PDA

View Full Version : Installation questions

Wingnutcros
04-09-2012, 05:45 PM
Hello there!

I played this mod AGES Ago.

Then.

Computer BURNED, i mean seriously POOF up in flames.

Lost everything.

now i wanna play this again, but im having massive troubles trying to install it

Ive got a steam version of X3 TC and a nonsteam version*would prefer to use the steam one*

Can someone please give me a step by step walkthrough of how to install it*I will ALWAYS keep screwing it up*

Thank you to any who help me :)

Wingnutcros
04-09-2012, 05:46 PM
Wait, ignore this thread, just found out my mistake, was updating to 3.2. not 3.1

EDIT: wait, Unignore :P

I need to install this on my Steam game, will most likely need a walkthrough for that cause on steam u dont get to update your game yourself.. do you?

Nemoricus
04-09-2012, 06:22 PM
You don't need to worry. The most recent version of XTC is compatible with TC 3.2, so install Terran Conflict, then XTC into your TC directory. Have fun after that.

Dillpickle
04-09-2012, 09:04 PM
The easiest thing to do - assuming disc space isn't an issue - is to create a new folder and copy the contents of .../steam/steamapps/common/x3 terran conflict to it. Go to www.egosoft.com, locate the downloads section from the left hand side of the page and navigate to the Terran Conflict updates. Download the 3.1.1 to3.2 patch. Run this and point it to the new folder you created. You now have a separate version, independent of steam that you can install XTC to.