PDA

View Full Version : to repair or not to repair, that is the question / Availability of Repair Laser

Bergiel
26-12-2012, 11:49 AM
Hey all, great work on the mod, been playing it every chance i get :mrgreen:

However (and i know this is not a polished, sqeaky clean product) i have had some small issues which i would like to be answered if possible.

In my 1st install after playing for a few hours i noticed that while remotely requesting a ship to jump to various known and explored sectors not all the gates would show up as optional targets. They had enough E-cells. Is that normal? A new quirk for 2.0?
Figuring that this may not be the case (and in my haste to install this awsomeness of a mod) i realised i hadnt cleaned my system before installation so proceeded to wipe all the old saves and x3 related wreckage that i found.

2nd installation went smoothly (which is much appreciated btw) and jumped straight in. 10 mins in and went to repair a capped M5 and realised i no longer had the space suit repair laser i had in the first install and had the option to install an impulse ray emitter instead :shock: Is this normal for XTC 2.0 or have i gone wrong somewhere.:cry:

Thanks

2Blackhawk
26-12-2012, 12:02 PM
moved thread as I cannīt see a bug so far / not sure about your title choice :rolleyes:

to your first question. can you name the sector and the gate you wanted to jump to? (not all gates are jumpgates and therefore cannīt used with the jumpdrive.

Edit after consulting K.J.
2nd: repair laser is only available if you choose easy difficulty via XTC ingame menu. The Team believes that a repair laser makes it too easy and therefore you have a IRE instead of a repair laser in the higher difficulties

Bergiel
26-12-2012, 12:41 PM
Thanks Blackhawk for the quick reply

the sector name was bean and as you correctly pointed out not all the gates were jump gates, 2 were orbital accelerators. easy to notice when you know what you are looking for.
However i think the bug label still applies as the game i was playing initially was the easy nividum horizon start (although i didnt notice at the time tbh) repair laser and all. Now though on the second install on the same start = no repair laser. Is this a case for a complete wipe of all the down loads and installs and starting from scratch? or a grin and bear it and hope thats all that has gone asqew. thanks

Milite Ignoto
26-12-2012, 03:11 PM
Is different Bergiel,you have to set the difficulty in the configuration menu.The difficulty for the start mean the resources that you already have ;)

Dillpickle
26-12-2012, 03:51 PM
Is different Bergiel,you have to set the difficulty in the configuration menu.The difficulty for the start mean the resources that you already have

The difficulty on the start menu is exactly what the in-game difficulty is initially set to in the configuration menu. You are then free to change this difficulty as you wish...

Bergiel
26-12-2012, 04:35 PM
K thanks for that guys, have had a look at the configuration menus and it does indeed say easy, normal, hard etc, the point im making is that on commencing the 'easy' difficulty start, where one would assume to start the game with a repair laser, i am not and was wondering if this is a glitch. i have completely uninstalled the game, redownloaded the mod + patch and reinstalled twice now and still having no success. Ive also tried to change the difficulty while in game, is there a lag time before changes take effect or is it instantanious? its not that im desperate to have a repair laser, it was the only teladi start, Im just a little unsure whether to continue playing as this might be a simple thing now that could be an indicator of a hidden bigger glitch that strikes weeks down the road. Should have let it be in the first place as it seemed to be working fine :cry: Any thoughts/advice would be appreciated Thanks

lich+ich
26-12-2012, 04:38 PM
Hi Bergiel,

have you tried to set the difficulty to "easy" in the in-Game Configuration menu? That should put the repair laser back in your spacesuit. Worked for me...
After that, you can adjust all kinds of values (bailing rate, khaak respawn rate, etc.) in the "custom"-settings to suit your personal style. That way you can have a "hard" game and still use the repair laser.

Hope I could be of help :)

Lich

Bergiel
26-12-2012, 05:30 PM
Hi Lich
Thanks for the input, i came to the same conclusion and have just adjusted the teladi start to a more normal difficulty (with a repair laser :lol:) always wondered why on my very first game i couldnt go 5 mins without a freighter or M3 or even 1 M6+ being capped in the few hours i played, now i know. Anyway thanks for the support, hope that minor glitch doesnt come back to haunt me in the weeks to come.

CleverLikeMe
28-12-2012, 11:38 AM
I too am having problems getting my repair laser working. I did a clean install and everything appears to be working correctly, however no matter which start I choose and no matter what difficulty I pick in the XTC in-game config menu, I don't seem to have a repair laser in my space suit. Is the config menu being discussed here different than the xtc configuration menu that I'm using?

As far as details, currently picked the nvidium horizon start, opened menu at start, checked to see that it was on easy, ejected from ship, and my only options to install laser are the IRE. got back in my ship, opened menu, cycled to hard difficulty, then back to easy, ejected again, still only option was the IRE.

What am I doing wrong?

Solitas
28-12-2012, 12:00 PM
Just changing the difficulty won`t give you a repair laser for your space suit.
Here is what you have to do:
1. You have to be in a ship, any ship.
2. Go to the in-game config menu and select easy difficulty
3. Exit your ship and voila, you should have a repair laser for your space suit.

It used to work in 1.2, should work in 2.0 as well.
Hope this solves your problem.
Fight with honor, die with glory! :)

CleverLikeMe
28-12-2012, 12:13 PM
Just changing the difficulty won`t give you a repair laser for your space suit.
Here is what you have to do:
1. You have to be in a ship, any ship.
2. Go to the in-game config menu and select easy difficulty
3. Exit your ship and voila, you should have a repair laser for your space suit.

It used to work in 1.2, should work in 2.0 as well.
Hope this solves your problem.
Fight with honor, die with glory! :)

Well, that's what I thought... but it doesn't work. I'm somewhat new to XTC and its been a while since I've played any X3 at all, so I could be looking at the wrong config menu. The one I'm using, I'm getting to by opening my controls, going to interface, then extensions, and finding XTC configuration menu and binding it to a key. That gives me a menu with race reps, 3 difficulty choices, an extreme difficulty, and an x-tended difficulty thats set to custom(?). I have been selecting easy from the 3 difficulty choices, and I've been doing it in my ship, then ejecting. When I eject I still only have the IRE available to install

Dillpickle
28-12-2012, 12:20 PM
If your start is easy, then save, reload - repair laser should be available when you eject. Any other start difficulty open XTC cofiguration menu (assign a hotkey for it if necessary) Set difficulty to Easy Save, reload - repair laser should be available when you eject.

CleverLikeMe
28-12-2012, 12:25 PM
That was the missing piece of the puzzle. Thanks!

Bergiel
28-12-2012, 12:39 PM
hey, clever
sounds like the same issue i had, and to solve it ihad to do the change in the config menu bit but then had to dock in a staion, save and reload the save for the repair laser to take effect, try that.

Vhyle
28-12-2012, 09:02 PM
Yeah, most of the time doing a save then reload 99.9% fo the time clears any issues.