PDA

View Full Version : sector trader stuck in standby

umberto_rico
03-11-2012, 09:48 PM
i have a level 2 sector trader on a scarab, which is stuck on standby, no matter which sector i send him to (with a couple of full powerplants and so on). he just searches for crystals to buy and normally there are none available and then he doesn't search on, just goes back to standby.

the installed equipment:
best buys locator
best selling...
boost extension
cargo lifesupport
cargo transporter
commodity log. 1 + 2
docking comp
fight cs 1 + 2
jumpdrive
nav com 1
ore collector
seta
special comm. 1
supply comm.
trade comm 1 + 2 + 3
trading system extension
transporter device
triplex scanner
video enhancement goggles
500 mj shield
4 pac's
2 pbe's
(i'm gonna use him as playership, too)

thanks alot for any help

stemardue
03-11-2012, 10:56 PM
(i'm gonna use him as playership, too)

Well, as long as you are controlling the ship, the sector trader script goes idle - but i guess you already knew that.

crystals

iirc crystals are produced in crystal fabs, and those are not among the most common farms. Why they are just looking for crystals, that is unknown to me, and quite puzzling.

dmcg276
05-11-2012, 04:03 PM
I had that problem in Albion Prelude, I'm not sure if it works the same way or not in xtended TC, but if there is an enemy in the sector it goes to standby. If you are enemies with any of the main races change them to friend and turn off "show as enemy if enemy to me" in the trader's command console. That fixed it for me anyway. I'm not sure if it will work for xtended, I haven't played it for a while, busy waiting for 2.0

umberto_rico
05-11-2012, 08:00 PM
oh, yes! there's always something you don't think of...

as terran all paranid hate me, so they are foes.

thanks for your answers!!!