stations or is my installation bugged?

Eliah
05-07-2012, 11:22 AM
Not bugged, yeah, those sectors are empty and devoid of anything.

rekryt
05-07-2012, 11:57 AM
i see, thanks. I suppose i will start conquering all those aldrians sectors.... mwhahahaah... XD

Vhyle
06-07-2012, 02:08 AM
They are fabulous pirate hunting grounds, because the local authorities do not care. Just don't attack Aldrin ships or you can if you just don't care. Sometimes, and it's only been a few times I've seen it happen, the Yaki will go all out on the Aldrin which is fun to watch. All in all, I make a lot of money in those sectors just by capping alone.

Nemoricus
06-07-2012, 02:29 AM
Bean, the sector just north of Holy Pathway, is an especially good place to hunt. There's a lot of traffic that flows through it and there a lot of Paranid ships in particular. Also, there are three stations there, a shipyard, a military outpost, and a Goner trading post. So, not only can you sell your captures on-site, you can equip any of the ones you want to keep.

However, you can't build reputation with the Aldrin, so you can't buy any ships there and some of the more important upgrades, like jumpdrives, can't be equipped there. Lastly, watch out for the Yaki if you start as Terran, since they'll shoot you on sight.

Solitas
06-07-2012, 09:21 AM
Not bugged, yeah, those sectors are empty and devoid of anything. I remember reading in older posts that in 2.0 we will see Aldrian stations and ships, also the reputation system will be fixed.

Aragon Speed
06-07-2012, 09:30 AM
I remember reading in older posts that in 2.0 we will see Aldrian stations and ships, also the reputation system will be fixed.

Yep.

lich+ich
06-07-2012, 05:42 PM
However, you can't build reputation with the Aldrin

You can, if you turn on the "Dynamic Rep" - AL Plugin and increase your rep with Argons. Just be careful not to be too aggressive against Argon and Boron ships (or turn the plugin off after you reached a high enough rank with Aldrin ;) )

Hope I could be of help :)

Lich

Vhyle
07-07-2012, 08:30 AM
You can, if you turn on the "Dynamic Rep" - AL Plugin and increase your rep with Argons. Just be careful not to be too aggressive against Argon and Boron ships (or turn the plugin off after you reached a high enough rank with Aldrin ;) )

Hope I could be of help :)

Lich

I had no idea about that. I may have to do a play through where I'm not a pirate, or a pseudo pirate, just not attack argon and boron ships. I've been wanting to do a game where I'm not so much a pirate, and more of a mission runner, and setting up automated trade and some stations of my own that actually contribute to the economy within the game. Might have to try this out with that dynamic rep on.

Urizen
17-07-2012, 06:35 AM
IIRC you can still be a pirate with dynamic rep on, you just have to make sure you donīt attack argon or boron ships. and if you donīt want to loose rep with Telade, Split or Paranid, just go for Terran ships only. The more Rep you loose with the Terrans, the more Rep you will gain with the other races, as absolutely noone (except for the Goners, but who cares about them anyway) likes em :D .

Vhyle
23-07-2012, 09:45 PM
Nice, yeah and there's a couple sectors down south of Terran space that are ripe for pirating. Vow of Allegiance I believe it is. There are some juicy targets that the Terrans fly, and some nice combat ships you could obtain from them as well, let alone the weapon systems. I hadn't thought of a play through like that, and I dislike the Paranid and Terrans alike, so I might just take both of them on (unless Paranid rep is linked with Teladi).

Nemoricus
23-07-2012, 10:33 PM
Only if you have dynamic rep on will they be linked, so if you leave that plug-in off, pick on whoever you like. Just don't make everyone angry at you.

LordOfMarzipan
22-11-2012, 09:05 PM
Talking of Aldrin sectors, I vaguely remember there being another Aldrin sector hidden north of Armstrong? If so does anyone know how to find it? If I once did, I've forgotten now!

Nemoricus
23-11-2012, 05:02 AM
Yes, it's called Tortuga, and it's home to the Yaki's home shipyard. It can be found through a jumpgate just off the north end of Armstrong's map when zoomed out. M5 pings will help to find it.

LordOfMarzipan
23-11-2012, 12:12 PM
Thanks for that, I'd completely forgotten about that ability!