PDA

View Full Version : Pirate Start Tips

JesusLovesYou
23-12-2012, 01:09 PM
Hi, first of all id like to thank xtended mod team for their incredible work on this mod, awesome christmas present for us X3 Terran fans.;)

Anyways im having hard time playing the Space Shanty start, im just not able to kill anyone with that crappy buster and PAC's, okay M5's maybe but anything beyond that is nigh impossible, so has anyone else had any luck with this start? any tipis for me? Are there any empty ships lying about in these starting sectors?

insolent1
23-12-2012, 03:47 PM
Thats a tough start with a **** ship, recommend just flying around split space hoping for an abandoned ship from the bailing script. Keep a satellite in end of patricarche as it probably has the highest chance of this happening of all the split sectors.
Look for weak boron prey while in split space
Do the lottery :)

Vhyle
24-12-2012, 04:43 AM
I was just out exploring in my discoverer (one of the argon starts) and was able to amass 1.2 million credits from bails that occurred while I was exploring. Border sectors are the best place, from what I can tell right now, in getting loot and bailed ships. Pirates are actually pirating, which is awesome!

Dillpickle
24-12-2012, 06:07 AM
I was just out exploring in my discoverer (one of the argon starts) and was able to amass 1.2 million credits from bails that occurred while I was exploring. Border sectors are the best place, from what I can tell right now, in getting loot and bailed ships.

The Argon starts are 'Easy' and 'Normal', whereas the Pirate start is 'Hard' - The harder the difficulty the lower the bailing chance. It is also easier recovering bailed ships from a race's sector when their military aren't shooting at you... ;)

Vhyle
24-12-2012, 02:54 PM
The Argon starts are 'Easy' and 'Normal', whereas the Pirate start is 'Hard' - The harder the difficulty the lower the bailing chance. It is also easier recovering bailed ships from a race's sector when their military aren't shooting at you... ;)

True, but every enterprising pirate starts somewhere! Just because I'm not making them bail, doesn't mean I won't take it. :D

I started the same start that the OP did, but I put the difficulty on normal, cuz I'm a wuss.