PDA

View Full Version : Scripts 2.0 "INCLUDED" SCRIPTS

dctrjons
13-11-2012, 08:21 PM
Mainly I have in mind the official bonus pack. But I am curious if there are any 'popular' scripts that essentially been included in 2.0 that can be skipped, or others that should be avoided. Just curious if there are any changes with installation vs. 1.2a

stemardue
13-11-2012, 09:50 PM
Hmm aren't you jumping the gun?

^^

Let's let the baby out first and then see what may be changed ;)

Nemoricus
13-11-2012, 10:03 PM
The official bonus pack is almost certain not to work with 2.0, since it doesn't play nice with 1.2a. It remains to be see if Lucike has updated versions of his scripts for 2.0, though.

dctrjons
14-11-2012, 07:30 AM
Hmm aren't you jumping the gun?

^^

Let's let the baby out first and then see what may be changed

This isn't exactly a small game. In order to 'see' what is changed could take days especially with the progressive system unlocks and initial cash flow. And it has been a long time, I have an archive of mods, but I don't exactly remember what they do. I don't know if there will be features that they have that will be moot, or simply incompatible. I don't care about the more obscure mods I have...they are ones I won't know I'm missing till about 30+ hours in when I try and do 'something' that just pops into memory and realize..."oh yeah that was a mod."

On top of that it's going to take days to get the mod up and running with my schedule and current computer status. Last thing I want to do is have the process botched because I did something wrong and essentially need to start over....which will take days.

So just wondering off the top of anyone's head if they know of any mods that were essentially integrated or ideas borrowed from into 2.0. Nothing more.

I'm just happy the Boron miner finally got its turret :lol:

Nemoricus
14-11-2012, 12:04 PM
The only mod that I'd think is really appropriate to ask about is Complex Compactor, given that 1.2 was explicitly designed to be compatible with it, though it does not incorporate it. Is that still true in 2.0?

Aragon Speed
15-11-2012, 08:18 AM
That is still true. If Lucike updates his text files for 2.0 his scripts should be fine as well, as the only clash between his scripts and XTC's is a text file that we both use.

Nemoricus
15-11-2012, 02:42 PM
Ah, good. Complex Cruncher is very helpful when dealing with very larger and complex complexes, so I'm glad to hear that it's still compatible with 2.0.

Hopefully Lucike will update his scripts in short order....

K.J.
15-11-2012, 04:29 PM
But I am curious if there are any 'popular' scripts that essentially been included in 2.0 that can be skipped, or others that should be avoided.
No other scripts have been included in 2.0
There may be compatibility issues with scripts that deal with shields one way or the other - if they reference specific shieldtypes in vanilla they will use the wrong ones in xtc.

ApolloZani
15-11-2012, 07:49 PM

I haven't seen any activity from Lucike for quite some time now, though it's been nearly a year since I've last looked around in earnest. Perhaps I'm peering in the wrong places?

Nemoricus
15-11-2012, 10:57 PM
The most recent activity of his that I can find is at most four months ago, and it's at his own forum through lucike.info. Since I don't speak German and am not registered on that forum, I can't be more sure.

dctrjons
16-11-2012, 08:56 PM
This is somewhat related too, I also have not been able to find 'updates.' I don't 'know' the language, but I can typically follow based on context and Germanic / Latin patterns what is what...and still am not sure on what is possible to come with the few guys I followed.

Also though, scripts tend to be pretty robust when it comes to surviving patches / mods. Only really becoming a problem (from my experience) when a patch adds something a script used to kinda do, or if two scripts fight / write over shared info. It sounds like there is not much to fear in that sense...kinda of contrary thinking, but I kind of like the idea of fewer features added via the mod and leave the mucking up to the individual and custom scripts.

So questions answered, but to go off topic...if anyone does happen to know where script support will likely come from for XTC, that would not go unappreciated. (this 'question', I admit, IS jumping the gun, lol, I have no intent to go new script hunting till I've gotten a good deal of hours fur-balling it.)

Urizen
18-11-2012, 05:49 PM
Ah, good. Complex Cruncher is very helpful when dealing with very larger and complex complexes, so I'm glad to hear that it's still compatible with 2.0.

Are you referring to Complex Cleaner by Gazz, or is that some other mod, that essentially does the same thing? Tried to get CC to work with 1.2a, but it just ctds on startup. any advise would be much appreciated.

Edit: Thx Nemoricus ;)

Nemoricus
18-11-2012, 07:45 PM
Yes, I am, and simply forgot the proper name for it.

To have it work with XTC 1.2a, install complex cleaner first, and then XTC 1.2a. They won't work otherwise.

Raider480
19-11-2012, 12:08 AM
What about STO?

Retrox
20-11-2012, 12:46 PM
I think STO will work with XTC 'cause Trickmov was part of the X-Tended team originally, so it should stay compatible. Maybe there are some changes with the files but i think that it will be compatible due to the modular structure of this mod.

Aragon Speed
21-11-2012, 11:54 AM
STO will still work with 2.0.

Scoob
29-12-2012, 08:21 PM
That is still true. If Lucike updates his text files for 2.0 his scripts should be fine as well, as the only clash between his scripts and XTC's is a text file that we both use.

Hi,

Which text file clashes exactly? The reason I ask is because I checked the "fix" for Lucike's scripts with XTC 1.2a and it includes the following scripts:

!init.set.modified.pck
!ship.signal.killed.pck

As well as these "t" folder entries:

7213-L044.pck
7213-L044.xml
7213-L049.pck
7213-L049.xml

Not sure why .pck and .xml versions were included though. Again, this is from the official fix that I downloaded a long time back.

I admit, I'm using Lucike's scripts now in 2.0, so doubtless something has been overwritten. However, his scripts appear to be working so something XTC may well be broken.

Cheers,

Scoob.

billinauburn
31-12-2012, 08:09 PM
Noticed something strange. All my shields do NOT tell me what they are in neither MJ nor size(tiny, small...) on any of my ships. What is shown is this eg. 4 X {17,1915} {17,1915}... Basically I have to load different sized shields in my ships and see which one(s) are loaded, kind of klunky. I see this on ships and in the encyclopedia.

Clean install, patched to 3.2, correctly installed mod 2.0, Lucike's compilation. The only other script is the repair laser one.

Can't believe this is the way the game was made but thought I'd ask.

Thanks,

Bill

Nightchade
03-01-2013, 02:57 PM
Sounds like you broke your install.... Lucike's scripts are NOT compatible atm, and will stay that way until he (or someone else) produces a compatibility patch.... What repair laser mod are you using?

Either way, try XTC W/O those, bet you it works fine....

-Chade

Loriel
05-01-2013, 12:49 AM
Which text file clashes exactly? The reason I ask is because I checked the "fix" for Lucike's scripts with XTC 1.2a and it includes the following scripts:

!init.set.modified.pck
!ship.signal.killed.pck

As well as these "t" folder entries:

7213-L044.pck
7213-L044.xml
7213-L049.pck
7213-L049.xml

I believe that the clash is in the 7213-L044.xml file (or its German equivalent, 7213-049.xml), and that the corresponding .pck files were intended to fix incompatibilities with XTC 1.2, but no longer cover all incompatibilities with XTC 2.0.

There are a couple of fixes suggested - rather than scatter discussion over multiple threads I have opened a new one at http://www.thexuniverse.com/threads/23239-Compatibility-XTC-2-0-with-Lucikes-Script-Collection-for-X-Terran-Conflict for future discussions on these conflicts.

Loriel

merclord
12-12-2013, 04:45 PM
Are you referring to Complex Cleaner by Gazz, or is that some other mod, that essentially does the same thing? Tried to get CC to work with 1.2a, but it just ctds on startup. any advise would be much appreciated.

I need some help. I'm trying to install the Complex Cleaner but I've never used the script editor before. I don't know how to execute the "crunch" command. I do have the script editor loaded but I'm lost after that.

dctrjons
12-12-2013, 08:38 PM
Lol, don't touch anything. I thought I used CC before and didn't need to do any scripting to run any functions.

Where did you download this from? There should be instructions on the page. Will look real quick since I had(x2) a link to a bunch of those.

Edit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZqoPJSMqRo

Around the 7:00 mark. He walks though how to crunch.

Well more like at 8:40 but I would start at 7 min.

merclord
13-12-2013, 01:21 AM
Thanks a lot. Can you use this with XTC:AP? That's what I'm currently running.
Where did you download the complex cleaner?

dctrjons
13-12-2013, 02:59 AM
Thanks a lot. Can you use this with XTC:AP? That's what I'm currently running.
Where did you download the complex cleaner?

Short version:
Yes / No.
Dunno.

Longer:
Mods and this game are wonky. There's no telling what adverse effects it will have, well there is a way but it's pretty involved learning and spending the time tracking down likely conflicts. That said, the game is pretty robust, the way this game is set up scripts kind of run in their own world and don't tend to enterferre with anything as long as they are an addition and not specifically a "change". I don't know what this script "changes" about factories. On paper it should be simple removal of all the visible stations and just converting them all to a 'list' of sorts adding like types, subtracting resources over time and producing other resources. But I'm not 100% sure if anything else is changed that would effect gameplay. It might, and it might be so minor that in 2000 hrs of play you never notice it. Soooo, my guess is you are 60 percent likely of being safe, 70, 80 even.

And, I don't have the link. Just installed AP and mod myself and will be going through (when I get more time) and looking for old mods I used.

merclord
13-12-2013, 05:02 AM
OK, I've spent the last 3 days trying to get everything setup the way I want to play and learning about mods I never heard of before along the way. I've managed to install XTC:AP and I got the bonus scripts installed and so far the station builder script seems to be working fine. But the only version of the complex cleaner that I can find is still giving me a headache.

The video you showed me has the complex cleaner installed under the ship command: Orders-Custom menu, but the installation instructions for the script are cryptic. I downloaded a zip folder that claimed to be a package for the plugin manager, but instead it was just the files for the script. So all I could do was copy them into my game folder into the proper subfolders. But I still don't see the command. Unfortunately the guy in the video appeared to be running AP without XTC even though he had a bunch of other mods installed. I think I could get the complex cleaner working if I could find a working copy of it with instructions I can understand.

dctrjons
13-12-2013, 01:32 PM
Complex_Cleaner_AP.cat and Complex_Cleaner_AP.dat
Have you renamed these to 17.cat and 17.dat?

16 cat/dat should be the last ones in the main dir (I assume), there is no "mod folder" per say if they came that way in the zip file. And that's how "mods" are installed that are more than strictly scripting.

merclord
13-12-2013, 09:03 PM
Well there are 2 folders included in the zip fille, scripts, and t. They each have files in them which I assume is part of this mod. I copied them into the respective folders in my game folder. I also renamed the .cat and .dat files as you suggested. But I still can't get this mod to appear. I guess it just doesn't work in XTC AP, but I can't get it to work even in XTC 2.0 and I've seen another thread where someone tested it and said it worked.

dctrjons
15-12-2013, 03:49 AM
I download from
http://www.hentschke-keramik.de/x3scripts_tc.php3

That zip had a mod folder in addition, which 2 files (AP versions for us) go in the main directory renamed accordingly. I'll be installing it soon (today or tomorrow) I have to be mentally prepared to undo any changes the mods make and doing so while sleepy is a baaaad idea.

Edit:

Just realized, this might have to go in addon directory.... I'm not sure how that works.

merclord
15-12-2013, 05:42 AM
I hear ya. I've been working on this for days. Learning as I go. I have tried the version you are using and another one I found on egosoft site but the with the same results. So far, I've only gotten part of it to work. The command under a station to Self Destruct. For me, the problem seems to be that the Complex Cleaner command under the Custom menu on the player owned TL ship is simply missing. Had to also learn how to use the Plug Manager - Package Creator to create a package just to get this far. Simply copying the files didn't work for me. What fun...

Retrox
15-12-2013, 08:25 AM
If i remember correctly, the CC adds a new type of building - a box - that combines existing unconncted stations in a single building. have you added this station to the correct file? if you simply use it as a fake patch it wont work, 'cause CC and XTC add some new buildings.
In the case of the menu, you need to change the command-slots, so that there are no 2 scripts with the same command slot. I hope i could help you :D

merclord
15-12-2013, 02:18 PM
If i remember correctly, the CC adds a new type of building - a box - that combines existing unconncted stations in a single building. have you added this station to the correct file? if you simply use it as a fake patch it wont work, 'cause CC and XTC add some new buildings.
In the case of the menu, you need to change the command-slots, so that there are no 2 scripts with the same command slot. I hope i could help you :D

I have tried adding it without using the .cat/.dat files and I was able to get a message saying that it installed successfully. But how do I change the command-slots to eliminate any conflicts? The CC instructions mention a possible conflict with any mod that changes the TFactories.txt file, but those instructions were not very clear to me.

merclord
15-12-2013, 10:22 PM
Well I finally got it to install correctly. Turns out I was putting the script files into the main folders for TC instead of the addon folders. So I can get the command to appear on the Custom menu which is now showing under the ship orders, but the crunch command simply does not work. I get an error message saying that no factories are available because they already belong to a complex hub, but that is not true. However, it works fine with vanilla TC.

Edit: I just found an archive here (http://www.thexuniverse.com/archive/index.php/t-22660.html) that says XTC 1.2a had all of the factories built-in and that it was not required to modify this file per the original Complex Cleaner instructions. Could any XTC developer tell me if this is still true for XTC 2 and above, and XTC AP? Also, can anyone tell me how to locate and modify this list in XTC?

merclord
31-12-2013, 12:03 AM
After many days/hours of trying to get it to work, I finally gave up. I could not get the Complex Cleaner mod to work with any version of XTC 2.0. So I just switched to the XRM mod (http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=304158) for the first time and I love it. It seems to work seamlessly with a lot of mods and I installed about a dozen of them, testing each as I went.

One last note about the complex cleaner; The instructions say to use Cycrow's package tool to create a package with the files and then use the Plugin Manager to install it. However, every time I tried to create the package, one file - plugin.gz.CmpClean.44.xml would always get included in the package in the wrong folder. It should be in the scripts folder, but the package program always put it in the T folder. So I created the package without including this file at all. And after I installed the package I manually copied this one file into the scripts folder and it worked.

Mangar
31-12-2013, 12:19 AM
One last note about the complex cleaner; The instructions say to use Cycrow's package tool to create a package with the files and then use the Plugin Manager to install it. However, every time I tried to create the package, one file - plugin.gz.CmpClean.44.xml would always get included in the package in the wrong folder. It should be in the scripts folder, but the package program always put it in the T folder. So I created the package without including this file at all. And after I installed the package I manually copied this one file into the scripts folder and it worked.

Thank you merclord,, I think of only two people beside Cycrow that might find this important or can make a notation on their main threads as a note K.J. Dillpickle
If they have guidance I am sure they will respond to that finding, Again thanks for pointing that out. ;)