PDA

View Full Version : what is dynamic reputation

Ambientus
25-12-2012, 02:32 AM
Whats this Dynamic Rep you are talking about?
Additional script?

Nemoricus
25-12-2012, 02:53 AM
Dynamic reputation is one of XTC's optional plug-ins, and can be found in the artificial life settings. What it basically does is make any changes in your reputation with one race affect your reputation with others. For example, if you gain reputation with the Argon, you'll also gain some with the Boron, because they're allies. The reverse is also true. Lose reputation with the Argon, the Boron will like you less.

I think it's also set up so that if you gain reputation with a race's enemy, you lose reputation with the first race.

Exedar
25-12-2012, 03:36 AM
Does killing pirates in faction owned sectors no longer grant reputation? I seem to be getting it from trade and missions only.

It still does grant reputation. But since you are trying to gain Teladi-rep it might help you to know that they are neutral with the pirates so they don't care if you kill them in their sectors, you wont get any rep for that. All other races are enemys with the pirates so in those sectors you will still get rep for killing pirates. So for Teladi-rep you have to get lucky to find missions with Yaki (since the Teladi hate them) or Xenon or you are really lucky and get a Khaak-invasion :) Hope this clears it up a bit.

I think it's also set up so that if you gain reputation with a race's enemy, you lose reputation with the first race.

Yes it is, it is really painfull to try to get to a high level with Terran and Argon both even if they only dislike each other a little bit. Same goes for example for Boron and Split, if you do missions for one faction the other one will like you less.

Nemoricus
25-12-2012, 03:49 AM
Can dynamic reputation cause a race to go shoot-on-sight hostile with you if you boost your reputation too high with their enemy?

Exedar
25-12-2012, 12:09 PM
As far as I am aware it doesn't go to hostile but it definately goes into the "negative". I did a lot of missions for the Argon these days to get me a Reaper and my Terran Rep went from Warrior of Io (5, 30 or something) to Revolutionary (about -1, 40) so they wouldnt allow me to dock anymore in their core sectors. My Paranid rep however stayed at Desecrator of Holy Light (-3, 75) for the whole time so I guess thats as low as it will get.