PDA

View Full Version : Cant dock at marine training Barracks'

Nanopizza
22-12-2012, 03:00 AM
Hello, this is the first time I have used the XTC forums so apologies if this is in the wrong place or anything.

So, over the past week or so I have gradually worked up to getting myself a nice shiny Cerberus (Argon M7) and now as I am bored to the bone with trading, I would like to make my cash by boarding ships however I am having a major issue with this.

The only 2 marine training barracks' I am aware of are in Sirius II and III however both of them have a permanant Argon titan docked at them and I can never dock with the station due to that selfish argon titan always being there.:furious:

Oh and one more thing, the Titan does not appear to register as a landed ship when I look at the landed ships window for the station.

I would try and find more barracks' but I get a funny feeling It will be the same story there so I thought I would ask around here first.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I have tried so many things (Inculding ramming the living daylight out of that titan which...well....lets just say didn't end well 8) )

Thanks
Nanopizza

Dillpickle
22-12-2012, 05:54 AM
Marine training barracks are 'normal' stations - no capital ship docking.

The titan is actually part of the station - used for training (you can actually see boarding pods being used on it).

To buy marines there you will need to dock a TP/TM/M6 there, then transfer them to your M7.

The Cerberus, whilst it can carry marines, can't actually use them, you will need an M7M to launch marines with boarding pods.

Nanopizza
22-12-2012, 07:09 AM
what do you mean by transfer, can I buy marines in the TM/TP and then transfer them across by just flying over to my Cerberus or a station it is docked with.

And also I thought there were other ways to use marines like the boarding transporter and also just having them fly across in their suits.

Thanks for the reply either way :)
Appreciate it.

Dillpickle
22-12-2012, 07:54 AM
what do you mean by transfer, can I buy marines in the TM/TP and then transfer them across by just flying over to my Cerberus or a station it is docked with.

You can transfer them in space if either ship has a transporter device installed - need to be 5km or less between the two ships. Or if both ships are docked at the same station.

And also I thought there were other ways to use marines like the boarding transporter and also just having them fly across in their suits.

However you launch marines, whether it's pods, transporter or spacewalk, the ship still has to be capable of carrying out boarding operations - M7M, M6 or TP.

Nanopizza
22-12-2012, 11:24 PM
I did try it using my M7 and a TP but it just didnt work, you cant micro-manage enough for it to be effective because your TP just gets shot down, and if you fly the TP the M7 ignores the "target SHIELDS only" and just kills the whole thing, guess its back to the drawing board for my boarding operations (no pun intended).

Either way thank you for your help and helping me to answer my question :)

Dondorius
27-12-2012, 07:57 PM
where can i train marines...
the boneheads let me dock on their shipyard, but the pirate base is red...
is their another way to train the marines or must i do missions for the boneheads?

thx so far

Threads merged; 2b. Please use search

insolent1
27-12-2012, 09:49 PM
All military outposts allow training

Nanopizza
05-01-2013, 02:55 AM
Finally got myself an M7M and ive boarded 2 ships, the first one was really tricky, but once you get the feel for it its not to bad, I found the 2nd one very easy. Hopefully they will sell well; because that is how I plan to make money from now on :)

Thanks for all the advice guys :)

Turnus
05-01-2013, 03:36 AM
Finally got myself an M7M and ive boarded 2 ships, the first one was really tricky, but once you get the feel for it its not to bad, I found the 2nd one very easy. Hopefully they will sell well; because that is how I plan to make money from now on :)

Thanks for all the advice guys :)

You can also build low level ships once you get a spacedock set up, and then sell them to their respective races, Ex: Argon Disco to an argon wharf. (I think there may be a cash bonus if it belongs to the race.)