PDA

View Full Version : Any news on 2.0

stompy
25-07-2012, 11:44 AM
Hi,

Been away for a while and expected to see 2.0 there for download.
Aparently not :cry:
Any idea when it wiil be there guys?

Andy

KromaZone
25-07-2012, 12:02 PM
I can definitely tell you it will be sometime in the future :lol:

Solitas
25-07-2012, 12:29 PM
Been away for a while and expected to see 2.0 there for download. We all want to see it in the download section, but until they fix all those game stopping bugs or nuisances, all we can do is wait and hope.
Giving us an ETA is pointless when you cannot know for sure how long it will gonna take to fix this or that and who knows, maybe another bug will emerge once you fix this or that.
Also, keep in mind they are not getting paid to do this, even so they sacrifice their free time to deliver us something awesome and as bug free as possible and the download is free.
My point is: Have patience and have faith, great things come to those who are patient... :)

NovaCatt
25-07-2012, 12:32 PM
Hiya Peeps, :wave:

stompy.... Hey stomp, good to see ya back here again! O0

We (by "We" I'm referring to the guys actually working on the Mod, rather then lazy good for nothings such as myself... :rofl:) are hoping to get it out sometime in the next few weeks... Note: I can't give you guys any proper timetable as to the actual release date of this mod as I have nothing to do with the mod...

It's currently undergoing closed/in-house Beta-Testing as we speak, where they're trying to iron out any major game breaking bugs they find.. no doubt there may be the odd minor bug that crops up once the mod's released, but that's normally squashed fairly fast once the guys get their mitts on it.... ;)

Cheers & Thranx

H-K
25-07-2012, 09:49 PM
We (by "We" I'm referring to the guys actually working on the Mod, rather then lazy good for nothings such as myself... :rofl:) are hoping to get it out sometime in the next few weeks... Note: I can't give you guys any proper timetable as to the actual release date of this mod as I have nothing to do with the mod...

It's currently undergoing closed/in-house Beta-Testing as we speak, where they're trying to iron out any major game breaking bugs they find.. no doubt there may be the odd minor bug that crops up once the mod's released, but that's normally squashed fairly fast once the guys get their mitts on it.... ;)

Hell Yeah!!!

That's some enticing info man, no need for a timetable because we all know the drill by now but hearing the team has good hopes of releasing 2.0 makes me smile :)

Ambientus
27-07-2012, 09:26 AM
Thanks for the update NovaCatt.

I was starting to lose hope.

mtoomb
28-07-2012, 11:24 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you... "the next few weeks" is the best news I've heard all day! Heck, all year! :)

rook823
29-07-2012, 08:14 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you... "the next few weeks" is the best news I've heard all day! Heck, all year! :)

Same thing I wanted to say!!! :jump:

:xtcflag:

insolent1
06-08-2012, 04:31 PM
+1:grin:

Xydonus
06-08-2012, 04:54 PM
Will get the noose ready, just encase the next few 'weeks' pass uneventful... :P

thedada86
06-08-2012, 05:17 PM
Will get the noose ready, just encase the next few 'weeks' pass uneventful... :P

ready for whom? NC or yourself?

Mangar
06-08-2012, 06:46 PM
LOL, make puppet string and make NC do us a dance till its ready >:D ....... Gotta keep the minions happy till then ;) Maybe a stockade and have a vegtable toss :rofl:

My luck, they will stick me in it first since I have not been around since May-June helping out and have no ground to stand on. But as of Yesterday I am back again to help out.

thetack
07-08-2012, 11:02 AM
are u guys going to play nice and give us some hints on what we are going to get as goodies in 2.0 or are you going to make us wait for everything, i dont mind the wait but a screeny once in a while of some of your great work would make it more enjoyable after all its the tease that makes the difference from a girl taking of her clothes and a fun spectator sport :rolleyes:

Bishop149
07-08-2012, 11:39 AM
I check in here about once a month to see if 2.0 is out yet. . . "few weeks" eh?
Well good but I won't get too excited I remember when it was "definitely before Christmas"

NovaCatt
07-08-2012, 11:41 AM
are u guys going to play nice and give us some hints on what we are going to get as goodies in 2.0 or are you going to make us wait for everything, i dont mind the wait but a screeny once in a while of some of your great work would make it more enjoyable after all its the tease that makes the difference from a girl taking of her clothes and a fun spectator sport :rolleyes:

thetack...... tsk-tsk-tsk... :p
You know the guys aren't going to do that sort of thing, you know they're gonna make us wait on the edges of our seats for every crumb of info they may have to offer to us... Isn't that right, Aragon Speed?.... ;)

Bishop149... Hiya mate, it WILL be out before Christmas... which year is another matter entirely... :p :rofl:

Cheers & Thranx

Mangar
07-08-2012, 07:03 PM
Isn't that right, Aragon Speed ?....
Oh boy, there you go,... Calling AS to view a post load with 4 letter words like... "When"..."Date"...."Time"...."WILL"...."year"

Its those things which get threads on a rant for a deadline, of which AS comes like death and sickles them away...:ninja:

thetack
08-08-2012, 07:40 AM
will it help mangar if i bring in more stripper referances and i didnt ask for those four letter words but the ones screen shots and they are six and five letters :mrgreen:

Vhyle
08-08-2012, 08:43 AM
All you have to do is utter Aragon Speed and he comes like the four horse men to reap the apocalypse into threads such as these.

mnanderson
28-08-2012, 04:32 AM
I'm pretty sure I'll be picking the Terran start again; looking forward to being back on the bridge of the Neil Armstrong.

Solitas
28-08-2012, 07:24 AM
I'm pretty sure I'll be picking the Terran start again
I`m more interested in the new starts 2.0 has to offer.
I remember accidentally(under the influence of too many beers) opening a file in XTC (cannot remember which) and seeing some other starts(disabled) besides the ones we have in 1.2.
I remember reading about Pirate starts, Xenon and others(with m3, m6 starting ships etc.)
If my interpretation of that file is correct, then 2.0 will really, really keep me interested.

Tritous
03-09-2012, 06:32 AM
the four horsemen? Isn't that Manger, NC, trooper and myself (aka spam, spam, spam and death, where spam = famine, pestilence and war all in 1)

I've been waiting for 2.0 for a while, can't wait to see just what magic they've achieved, to me 1.2 was more of a teaser compared to what is to come

Xydonus
09-09-2012, 11:54 AM
I'm going to make a prediction on the release for 2.0 ... Christmas!

It will be out this Xmas, how do I know?

Because I've asked Santa for 2.0 and he hasn't let me down once...

Mangar
09-09-2012, 12:19 PM
I'm going to make a prediction on the release for 2.0 ... Christmas!

It will be out this Xmas, how do I know?

Because I've asked Santa for 2.0 and he hasn't let me down once...

That will only work if Santa sends over half a dozen elves to the project to magically fix any bugs that might pop up.

E.mergency L.abor F.rom S.anta.

How ever if LOTR unexpected journey Comes out first guys might get lost playing stuff like that and other toys till they remember to keep testing and making xtc. Lol.

K.J.
09-09-2012, 12:49 PM
That will only work if Santa sends over half a dozen elves
That sounds as if the plans to release are after christmas mangar... that is not true, unless you know more then i do.

Crellion22
10-09-2012, 10:28 AM
I feel like sticking my palms on my ears and shouting lalalalalalalalalalalalallalal

Unfortunately I can still read when I do that :cry:

Hey I have an idea!!!! How about a v.1.3 out now???? :p:lol::grin:

mtoomb
10-09-2012, 04:25 PM
I'm not holding my breath. I stand in awe of the team and the xtc crew, but it's been a few weeks for well over two years now... So yeah, my prediction- Christmas will come and go and neither XTC or Rebirth will see the light of day (if they ever really do). It's a cunning plan really to release 1.2 build and then watch to see how long people squirm. Only problem is you guy will have to change your name to Rockstar Games. :)

But seriously... I'm tired of paying for Eve Online, I need a space-combat-fix man... give me that good 2.0 dope and I'll mainline it straight into my neck! I'll sell my kids! I'll throw 2.0 in a suitcase, toss it in the trunk, and drive for the Mexican border as fast as I can!

Aragon Speed
10-09-2012, 06:46 PM
I'll throw 2.0 in a suitcase, toss it in the trunk, and drive for the Mexican border as fast as I can!

Like this?

http://www.foreignexchangeservice.co.uk/mexican-peso/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/san_diego-mexican_border.jpg

Or maybe like this?

http://www.oxfamblogs.org/fp2p/wp-content/uploads/US-Mexican-border.jpg

Most likely to be this though...

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_content_width/hash/0f/b1/1334944179_Border%20Patrol%20officer%20pats%20down %20Mexican%20woman%20before%20sending%20her%20back %20home.jpg

H-K
10-09-2012, 11:25 PM
Nice pic AS, lucky it wasn't the guy feeling you up there :)

Mangar
11-09-2012, 07:36 AM
That sounds as if the plans to release are after christmas mangar... that is not true, unless you know more then i do.

:rofl: Nope, I was just trying to point out any hope that Santa has anything to do with it is a long shot.......
.....However if Santa holds back giving STUFF to the "Dev Team" and "beta testers" till it is complete, might be an incentive >:D but hopefully that's not the case ;)

Crellion22
11-09-2012, 08:34 AM
:rofl: Nope, I was just trying to point out any hope that Santa has anything to do with it is a long shot.......
.....However if Santa holds back giving STUFF to the "Dev Team" and "beta testers" till it is complete, might be an incentive >:D but hopefully that's not the case ;)

Funny you should say this... see at the time I though it was the alcohol but now... I might as well share... Santa came to me after a long Don Julio session two nights ago and said that I should pass on the message to AS and the XTC team members that if they have 2.0 out by Xmas he would make them VERY happy... I said what kind of happy and he said let's just say for example that this is the only chance Mangarwill ever have of being nekid with Bar Rafaeli...

Needless to say I havent tuched the stuff since...

thedada86
11-09-2012, 10:19 AM
Needless to say I havent tuched the stuff since...

A really good idea...

Aragon Speed
11-09-2012, 01:11 PM
Nice pic AS, lucky it wasn't the guy feeling you up there :)

The very nice female officer and I came to... uh... an agreeable arrangement later. ^^

Crellion22
12-09-2012, 07:10 AM
The very nice female officer and I came to... uh... an agreeable arrangement later. ^^

What? That you stop leering and in return she ll let you in the US of A and look the other way?

thedada86
12-09-2012, 10:28 PM
and in return she ll let you in the US of A and look the other way?

in? no no...out of the US...:yes:

Xydonus
13-09-2012, 01:35 PM
Hang on...

Is Novacatt the same Novacat that is over at the Paradox Interactive forums, who is a member of the ICE team?

stemardue
13-09-2012, 02:44 PM
Ok, ok

Now... let's all go back to on-topicness, or i'll be forced to start whamming and --- err... ok i'll have to lock the thread.

Last warning ;) - don't post just to reply to this 'moderator' post.

NovaCatt
13-09-2012, 05:59 PM

Oi spammy, down boy.. :p I'm going OT slightly here... ;)

Interesting.... so someone else is using a name very similar to mine, eh? :shock:
In light of this interesting bit of info, I'm taking this topic up with Xy via PM, so we don't spam spammy in this thread & thusly making sure he doesn't go all whammy on us......... :p

You may now resume talking amongst yourselves again, so long as it's on topic.... ;)

Cheers & Thranx

Crellion22
14-09-2012, 06:06 AM
AS and team a bit early I know but what about a little note with tidbits from the virtual office? How is the bug hunting going? Are you keeping all shield types? Is the balance looking good.

Also how about a sneak preview of the "new" TP+ luxury yachts? Do they have any serious armament up front in this versions or ar they still the "HEPT Battleships" like in 1.2r? Can you divulge anything about the ways you have chosen to differentiate between them?

Has there been any adverse or benefecial influence on your schedule since the last update? (the one about developement issues not the one about your adventures with the ummm female police person)

K.J.
14-09-2012, 06:18 PM
Do they have any serious armament up front in this versions or ar they still the "HEPT Battleships" like in 1.2r?
They will never have corvette firepower as they are luxury personel transports

Crellion22
19-09-2012, 12:29 PM
They will never have corvette firepower as they are luxury personel transports

In that case sir and despite the outmost respect for the work of the team overall I must accuse you of having made a mockery of the poor Hyperion and fond memories of most of us...

K.J.
19-09-2012, 01:15 PM
I must accuse you of having made a mockery of the poor Hyperion and fond memories of most of us...
Standard procedure of maany player in TC: Find M3 xyz Prototype, then get marines, find and board Hyperion, fly that till the end of days. In the future (2.0) you are presented with alot of choices instead of 1 uber ship that beats em all. With all those new models it would be stupid to do the Hyperion thing. I said "no firepower as M6", but that doesn't mean that they will not change in 2.0

Crellion22
19-09-2012, 01:19 PM
Standard procedure of maany player in TC: Find M3 xyz Prototype, then get marines, find and board Hyperion, fly that till the end of days. In the future (2.0) you are presented with alot of choices instead of 1 uber ship that beats em all. With all those new models it would be stupid to do the Hyperion thing. I said "no firepower as M6", but that doesn't mean that they will not change in 2.0

To be honest in TC Springblossom did it for me not Hyp. but that doesnt change the fact that it was all I ever flew in X3:R (with LX under the wing). In any event I agree balance wise... my comment was of a sentimental nature...

ludicer
30-09-2012, 06:07 PM
Just wondering.. Why don't you guys slowly release some info?.. a screenshot/week, a single new feature/week and the manual when you're really close to launch... It would keep us busy, and revoke interest and activity in the forum...

Solitas
30-09-2012, 06:30 PM
Just wondering.. Why don't you guys slowly release some info?.. a screenshot/week, a single new feature/week and the manual when you're really close to launch... It would keep us busy, and revoke interest and activity in the forum... Yeah that could work. Something like ``hey today we discovered a bug that crashes/freezes the game, working on a fix as we speak, or as:cry: ludicer mentioned, some eye candy from time to time to give us hope.
We`re not growing impatient or anything (cough) and I`m pretty sure this has been debated in previous posts, but what I`m trying to say is: Give a guy something! Be honest or just lie to me but give me something to hang on too T_T

thetack
01-10-2012, 07:57 AM
or alternatively dont worry about wasting time giving out information to the impatient and concentrate on giving us a bug free game at no cost to any of us 8)
i go for that option keep up the good work guys and get them bugs ;)

Crellion22
01-10-2012, 11:43 AM
Yeah that could work. Something like ``hey today we discovered a bug that crashes/freezes the game, working on a fix as we speak, or as:cry: ludicer mentioned, some eye candy from time to time to give us hope.
We`re not growing impatient or anything (cough) and I`m pretty sure this has been debated in previous posts, but what I`m trying to say is: Give a guy something! Be honest or just lie to me but give me something to hang on too T_T

http://www.thexuniverse.com/threads/22595-XTC-news-24th-December-2011?p=212731#post212731

8)

Xydonus
03-10-2012, 10:21 AM
or alternatively dont worry about wasting time giving out information to the impatient

To be honest, I think everyone has been relatively patient compared to other mods out there, and games even if you wanted to include those.

mtoomb
03-10-2012, 06:22 PM
"or alternatively dont worry about wasting time giving out information to the impatient and concentrate on giving us a bug free game at no cost to any of us " Impatient?! Chiggidy-check yourself before you wreck yourself there bub. The people on this forum are THE most patient people I have EVER SEEN on the internet. They are respectful, courteous, and VERY patient in their posts, replies, and attitudes. I don't know if you've ever visited other forums where trolls lurk in shadows waiting for the slightest splash in their little end of the big pond. Those kind of people would be all over this forum , mocking people for their techniques, understandings, and grip on the English language. You'd see all kinds of posts about "Jesus, we realize you're not getting paid to do this, but step it up a little... We'd like to play 2.0 sometime before the planets align and the darkness creeps across the land. Or at least before X: Rebirth comes out." But no, instead you get "Hey guys, I know you're working hard and have exams and stuff... But we'd all sure appreciate a little info, you know, when you get around to it, no biggie...."

You're not giving the people on this forum enough credit, so I'm trolling you. LOL. Anyway, love the game, keep up the good work, and let's all hope we see 2.0 in 2012!

Ambientus
06-10-2012, 04:04 PM
or alternatively dont worry about wasting time giving out information to the impatient and concentrate on giving us a bug free game at no cost to any of us 8)
i go for that option keep up the good work guys and get them bugs ;)

It doesnt take more then 5 minutes to save a screenshot and or post a quick update on the forums.

Just sayan.

Nemoricus
06-10-2012, 04:41 PM
It takes considerably more than five minutes, since you have to first make sure that you have a good picture, possibly discuss with the rest of the team about whether it's one you should release, and maybe do some cropping and such to get it ready for public display. Of course, if you don't have a good picture on hand, it could take much longer to make one.

A good text update also has the 'Is this something we want to talk about right now?' aspect to it.

So, while I'd appreciate more updates myself, making them does take away from time they can spend working on XTC into what will surely be the finest mod X3:TC will ever see.

superdave
31-10-2012, 06:20 AM
dang, i was under the impression that time actually flowed backwards while posting forum updates regarding the status of project development as a way to gain more time for the actual development of the mod itself lol... anyway, just popped in to see progress and do some well wishing and such! keep up the good work guys, im still drooling in anticipation!

insolent1
20-11-2012, 07:44 PM
An update on the main egosoft forums seems we have a confirmed file size

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=293490&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=4350

So hopefully a November relese:lol:

Aragon Speed
21-11-2012, 11:57 AM
An update on the main egosoft forums seems we have a confirmed file size

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=293490&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=4350

So hopefully a November relese:lol:
And ironically it is here on our official forums too.

http://www.thexuniverse.com/threads/22595-XTC-news-24th-December-2011/page29

insolent1
21-11-2012, 04:20 PM
I must have missed that, anyway stop replying to posts and get back to work :lol:

***edit: my oh my... that explains much about your nickname :D :D :D /end edit

Tritous
26-11-2012, 06:30 AM
As usual, in spite of waiting a couple of years, the idea of waiting a couple more weeks is mindwarping

Perkel
14-12-2012, 10:26 PM
I've been lurking as quest on those forums for a long time and i want to say two things:

1. X3TC is amazing game especially with all those patches
2. XTC mod is simply amazing in my opinion. What struck me the most was this space porn with every sector.
I mean almost every sector is wallpaper worthy and i have as wallpaper one of screenshots.

I can't wait for 2.0 version ! Keep up good work.

mtoomb
15-12-2012, 01:01 AM
I purposely haven't come to this forum in over a month in hopes that when I logged on I'd have a game to play. Dang it! Someday we'll get these enigmatic continuations of the X universe. I haven't heard anything about X:Reunion in six months either - But you guys should totally show up the Egosoft team and get 2.0 out first. =)

Oh well, back to Eve Online in the meantime... Dang pay for play.

Xydonus
15-12-2012, 11:24 AM
I
Oh well, back to Eve Online in the meantime... Dang pay for play.

Well, the great thing about Spreadsheets Online is you can earn enough isk in the game to essentially pay for the subscription with plex's...

2Blackhawk
24-12-2012, 08:20 AM
thread fulfilled its purpose