PDA

View Full Version : About pirates reputation.

rekryt
07-07-2012, 09:01 AM
well, i know this isn't the right post to ask this, but i didn't want to start another thread. So, i am playing as a pirate, or let's say corsar. i have a good relationship with the pirate so they are all blue to me, but it happened that after i made the split really mad at me, suddendly the boneheads started attacking me. are they related to split rep also other than pirate?

*** better to open a new thread in this case ;) *** /end edit

H-K
07-07-2012, 12:02 PM
To answer your question: Yes, the Boneheads are a Split pirate faction and thus linked to Split reputation aswell.

It is possible to be hated by Split and liked by the Boneheads but it requires some work now you hunted their Split cousins :)

rekryt
07-07-2012, 12:15 PM
i see, ok another question then, is it possible to totally eradicate a pirate faction?

H-K
07-07-2012, 12:57 PM
Don.t think that is doable since pirates will spawn just like the main races, you could raze their sectors and keep patrols picking off anything that spawns but totally eradicting them so you won't find a single Bonehead ever again isn't possible far as i know

Aragon Speed
08-07-2012, 07:08 AM
Even if you destroy their base, they will eventually build a new one in another sector. ;)

Raider480
08-07-2012, 10:14 AM
STO (personally about my favorite script ever) is noted as having built-in compatibility with XTC, and has a respawn suppression feature against the previous sector owner. I've found this to be very effective at taking over the eastern Pirates block (Nividium Rush maybe?) by the Teladi sectors to support some weapons production (Xenon of course, having modified one whole script like a champ 8)).
If the Boneheads are only spawning from those select Pirates sectors described as Boneheads havens, would taking these over stop specifically the Boneheads from appearing? I'm not familiar with the scripting that dictates this behavior but AS probably is. To be sure though STO works for me except in rare cases where a N or Scout randomly spawns for no apparent reason, but this usually stops after a few kills of them. The space creatures feature I've found needs to be disabled though, or else they'll magically spawn in your fully mapped, patrolled, satellite-blanketed bastions of industrial production to break things.

lich+ich
08-07-2012, 12:13 PM
I've thought about that before, too, but haven't tried it yet.
What may be a problem is that I experienced not only Bonehead pirates but also Sharks/Salamanders patrolling in ALL of the sectors they share with the Boneheads.
So the pirate space boardering Split as well as Boron/Teladi territory contained both pirate factions in every sector at some point. Not sure if they have one specific spawning sector each or if they spawn in each sector.
So if it is really "shared" territory, one would have to erradicate not only Boneheads but also Sharks and the Salamanders north of Teladi space.

Hope I could be of help :)

Lich

rekryt
08-07-2012, 09:24 PM
it seems that those pirates have really tight bonds with each other... if i recall in my memory correctly, the old pirates didn't think twice before jumping at each other throat in the past. Oh well, they're a big happy family in space! XD

H-K
09-07-2012, 12:47 AM
it seems that those pirates have really tight bonds with each other... if i recall in my memory correctly, the old pirates didn't think twice before jumping at each other throat in the past. Oh well, they're a big happy family in space! XD

You are correct and I wonder if someone from the team can tell us if in 2.0 the Sharks won't be best friends with Boneheads anymore because I find it rather strange that they easily fly around in eachother's sectors without being attacked.

Boneheads are sort of related to the Split and Sharks to the Boron so there should be some animosity between them imo. but I know many of those scripts weren't ready when 1.2a came out so i have high hopes for the next release :)

K.J.
10-07-2012, 12:43 AM
Boneheads are sort of related to the Split and Sharks to the Boron so there should be some animosity between them imo.
There is only one pirate faction, no matter what name they might have-> no animosity. X3 doesn't allow adding more races (we already hit some borders with the aldrin faction as you might have noticed)

H-K
10-07-2012, 06:59 PM
There is only one pirate faction, no matter what name they might have-> no animosity. X3 doesn't allow adding more races (we already hit some borders with the aldrin faction as you might have noticed)

Thanks for the info K.J. but now things get really interesting because if there is only 1 pirate faction then how is it possible that rekryt's Boneheads turned angry after killing Split but the other pirates still seemed to be friends with him.

If I'm not mistaken it's possible to be hated by some pirates and liked by others, how can that be if they are all 1 faction?

It looks like that 1 pirate faction has been split into divisions somehow.

stemardue
10-07-2012, 07:15 PM
how can that be if they are all 1 faction?

One thing i noticed even in Vanilla is that when you are on a very low rep level with a faction (but not so low as to have all of them red on sight), if you do something adding more negative points to your rep, then all those who are close to you become red and can start purchasing you. You could sometimes get em blue again by apologizing to their patrol leader or to one by one of em if they are not a patrol. Now i don't remember/am not sure if the apologize option is still working - but that's another matter.

What i am saying is that you can have some ships of a faction hostile to you and some other not (I had that happen in particular with terrans). At least for some time. The problem is that once some are red they will probably attack you on sight and if you return fire that will always be seen as a hostile act by that faction, so in time it's likely that your rep will keep dropping with em.

Finally keep in mind that even some stray shots that land on a station will make it hostile (after some warnings if your rep is high), and that too can cause the progressive degradation of your rep with a race/faction.

Don't take my words as pure truth, i am just thinking of a possible explanation for what has been asked above ;)