PDA

View Full Version : Weapon/missile/shield production complex not producing.

greenmjolnir
08-10-2012, 08:52 PM
I have just started building the weapon/shield/missile production complexes and for some reason once they are put up they allow me to only pick on item, at a premium price, to build at a time, then don't produce anything. It just says it needs resources and when given the resources, it still doesn't work... I really just don't know what to do...

Edit, when given the resources needed (all of them) it started up the process in a loop or seems too, but still burns resources.... But when I try to change it, the system takes my money to change the product, but doesn't actually change it and keeps producing the old product...

The only scripts/mods I am using is the Pirate guild, Yaki armada, and ADS with it, as well as the Sector Takeover.
I only say this because I thought these complexes were suppose to be leave alone and they loop... Otherwise, what makes them any better than buying a specific factor for each weapon, seeing as I can only produce one weapon at a time and have to pay boat loads of money to switch?

**EDIT** Double post merged.... Cheers, NC ;) **END EDIT**

K.J.
09-10-2012, 12:34 AM
the change will only happen after one cycle is completed, so you have to wait. Read the manual please. You pay for the productionsetup, not the weapon.
This is no Technical problem -> moving

Sam Redstone
08-11-2012, 11:52 PM
Also, just to be clear... the weapon / missile / shield factories are NOT self-sufficient. You still need other stations to produce silicon, ore, crystals, energy cells, bio, and food.

It's not a case of them being 'better' than a factory which makes a specific weapon, because those don't exist anymore! Instead, XTC has one factory which makes weapons, one which makes missiles, and one which makes shields. (And one for ammunition, too, I think.) Once you build it, you tell it what to produce.

As K.J. said, you have to wait until the current production cycle is finished before any changes take place (i.e. it will not simply stop in mid-production). Once it finishes, it will change over to whatever you told it to make next. If you leave it alone, it will "loop" in the sense of making the same thing over and over again (but not a "closed loop," that's different!)

Be aware that if you connect it to a factory COMPLEX (using construction kits), then you will NO LONGER be able to change what it produces. This gives you the choice of how you want to use these new factories - as a standalone that needs to be fed but can change its end product (flexibility) OR as a factory which only produces one thing but is connected to a complex (convenience). Up to you!

It's a much better system than the old vanilla one. For one thing, you can manufacture all the different races' weaponry while only using one type of food. For me, this is a huge load off. In vanilla, I had a major factory complex in every race's space, just so I could manufacture all their weapons and missiles. It was a pain to keep up with. Now you can put everything in one sector and lock it down real tight. ;)