PDA

View Full Version : Problem with the XTC Text Files in the german installation

Pala78
23-12-2012, 01:18 PM
Moin moin,

how we say in the northern Germany.

First, great mod!!!!

I'm playing normaly the german installation. For the mod I installed X3 completely new. The mod insatallation was without problems. The game started unproblematic. In the game I have the problem that the textparts of the mod displayed like: "ReadText7212-2". Also names of weapons, shields. The german textparts displayed correct.

After this, I installed the game completely in english, then the mod. Now, I have no problems with the Text.

Aragon Speed
23-12-2012, 04:10 PM
I'm afraid only the English text files are up to date atm. The German translation kinda slowed down and then stopped.

Check this thread though: http://www.thexuniverse.com/threads/22557-Deutsche-%C3%9Cbersetzung-von-XTC-1-2-Update-2-0

Pala78
23-12-2012, 05:35 PM
Sure, I dont expect the german text files. Up to now there was, in the german version, on the text positions from X3TC the german text or voice and on the positions from XTC the english one. But now, there are on the original positions from X3TC the german and on the positions from XTC no voice and the the corrupt text: "ReadText7212-2".
I think there is a problem with other language installations of XTC at the text field's for XTC. In my mind, there is a link problem to the xml files in the t foulder. The xml's existing and correct.

I hope this is a better explanation of my problem. My english isn't the best.;)

Old Drullo321
24-12-2012, 11:11 AM
You're not the only one with that problem. It happens to me to with my german installation.

It wasn't a problem in the previous XTC 1.x, there it was a mix of english and german text and speech (which wasn't a problem for me). Guess I have to reinstall as well ;)

Pala78
24-12-2012, 02:18 PM
@ Old Drullo321
I found a solution. You can install the german version of X3 and than XTC 2.0. After that you install the speak and text files from the german part of the forum. After installation, 90 % of text and speak running in german. Some new parts from the version of 2.0 are not right linked and you get a error like "READID missing". But I read that the german guys working at the problem.

Have fun and Merry Christmas with XTC