PDA

View Full Version : Ambientusīs 2.0 Question thread

Ambientus
24-12-2012, 04:58 AM
I figured i would make this thread since questions will arise and i have a few myself.

1: Do you need salvage claim software to claim an M6 and larger ships? I got a pilot to bail on one but cant claim it in spacewalk.

2: Are the wares still set to a static amount? Im selling and buying but the stock is not changing.

3: Is there a way to reduce or remove the engine trails from fighters? My game has had this issue since 1.2 where in seta 1000x it will freeze the game for a brief second and it will appear infront of the fighter. I figured i would throw this out there since 1.2 had options during the installation for this.

Rockstarz
24-12-2012, 06:54 AM
In regards to question 3, it's always been my understanding that the engine itself has problems with seta 1000x, and that one should limit it to 800x

Ambientus
24-12-2012, 07:16 AM
Right on Rockstarz, i changed it to 800 and its has stopped twitching out.

Got another one for the list.

Does killing pirates in faction owned sectors no longer grant reputation? I seem to be getting it from trade and missions only.

2Blackhawk
24-12-2012, 08:12 AM
A question thread is not a good idea, as it makes it difficult to stay on topic and the find answers to a dedicated question again.

Therefore Thread splitted.

wrt your questiones:

1 afaik yes; see also a few threads below http://www.thexuniverse.com/threads/23053-SCS-needed
2 this is part of the new distribution system and intended
3 not a problem of the mod, therefore wrong forum

Vhyle
24-12-2012, 03:57 PM
Question 1 is a definite yes in that you need salvage claim software to claim m6's.

Trust a pirate when he says that, cuz we always make that priority #1 (http://www.thexuniverse.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1) , well at least I do. :D

Ambientus
24-12-2012, 09:26 PM
yeah, working on my recognition with Teladi at the moment. Its ridiculous. I started at -2 and its only going up when i sell and buy good. Missions aren't helping it, and neither is killing pirates in their sectors =/

AkrionXxarr
24-12-2012, 10:25 PM
I can say I've experienced similar for trying to boost notoriety with the Teladi. Started at -51 with them and after 3 hard patrol missions with I'd say 30-40 pirate corvettes registered as my kills (as well as the assorted fighters that go along with them) my notoriety went up to -51.. Or otherwise unchanged. xD I have noticed that just accepting/completing missions seems to boost notoriety a bit, however. For example, completing ~4 trivial delivery missions has pushed notoriety up a few points for me.

2Blackhawk
24-12-2012, 10:34 PM
this is nothing special for XTC but was already the case in vanilla X3 and TC. Teladi notoriety rises especially by trading (creditzzz). just sell the stuff you gain in your missions (missiles, bailed ships, weapons, etc)

Ambientus
24-12-2012, 11:10 PM
reporting from the front....

Killing Xenon has huge rep rewards still, so always aim those first if missions spawn them.
Also Something has definitely changed 2Blackhawk. Missions used to always give some reputation. Now they dont do jack for teladi at least.

Vhyle
25-12-2012, 01:15 AM
For pirates, doing pirating things in pirate space boosts the rep with them a lot. I like to waste those ships with the credit symbol on them, they have no shields and some hull damage. So that really boosts the rep. I turned dynamic rep on to see if those actions affect the Teladi, and it does. I went from 50 yellow neutral to 63, until I killed a Teladi named ship and went down to -51.

I'm a pirate though, or will be. I decided to stick to my Into the Cold Argon start because I found a blastclaw that was bailed, 3 terran m3's, a demeter super freighter and some other stuff all on the normal bail settings. Sure, they were damaged heavily, but with enough patience you make money off that stuff.

It's great salvaging while I wait for the pirate systems to open up, and you do get some great looting opportunities. One thing I want to make sure you guys look out for, is if the local military have a scheduled raid into pirate space. It's friggin awesome and the loot is pretty damn good that can drop. I saw a couple large shields, a huge shield, and some random weapons and ammo on the Shanty start before I restarted.

Check out the spoiler for something interesting I witnessed.

2Blackhawk
25-12-2012, 09:22 AM
thread splitted. please stay on topic. answers on questiones can be found more easily if they have dedicated threads
thread locked

K.J.
25-12-2012, 01:38 PM
2: if you have equiptrade AL option enabled the stock at EQDs and MOs wont reduce for weapons and such things. You can turn it off.

Shooting pirates in teladi space gives no reward, as they are neutral to pirates.