PDA

View Full Version : Discussion Ship yards

Turnus
15-12-2012, 04:44 AM
Okay I'm a bit peeved at tje build times.. 6 days for a tl, 6 hours for a heavy.fighter... Ive got a job I dont have fhe time for that, can someome point me to xtc compatible script or mod to lessen the time to managable levels? I know im provably sounding nitt picky but I love the idea of building my own ships but i cant manage it with the current time.

stemardue
15-12-2012, 09:10 AM
I don't know about such tweaks (that i tend also to consider very close to cheating), but i can suggest you try some different approach... a TL takes too long to build? Mass produce discoveries or other small ships and send em to any NPC shipyards for selling (better if of the same race of the ships you are selling, even better if you are in good rep with them). That way you should be able to make enough credits to buy the ship you want. ;)

Raider480
22-12-2012, 01:57 AM
Open hq.xml and change the time values, the most recent copy of the file will be a loose file or in the highest numbered cat. For example, in vanilla changing time from 100 to 10 would make everything built take 10% of the time. Of course all this is dependent on XTC's scripted build queues still taking advantage of the file.
I agree, I think the build times are ridiculous and I almost always reduce them considerably, but at least in the XTC we all have access to they saw fit to remove the credits requirement. I don't see the issue with making build times way lower if it takes the same resources. Maybe one aspect to consider is how minerals are much more abundant than in vanilla, so that kind of production potential could quickly get out of control. Still, balancing it all toward massively parallel building just delays the inevitable.