PDA

View Full Version : Mods How to make Aldrin sectors spawning ATF ships instead of Argon

dertien
07-08-2012, 04:25 PM
Hello,

I have a little question, and I hope it's the right forum I am asking it in.
'
I'm getting started slowly with modding X3TC and especially loved X-tended (from back in the day it was released for Reunion). What I would want to do basically is swap the Argon ships (M1's, Novas, etc...) for ATF ships (the ships with the norse names) in Aldrin sectors.

I have checked the "jobs" file and spawning the ships I like there works like a charm, but after 20 seconds or so after a new game has started, Argon military ships start to populate the Aldrin sectors. Can anyone tell me here how I could change those to ATF ships and what file(s) I should be looking at to edit ?

Thank you very much.

Dertien

Mangar
08-08-2012, 11:45 AM
dertien, Sorry there has been no reply. Its greeat that you are trying to do such a thing. X3TC 1.2 was a release to let people see what is coming. The 2.0 is a knock out compared to 1.2. I have not tested 1.2 for a long time but can not remember if there was ATF in aldrin space or even in Terran space, but they are in Terran space and more of them.

If you are thinking to have more to in game to board or cap, you might find that 2.0 will give you just that. IF you are trying to fill the viod of missing ships to make them feel more active, aldrin sectors will be awsome when you get to 2.0.

Last note, knowing that 2.0 one must start a new game since 1.2 has many add ons and changes, if you make the changes in 1.2, they might not work or conflict with 2.0 if you are making a script to carry over to 2.0.

I am not privlaged to point out details, but you might just want to wait and see 2.0. However I am not discourageing you to NOT dabble in scripts, actually go for it to better yourself and maybe add stuff later as mod scripts.

Cheers

dertien
08-08-2012, 12:44 PM
Hi, thanks for your post.

What I actually wanted to play around with is to give the Aldrians a fleet of their own since they are a unique race in Xtended. You probably saw Cadius' ship pack on the forum which contains new ships for the Terrans mostly and a couple of ships for other races (http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=269847 for screenshots.)

His Terran ship pack looks the dogs bollox and feels more "military" than the Vanilla X3TC military ships. If you have a close look at the vanilla Yokohama for example, you will see that it is a civilian transport ship with 2 cockpits attached to the port and starboard side of the hull.

http://www.x3reunion.game-infoz.de/Images/schiffe/M7/yokohama.jpg

What I wanted ingame, was a clear distinction between Terran military and civilian ships. Thanks to Cadius' X-tra ship pack that was possible.

His Terran ship pack fits in nicely with the X3TC vanilla stations design and paint jobs, and it "feels right", so at first I started swapping out Terran vanilla ships with Cadius' ships, keeping game balance in mind of course, using X-tended as a base vanilla game, on top of that, cadius's ship pack cat/dat and on top of that my cat/dat file with an ammended tships and tdocks file that would use both mods. Because I was only swapping 3d models out, they show up perfectly in X-tended and also work correctly.

Then I was thinking, what the heck, why not give the Aldrians a new sort of start, as an independent colony from the Terrans, not wanting to be patronized by them anymore, with ships of their own. The Terran ships (Those with Norse god names used first in x-tended Reunion) were a pretty logical choice. So, I saw the Aldrians as a kind of space borne people, independent from the Terrans, with Aldrin, Armstrong and Collins being their National Heroes, just like (Gagarin used to be for the Russians), protecting their territorial space with their Aldrian Task Force of Valhalla's, Odins, Vidars, Hels and Snotras.

This meant we would have 3 different Human Factions (Terran, Aldrian, Argon) that could either be friends or enemies to each other, and create different game starts as well, and that in an expanding universe, that is not there in Vanilla.

I played around with the jobs file from the X-tended mod and could swap the necessary ships out there, but in the Aldrin sectors, Argon ships still spawn there. Since that part has been scripted in by the X-tended crew I posted the question here to shed some light on what files I should take a look at.

NovaCatt
08-08-2012, 01:21 PM
Hiya Peeps, :wave:

Ahh, now I understand what you're after... ;)
You may be interested to know Cadius has plans to tweak his Mod so it's compatible with :xtcflag: 2.0 once it's been released, the only hold up with that is: :xtcflag: is still currently undergoing final beta testing... (the guys are making sure that the new stuff they've introduced to 2.0 will work properly, I will say one of the things they've changed/added is all new TP+ ships to compliment the boron Angel {currently the only TP+ ship in 1.2a}, if you want to get a sneak preview of what the new TP+ ships look like, you can find them in AP 2.5 {Albion Prelude} &/or on the ES forum {in the form of screenshots}.. ;))

We are hoping to release the mod in the next few weeks once everything is sorted out bugwise... NOTE: I am unable to provide a time/date as to when the mod is released as I have nothing to do with the work going in the mod....

Oh & before I forget.. Welcome to the forum!! :jump:
May you enjoy your time spent both here on the forum & in playing the game! O0 (If you haven't already, please take a few moments to familiarize yourself with our forum guidelines, which can be found here (http://www.thexuniverse.com/threads/11533-Forum-Rules-%28aka-The-Split-Honour-Code%29)... Please note, this is merely part of my duties here on the forum to make sure people are aware of the rules.. ;))

Cheers & Thranx

thedada86
08-08-2012, 05:30 PM
We are hoping to release the mod in the next few weeks once everything is sorted out bugwise...

Are you playing with fire again? :) Somebody will nail you down on that, if he believes that "the next few weeks" are long gone...

K.J.
08-08-2012, 05:41 PM
well, there's only one way to be sure that doesn't happen - NC will be our tester-slave until release, he has to work to validate this :rofl:

NovaCatt
08-08-2012, 06:00 PM
Hiya Peeps, :wave:

Hmm, like that is it, guys? :p :lol:
Just remember, Christmas is only a "few weeks" away.... (yes, I know it's 6 months away... :buck: but.. that's still only 24 weeks away.. so "a few weeks away" is perfectly safe to write... :p See, I can still justify writing "a few weeks" to these sort of comments.... :rofl:)

Ok, in all seriousness now.. seeing as you two lads are here, any idea how our OP can get the ASDF to spawn using ATF ships rather then spawning Argon ships in the Aldrin sectors? :think:

Cheers & Thranx

K.J.
08-08-2012, 07:19 PM
The Forces are spawned by scripts in 1.2 afaik, you have to check those out if you want to change it. No idea which script in detail.

stemardue
08-08-2012, 07:24 PM
any idea how our OP can get the ASDF to spawn using ATF ships rather then spawning Argon ships in the Aldrin sectors?

My wild guess - not being a proper hardcore modder - is: either the ship spawn routine is a core routine - and then the type of spawned ships depend on the sector definitions, in which case i guess the sector race need to be changed at map file level - or there is a custom spawn script that take care of the sector ships (and there might be more than one involved, since some scripts may be called to add ships in response to game events), and in this case all those scripts should be tweaked to pick the ships to spawn.

In any case it's not a simple 'switch an option' thing, but some task that require manipulating one or more files.

thedada86
08-08-2012, 09:41 PM
that's still only 24 weeks away.. so "a few weeks away" is perfectly safe to write... See, I can still justify writing "a few weeks" to these sort of comments....

That is your interpretation, hopefully thexuniverse is not housing a psychopath with a different one. >:D

Ok, enough of that :spam!:.

dertien
09-08-2012, 01:22 AM
My wild guess - not being a proper hardcore modder - is: either the ship spawn routine is a core routine - and then the type of spawned ships depend on the sector definitions, in which case i guess the sector race need to be changed at map file level - or there is a custom spawn script that take care of the sector ships (and there might be more than one involved, since some scripts may be called to add ships in response to game events), and in this case all those scripts should be tweaked to pick the ships to spawn.

In any case it's not a simple 'switch an option' thing, but some task that require manipulating one or more files.

I am not a hardcore modder either, just trying to figure stuff out to the best of my abilities here.

Well, that was my guess too and looking at X3_universe_2.0.xml (the X-tended galaxy file) you can see that the race (r=17) is set to Aldrian in the Aldrin sector (x="13" y="10").

<o f="4" t="1" x="13" y="10" r="17" size="27500000" m="4501" p="-1" qtrade="100" qfight="100" qbuild="100" qthink="100">
<o t="2" s="62" neb="0" stars="0"/>
<o t="18" s="2" x="-30984098" y="0" z="1403509" gid="2" gx="11" gy="10" gtid="3" a="16384" b="0" g="0"/>
<o t="18" s="6" x="-701754" y="0" z="-26491228" gid="1" gx="13" gy="11" gtid="0" a="32768" b="0" g="0"/>
<o t="18" s="8" x="22631578" y="0" z="350877" gid="3" gx="14" gy="10" gtid="2" a="49152" b="0" g="0"/>
<o f="1" t="3" s="17" x="-134313488" y="-6631643" z="-783914054" color="6578000"/>
<o f="1" t="3" s="27" x="-131783895" y="-6506746" z="-769150210" color="16774625"/>
<o f="1" t="4" s="67" x="-56290274" y="-26571361" z="326826756" color="4276570" fn="0"/>
<o f="1" t="4" s="73" x="492806277" y="-268790841" z="9072262" color="0" fn="0"/>
</o>

Since the sector's race is not triggering it, I am going to use the elimination method to try find out what script(s) are actually spawning these patrols based on their nameology in the scripts folder. Getting deeper and deeper into the guts of this thing. Interesting.

Well , guess I got one step further still:

the file that loads the patrols is ...plugin.XTC.Job.Patrol.xml, now wasn't that bloody obivous. :roll:, now ... lets have a look at the script editor and what can be altered there.

If I delete this file no additional XTC patrols get spawned, but that is not what I am after. Looked at the file in the script editor, but doesn't seem to have any lines in there relating to ships, so gotto keep searching for the file that loads this.

Voila,

Looks like I found it.

What I did was open the file plugin.XTC.Lib.GetFactionShiptypes.xml with the script editor ingame.

Navigate to line 47 and change the value "maker race=Argon to Aldrin. (I must add to this that the Tships File I use also reflects this as all ships with Norse Names are Aldrian in that file also.)

To have only Terran ships spawn in Pandoras Gate, it is necessary to amend the ATF section in plugin.XTC.Lib.GetFactionShiptypes.xml with Terran ships via the script editor.

I tested it with different gamestarts and it works like a charm. I have Cadius ships now in there, showing up correctly and the Aldrians have their correct fleet assets spawned by the X-tended script.

Hooray.

Anyway, thank you guys for your support, and I hope this will help anyone else trying to figure it out how patrols are spawned and how to change them to your liking.

Bye for now.

Steve

Eliah
09-08-2012, 12:30 PM
I'll just mention that (imo) it's really great to see people take up the initiative and seek solutions such as these for themselves. Great work.

Snuggydoodle
23-12-2012, 05:17 PM
Hi there,
that sounds really great for me thet the Aldrin will have their own fleet with ATF Ships. So i tryed it out as "dertien" wrote but the only thing happened is that only SPITFIRES chacing around in Aldrin Space now. So i think i did something wrong because i use XTended 2.0 :)
Any solutions for me?
Thx

Dillpickle
23-12-2012, 05:41 PM
I should think that any 1.2 solution is unlikely to work with 2.0 - it took a bit of jiggery pokery to get the Aldrin sectors working due to the (dis)functionality of the spare race slots.

In any case the Aldrians only have two race specific ships, the Spitfyre and the Springblosssom, for everything else they use Argon ships - they are still owned by Aldrin, there ship id's will start with 'R' instead of'A' etc...